PDA

View Full Version : I have a Eurostar story, anyone want to hear my Eurostar story?

WES
09-26-2023, 07:20 AM
Too f*cking bad, I'm telling it to you anyway.

Get on the train and there is this very tall, exotic looking blonde with loads of hair and wearing sunglasses who is sitting not far from me. As I get off the train she is just behind me with a huge suitcase. Thought of being chivalrous and offering her a hand but couldn't be bothered.

Get off the train and there is a taxi driver with a hat on holding up a sign that says 'Ella Macpherson'

:-|

PSRB
09-26-2023, 07:39 AM

Get on the train and there is this very tall, exotic looking blonde with loads of hair and wearing sunglasses who is sitting not far from me. As I get off the train she is just behind me with a huge suitcase. Thought of being chivalrous and offering her a hand but couldn't be bothered.

Get off the train and there is a taxi driver with a hat on holding up a sign that says 'Ella Macpherson'

I have a good Elle Macpherson story as well.
My old boss was at a media event and Elle was there winning an an award for her underwear marketing and my boss was asked if he'd like to meet Elle, to which he said, yes. The chap took him to meet Elle but unfortunately my boss had got a bit flustered about the whole thing and was panicking about to say.
She said "I'm Elle, nice to meet you" to which his response was to clam up, go bright red before yelling "UNDERPANTS!!!" at her, to which she turned around walked off, leaving my boss to his shame :hehe:

Pat Vegas
09-26-2023, 08:53 AM

That's nothing, I met Les Dennis in Caffe Nero,
I say met, he was in front of me and I didn't say anything.

pjlincs
09-26-2023, 09:34 AM
That's nothing, I met Les Dennis in Caffe Nero,
I say met, he was in front of me and I didn't say anything.

I stood next to Jimmy Carr in HMV Oxford Street when a group of us was trying to get tickets for his sold-out Peterborough gig and said not a word.
Elle Macpherson's dad worked for / had connections with the company I worked for in Sydney. Never met him but when the Aussie cricket world cup winners parade was getting ready for the off I found myself face-to-face with Shane Warne who was sitting on the rear part of a Mercedes convertible but figured it was not wise to ask 'who ate all the pies?'.
I have however said good morning to Elizabeth (absolutely not Liz) Hurley. She is a regular guest at Belvoir Castle (just up the road) and was out walking with her weird son.

Peter
09-26-2023, 11:49 AM

A taxi driver, with a hat on :D

WES
09-26-2023, 12:04 PM
A taxi driver, with a hat on :D

C'est Paris, Peter :shrug:

Peter
09-26-2023, 12:44 PM
C'est Paris, Peter :shrug:

Have they updated the rolling stock? Last time I went on Eurostar the train was knackered.

WES
09-26-2023, 12:49 PM
Have they updated the rolling stock? Last time I went on Eurostar the train was knackered.

It is invariably both on time and a very pleasant experience. Mind you, I'm in business.

Check-in at St Pancras = superb, 1-2 min from arriving to the business class lounge
Check-in at GdN = carnage, silly Frenchies

Peter
09-26-2023, 12:52 PM
It is invariably both on time and a very pleasant experience. Mind you, I'm in business.

Check-in at St Pancras = superb, 1-2 min from arriving to the business class lounge
Check-in at GdN = carnage, silly Frenchies

I flew business class with American Airlines last month. Shocking. Slightly better than economy with Emirates. Food was worse.