PDA

View Full Version : Questions: Where does this North London Forever **** come from? Was it a fan thing

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-25-2023, 01:09 PM
or some kind of corporate **** seeded into the crowd by the club? And when did we stop singing Fvck 'em All and why was there no rendition of Hitler Was a Gooner at a NLD?

What has happened to Monty and can anyone remember any of his other handles - he was Kavutsa Schindler at the start I think.

Regarding Silver Memberships. Pre-covid I renewed my 3 ( Me, Son & Daughter ) to the point of reaching the thank you page then when I tried to book a match about 2 weeks into the new season the ticket site said I hadn't renewed and my memberships were gone. I know the club had become anti Silver because they negate the need for a season ticket so I suspect they were cancelling them on the sly. Anyone else hear of anything like this or am I being a conspiracist?

PSRB
09-25-2023, 01:12 PM
or some kind of corporate **** seeded into the crowd by the club? And when did we stop singing Fvck 'em All and why was there no rendition of Hitler Was a Gooner at a NLD?

What has happened to Monty and can anyone remember any of his other handles - he was Kavutsa Schindler at the start I think.

Regarding Silver Memberships. Pre-covid I renewed my 3 ( Me, Son & Daughter ) to the point of reaching the thank you page then when I tried to book a match about 2 weeks into the new season the ticket site said I hadn't renewed and my memberships were gone. I know the club had become anti Silver because they negate the need for a season ticket so I suspect they were cancelling them on the sly. Anyone else hear of anything like this or am I being a conspiracist?

Louis Dunford (Arsenal fan) wrote the song, it got picked up on social media and snowballed from there.

I think my silver is still operational, Ears uses it. I have a £50 odd direct debit that goes out every year. I believe it's now a random draw as whether or not you get a ticket.

Luis Anaconda
09-25-2023, 02:05 PM
Louis Dunford (Arsenal fan) wrote the song, it got picked up on social media and snowballed from there.

I think my silver is still operational, Ears uses it. I have a £50 odd direct debit that goes out every year. I believe it's now a random draw as whether or not you get a ticket.
Louis Dunford (Arsenal fan and son of Linda Robson, might have helped)

Luis Anaconda
09-25-2023, 02:10 PM

Ricky G was one, wasn't it?

Sorry to hear about your tickets, h. Seems like a lot of people have been shafted this year. Never mind - we're going back to being **** so demand will drop

PSRB
09-25-2023, 02:17 PM

I didn't know that :-)

IUFG
09-25-2023, 02:54 PM

Happened to one of our gang who attends.

Went to add him for tickets and he'd disappeared from the network.

He got on to the club and they reckoned he had not renewed. He kicked up a fuss and they reinstated his silver membership.

Pat Vegas
09-25-2023, 03:14 PM

I quite like Linda Robson,

Based on the fact she stopped to let me cross at the zebra crossing in Sainsbury's car park in The Angel.

Luis Anaconda
09-25-2023, 03:21 PM
I quite like Linda Robson,

Based on the fact she stopped to let me cross at the zebra crossing in Sainsbury's car park in The Angel.

As do I. Used to see her in the Sainsbury's on Upper Street (the mini one), she asked me to get something for her off a high shelf once. She was ever so nice. Very short though

Pat Vegas
09-25-2023, 03:37 PM
As do I. Used to see her in the Sainsbury's on Upper Street (the mini one), she asked me to get something for her off a high shelf once. She was ever so nice. Very short though

she likes a sainsburys :rubchin:

Used to be fun round the angel. say Kathy from Eastenders in Marks and Spencer, Cryer from the Bill walking down my street.

Su Pollard always trying to go undetected by wearing outlanding clothes and speaking very loud.
Paul Whitehouse was always out and about.

IUFG
09-25-2023, 03:48 PM
Su Pollard always trying to go undetected by wearing outlanding clothes and speaking very loud.

'Characters' :shudder:

Pat Vegas
09-25-2023, 03:59 PM
'Characters' :shudder:

I meant outlandish.
But I saw her in the Doctors waiting room wearing a suit that had a newspaper print design. big red glasses and hiding behind a newspaper. then when they called her name she said very loudly she wants privacy.

7sisters
09-25-2023, 04:01 PM
I didn't know that :-)

Jesus wept 🥴 https://youtu.be/wjCJv4W4kvw?si=_6OZErqEEyA4431_

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-26-2023, 11:19 AM
Ricky G was one, wasn't it?

Sorry to hear about your tickets, h. Seems like a lot of people have been shafted this year. Never mind - we're going back to being **** so demand will drop

I was getting set to kick off about the wilsons. The payments were likely held in a batch file and processed en-masse at EOD so it would be easy to scotch payments from the batch file before running. I've developed payment systems so I know it's feasible. Proving it would have been time consuming but possible but then Covid came and I lost all interest.

