PDA

View Full Version : WatchWIMB

PSRB
09-27-2023, 12:19 PM
I think the seal has gone on my Omega Seamaster - ironically after going in the sea and now has permanent condensation in it.....it's going to be expensive to fix isn't it? :-(

Is there any sensible way of drying it out?

WES
09-27-2023, 02:28 PM
I think the seal has gone on my Omega Seamaster - ironically after going in the sea and now has permanent condensation in it.....it's going to be expensive to fix isn't it? :-(

Tube to Oxford St
Wave it around a lot
Wait until you get mugged
Claim the insurance

No need to thank me :thumbup:

PSRB
09-27-2023, 03:02 PM
Tube to Oxford St
Wave it around a lot
Claim the insurance

:hehe: The thought had crossed my mind

Sir C
09-27-2023, 07:02 PM

Just pop it in for a service. About £300 the last time I had mine done. Cheap compared to Breitling or Cartier, mind.

IUFG
09-27-2023, 09:08 PM
Just pop it in for a service. About £300 the last time I had mine done. Cheap compared to Breitling or Cartier, mind.

This.

You not tightened the crown/winder properly, P?

Pat Vegas
09-28-2023, 07:11 AM

Omega would fix it shouldn’t be too expensive. Though they will send it away to Switzerland and it may take a while. But you’ll have the best repair.
And they will give you a nice travel box.

Pat Vegas
09-28-2023, 07:12 AM
Tube to Oxford St
Wave it around a lot
Claim the insurance

I wear long sleeves now in London.

PSRB
09-28-2023, 08:05 AM

Ahh, that's not as bad as I thought. For some reason I had £600 in my head for a service

Pat Vegas
09-28-2023, 09:03 AM
Ahh, that's not as bad as I thought. For some reason I had £600 in my head for a service

Crazy that some watch services are more than a car sevice.
Don’t need to take my Rolex for 10 years though :cloud9: