PDA

View Full Version : One thing I can't stand is the constant hype of this team

Pat Vegas
10-04-2023, 12:40 PM
and Arteta,

Yes they are doing good things.
But after the bournemouth result it was like hysteria online.

It's all gone backwards. there is a whole bunch of 'fans' that won't allow you to critise the team or Arteta in anyway.

PSRB
10-04-2023, 01:01 PM
and Arteta,

It's all gone backwards. there is a whole bunch of 'fans' that won't allow you to critise the team or Arteta in anyway.

I still think there are few issues:
1. Don't know best starting XI
2. Ramsdale is better than Raya, imo...or at worst, didn't deserve to be dropped.
3. MA isn't very good at subs, especially attacking ones

That said, on the whole there is a lot to be positive about.
1. We were very poor last night but still really should have had won
2. Beat City and we go top
3. International break which should give Saka some extra recovery time.

Peter
10-04-2023, 01:51 PM
2. Ramsdale is better than Raya, imo...or at worst, didn't deserve to be dropped.

If we want to progress, we have to start making more intelligent decisions about shape, and about where and how we take risks in possession. We gift a staggeringly high proportion of the goals we concede through either basic errors in possession or being too easily cut open by simple balls forward.

We have to master the art of the early foul, the way City do. A simple shove or pull of the shirt before a counter attack even begins. City do this superbly, and subtly enough to avoid yellow cards.

PSRB
10-04-2023, 02:07 PM
If we want to progress, we have to start making more intelligent decisions about shape, and about where and how we take risks in possession. We gift a staggeringly high proportion of the goals we concede through either basic errors in possession or being too easily cut open by simple balls forward.

We have to master the art of the early foul, the way City do. A simple shove or pull of the shirt before a counter attack even begins. City do this superbly, and subtly enough to avoid yellow cards.

Indeed, Saka should have hauled Maddison down, the moment he got round him.

Sir C
10-04-2023, 04:56 PM

Sorry, but, “Beat City and we go top” made an actual lol slip out. :hehe:

Invent a way of turning horse**** into gold and I can retire.

PSRB
10-05-2023, 07:37 AM
Sorry, but, “Beat City and we go top” made an actual lol slip out. :hehe:

Invent a way of turning horse**** into gold and I can retire.

Thought you'd already retired?

Possibly a bit simplistic but more that being above City (yes, it'll only be 8 games) but also having beaten them is very much a positive.

John Bunnell
10-05-2023, 09:11 AM
and Arteta,

I personally hate the usual gushing about how great we are and the "told you so" antics of when we thump an average team like Bournemouth. We are ARSENAL we should be doing that.

Pat Vegas
10-05-2023, 09:19 AM
I personally hate the usual gushing about how great we are and the "told you so" antics of when we thump an average team like Bournemouth. We are ARSENAL we should be doing that.

and 2 pens and a lucky tap in :hide:

Sir C
10-05-2023, 09:24 AM
Thought you'd already retired?

Possibly a bit simplistic but more that being above City (yes, it'll only be 8 games) but also having beaten them is very much a positive.

I'm still doing three hours a day :-(

PSRB
10-05-2023, 09:54 AM
and 2 pens and a lucky tap in :hide:

I'm loving all the wailing and teeth gnashing about the fact we've had 5 pens already. :-) God bless VAR

PSRB
10-05-2023, 09:57 AM

I just want to get to the point I can do a 4 day week

Pat Vegas
10-05-2023, 10:18 AM
I just want to get the point I can do a 4 day week

fortunately I only do one day in the office a week now, but I found since the pandemic I am working all the bloody time, even on my days off, I try to not check my emails but I have this horrible urge to see what's going on.

PSRB
10-05-2023, 10:20 AM
fortunately I only do one day in the office a week now, but I found since the pandemic I am working all the bloody time, even on my days off, I try to not check my emails but I have this horrible urge to see what's going on.

We only do 2 days in the office, even that annoys me.

7sisters
10-05-2023, 10:23 AM

I’m down to three days per week then two in the new year :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
10-05-2023, 10:24 AM
We only do 2 days in the office, even that annoys me.

I get nothing done at all in the office.
I try to hide away in a meeting room if I can.

Luis Anaconda
10-05-2023, 11:37 AM

I work in the office five days a week. I get **** all work done at home. Although I have worked from London for a bit and that wasn't so bad

PSRB
10-05-2023, 11:39 AM
I work in the office five days a week. I get **** all work done at home. Although I have worked from London for a bit and that wasn't so bad

I'm glad I'm in the office today or I'd have spent the morning swearing at the TV because of the cricket.

Peter
10-05-2023, 12:24 PM

Exactly what I do :-)

7sisters
10-05-2023, 01:00 PM

You remind me of when I was delegated to our German office. It took me three months to get used to the coffee.
:headwand:

Pat Vegas
10-06-2023, 07:56 AM
You remind me of when I was delegated to our German office. It took me three months to get used to the coffee.

The only German office I have been to is the Lufthsana ones in Frankfurt. they had a tremendous canteen. endless suppy of currywurst

Luis Anaconda
10-06-2023, 09:01 AM

Fortunately I don't drink it. The free crate of beer a week is a nice touch though