Glad to hear the song had a proper organic provenance and wasn't part of the Wenger inspired Disneyfication of the club.

PSRB
09-26-2023, 11:33 AM
I was getting set to kick off about the wilsons. The payments were likely held in a batch file and processed en-masse at EOD so it would be easy to scotch payments from the batch file before running. I've developed payment systems so I know it's feasible. Proving it would have been time consuming but possible but then Covid came and I lost all interest.

Glad to hear the song had a proper organic provenance and wasn't part of the Wenger inspired Disneyfication of the club.

One added bonus of the song, is how much it seems to wind opposition fans up.

Pat Vegas
09-26-2023, 11:45 AM
One added bonus of the song, is how much it seems to wind opposition fans up.

The Chorus is alright but the way he says London does my head in. it's so over exagerated. and for someone who grew up in The Angel I find the song quite miserable.

PSRB
09-26-2023, 11:49 AM
The Chorus is alright but the way he says London does my head in. it's so over exagerated. and for someone who grew up in The Angel I find the song quite miserable.

All fair points but it's far preferable to
YNWA
Blue Moon
I'm for ever blowing bubbles (the worst of the lot)

Pat Vegas
09-26-2023, 11:58 AM
YNWA
Blue Moon

But at the same time I quite like it sang in the stadium, I wonder if it will stick. Wonder of you never really worked, Apart from that one night when the Emirates was the loudest I ever heard in the champions league, only to be thrased by United :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-26-2023, 12:13 PM
YNWA
Blue Moon

at least one rendition of 'Maybe It's Because' ending with "Get off yer sister!"

Is it too much to hope that "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur" has died? It makes me cringe with embarrassment such is the abject shíteness of it. I'm sure that, back in the day again, it started with a quite witty verse of some sort with Bill Nich being in such despair at Spurs lack of Trophies he goes to Rome to ask the Pope for help but all his Holiness wants to know is "Who's that team they call the Arsenal?"

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-26-2023, 12:17 PM
But at the same time I quite like it sang in the stadium, I wonder if it will stick. Wonder of you never really worked, Apart from that one night when the Emirates was the loudest I ever heard in the champions league, only to be thrased by United :-(

I forked out for the best seats in the house for that one. The clown's arse Almunia expecting Ronaldo to wait til he[Almunia] was ready before he'd take the kick :-(

Sir C
09-27-2023, 05:57 AM
at least one rendition of 'Maybe It's Because' ending with "Get off yer sister!"

Is it too much to hope that "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur" has died? It makes me cringe with embarrassment such is the abject shíteness of it. I'm sure that, back in the day again, it started with a quite witty verse of some sort with Bill Nich being in such despair at Spurs lack of Trophies he goes to Rome to ask the Pope for help but all his Holiness wants to know is "Who's that team they call the Arsenal?"

They were going to Rome to see the pope when I started going in 1978. I’d say that qualifies as ‘back in the day’, no?

7sisters
09-27-2023, 07:17 AM
They were going to Rome to see the pope when I started going in 1978. I’d say that qualifies as ‘back in the day’, no?

Indeed it does. Proper lyrical banter and a far better offering than some turgid, cockney, dewey eyed cack that even has a passage glorifying that plate of culinary horse**** that is pie, mash & liquor. Good grief.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-27-2023, 07:45 AM

I first heard it I'd say about '74. I am convinced it didn't start with "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur". Is my memory playing tricks on me C? How is your menagerie btw? Has it expanded even further or did you get bored with the flea-ridden wee ****s and flog 'em to Maccy D?

7sisters
09-27-2023, 10:27 AM
I first heard it I'd say about '74. I am convinced it didn't start with "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur". Is my memory playing tricks on me C? How is your menagerie btw? Has it expanded even further or did you get bored with the flea-ridden wee ****s and flog 'em to Maccy D?

It provokes a question. Not about C’s nags but when the bantering rivalry actually began. My young ears weren’t tuned into it during those games against Leeds in the late 60’s when the old man first took me along to Highbury. He used to tell me of when he was a kid, during those post war groundshare days, getting passed over shoulders to the front and how he’d schlepp along to see Arsenal one week and Spurs the next. Unthinkable nowadays of course.

Luis Anaconda
09-27-2023, 10:30 AM
It provokes a question. Not about C’s nags but when the bantering rivalry actually began. My young ears weren’t tuned into it during those games against Leeds in the late 60’s when the old man first took me along to Highbury. He used to tell me of when he was a kid, during those post war groundshare days, getting passed over shoulders to the front and how he’d schlepp along to see Arsenal one week and Spurs the next. Unthinkable nowadays of course.

Unnaffordable for one thing

Sir C
09-27-2023, 12:03 PM

I do have a recollection of it being, “the famous Tottenham Hotspur”, now you mention it.

3 cats, 3 chickens, 1 dog, 4 horses. I’m ****ing knackered.

Sir C
09-27-2023, 12:06 PM
Indeed it does. Proper lyrical banter and a far better offering than some turgid, cockney, dewey eyed cack that even has a passage glorifying that plate of culinary horse**** that is pie, mash & liquor. Good grief.

I’m not averse to the sentimentality of the thing, but the bloke’s accent bothers me a bit. No whan torks like that, surely?

Peter
09-27-2023, 12:59 PM

I think it was about getting away from the wife for a few hours and getting a few pints in.

7sisters
09-27-2023, 02:25 PM
I think it was about getting away from the wife for a few hours and getting a few pints in.

Encapsulated here, to perfection.
https://youtu.be/yqve-jFpAhc?si=2tsLZSeFe4VJEClx

7sisters
09-27-2023, 02:36 PM
I’m not averse to the sentimentality of the thing, but the bloke’s accent bothers me a bit. No whan torks like that, surely?

This is where we are, sadly. Change is as inevitable as a sh1t advert from Malteser’s, I suppose.

London, together with it’s accent has evolved more culturally in the last 20 years than the previous 120, perhaps longer. It’s the pace of change that’s difficult to take in.

Peter
09-28-2023, 11:01 AM
This is where we are, sadly. Change is as inevitable as a sh1t advert from Malteser’s, I suppose.

London, together with it’s accent has evolved more culturally in the last 20 years than the previous 120, perhaps longer. It’s the pace of change that’s difficult to take in.

Sign of age, that. :-)

7sisters
09-28-2023, 11:35 AM
Sign of age, that. :-)

That’s true and we can all be guilty of getting stuck in a era but the pace of change is an undeniable factor.
I live in a typical Herts market town and passed a couple of kids on the street the other day. They were both speaking in what I can only describe as a sort of sh*t John Barnes accent, the one where the letter, I mutates into this wierd, metropolitan, AE noise. I grew up kicking balls over the hackney marshes and never heard that abortion of an accent from anyone ?
I don’t approve. I suspect I’m not alone. When you get used to BBC programme announcers uttering D’at , D’ose or D’em, you can be forgiven for wondering how much lower the bar needs to go.

Peter
09-28-2023, 11:52 AM
That’s true and we can all be guilty of getting stuck in a era but the pace of change is an undeniable factor.
I live in a typical Herts market town and passed a couple of kids on the street the other day. They were both speaking in what I can only describe as a sort of sh*t John Barnes accent, the one where the letter, I mutates into this wierd, metropolitan, AE noise. I grew up kicking balls over the hackney marshes and never heard that abortion of an accent from anyone ?
I don’t approve. I suspect I’m not alone. When you get used to BBC programme announcers uttering D’at , D’ose or D’em, you can be forgiven for wondering how much lower the bar needs to go.

Well, that is because multiculturalism has failed, innit. I know because the Home Secretary, daughter of indian immigrants and married to the son of jewish south african immigrants, told me so :-)

Have you seen how some of these young women dress? Don't know where to look! :-(

7sisters
09-28-2023, 12:05 PM
Well, that is because multiculturalism has failed, innit. I know because the Home Secretary, daughter of indian immigrants and married to the son of jewish south african immigrants, told me so :-)

Have you seen how some of these young women dress? Don't know where to look! :-(

This has sod all to do with multiculturalism, it’s roots are in the appeasement of poor standards. You wouldn’t want to hear Danny Dyer, fink, f’ought and ainting all over the news, would you ? People like Clive Myrie are at the absolute top of the tree, so why play to a gallery that’s only going to erode standards further ?
The obese girl advertising clunge towels while performing a triple salko ? I mean, what’s the message here. Stay at 20 stone and over burden the NHS with Type 2 diabetes for decades, because, because, fat shaming and inclusion ?
:hehe:

Peter
09-28-2023, 12:18 PM
This has sod all to do with multiculturalism, it’s roots are in the appeasement of poor standards. You wouldn’t want to hear Danny Dyer, fink, f’ought and ainting all over the news, would you ? People like Clive Myrie are at the absolute top of the tree, so why play to a gallery that’s only going to erode standards further ?
The obese girl advertising clunge towels while performing a triple salko ? I mean, what’s the message here. Stay at 20 stone and over burden the NHS with Type 2 diabetes for decades, because, because, fat shaming and inclusion ?
:hehe:

And then you have your trans and non-binary mob. Bloody madness :-)

7sisters
09-28-2023, 12:30 PM
And then you have your trans and non-binary mob. Bloody madness :-)

And…. Why is it that people with long covid all seem to work in the public sector and those poor dears who do struggle to get out of their beds take an hour to answer a phone call ?

Ok. That’s probably enough societal cynicism for one day: Ed..