PDA

View Full Version : Playing well. Unlucky not to be winning at half time

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
09-24-2023, 01:56 PM
Spurs having three important defensive players booked should have a say on how the game finishes. Just dribble into the box at every opportunity.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
09-24-2023, 03:06 PM
Well that's cnutish. What can you do? Rice goes off injuried and the player that replaces him is a massivie downgrade, but still. He actually is World class at keeping the ball ticking over in possession and wearaing the oppisition down. Then he plays his biggest fcuk up of his career.

John Bunnell
09-24-2023, 03:17 PM
Bit concerning to have squandered a lead in quick fashion (one where we had an extra man) twice in just 6 games.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
09-24-2023, 03:27 PM
The Saka/Trossard/Rice/Martineli knocks could be a major blow for our season. I wasn't over the moon with Arteta's subs but with the league cup coming up and with those knocks (possibly worse) it's time for somebody to step up and nail a starting place. The Xhaka starting spot is there for grabs who ever has the balls to take it.

I can see Eddie taking a lot of flak today. On the ball, sure 100% he's nowhere near synched up with the rest of this squad on a tecthincal level. Never the less he ran his heart out and chased everything down. To me he's a new Togo. Minus the freakish 6'3 frame with blistering pace and hold up play that comes about once in a lifetime (Haaland). And of course a decent finisher. Eddie is getting in on grafting alone. Which is commendable in fairness.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
09-24-2023, 03:29 PM
The Saka/Trossard/Rice/Martineli knocks could be a major blow for our season. I wasn't over the moon with Arteta's subs but with the league cup coming up and with those knocks (possibly worse) it's time for somebody to step up and nail a starting place. The Xhaka starting spot is there for grabs who ever has the balls to take it.

I can see Eddie taking a lot of flak today. On the ball, sure 100% he's nowhere near synched up with the rest of this squad on a tecthincal level. Never the less he ran his heart out and chased everything down. To me he's a new Togo. Minus the freakish 6'3 frame with blistering pace and hold up play that comes about once in a lifetime (Haaland). And of course a decent finisher. Eddie is getting in on grafting alone. Which is commendable in fairness.

Basically what i'm saying is that Eddie is this century's Paul Dickov.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-24-2023, 03:48 PM
Basically what i'm saying is that Eddie is this century's Paul Dickov.

PSRB
09-25-2023, 07:38 AM

:nod: He was absolute gash and very lucky not to get a red. Why Arteta took off Jesus and not Eddie, God only knows.

Pat Vegas
09-25-2023, 08:17 AM
:nod: He was absolute gash and very lucky not to get a red. Why Arteta took off Jesus and not Eddie, God only knows.

I really don't see what Eddie offers. at this point I'd rather but Havertz up front (if we have too)

PSRB
09-25-2023, 08:26 AM
I really don't see what Eddie offers. at this point I'd rather but Havertz up front (if we have too)

Apparently Jesus was injured :rolleyes:

Pat Vegas
09-25-2023, 08:43 AM
Apparently Jesus was injured :rolleyes:

hmm. I think Arteta seems a nervous sort lately.
I don't think we have played particually well so far this year apart from the CL.

I really hope we buy a striker in January. Eddie might be his undoing. and as much as I'd like Havertz to come good he's just lost any sort of confidence he has.

Arteta is being a hard arse on the goalkeeper situation hopefully he can be elsewhere too.

PSRB
09-25-2023, 09:26 AM
hmm. I think Arteta seems a nervous sort lately.
I don't think we have played particually well so far this year apart from the CL.

I really hope we buy a striker in January. Eddie might be his undoing. and as much as I'd like Havertz to come good he's just lost any sort of confidence he has.

Arteta is being a hard arse on the goalkeeper situation hopefully he can be elsewhere too.

Jesus buries that chance and we'd have cruised that match. Still pissed off about that, bread and butter opportunity for a top striker

Pat Vegas
09-25-2023, 09:28 AM
Jesus buries that chance and we'd have cruised that match. Still pissed off about that, bread and butter opportunity for a top striker

:nod: would have been game over.

Or if Eddie would have sqaured it to Vieira.

PSRB
09-25-2023, 09:32 AM
:nod: would have been game over.

Or if Eddie would have sqaured it to Vieira.

Neville waffling on that that pass was too difficult. No it bloody wasn't, it a simple ball

Peter
09-25-2023, 09:39 AM

Agree it was poor, and unfortunately that is part of his game- very hit and miss in front of goal.

However, I don't think we would have cruised the game. We are so horribly open every time we lose the ball and almost constantly light on numbers in midfield. If we want to progress this team we are going to have to tighten up our game and learn to manage counter attacks better.

I always had a feeling this season was going to be tougher and it is proving it so far. Looks like we are going to get worse for a bit before improving. I am far from convinced by the way Arteta is setting up the midfield each game. The injuries look like causing us problems in the short term.

Peter
09-25-2023, 09:40 AM
Neville waffling on that that pass was too difficult. No it bloody wasn't, it a simple ball

It wasn't difficult, but the space to play that pass emerged very late on. Eddie didn't see it.

Pat Vegas
09-25-2023, 09:41 AM

He's got to stop making that noise too 'ooooooooooooh' when something dramatic happens

Pat Vegas
09-25-2023, 09:45 AM
It wasn't difficult, but the space to play that pass emerged very late on. Eddie didn't see it.

and that's why he is useless. head down.

Peter
09-25-2023, 09:49 AM
and that's why he is useless. head down.

Seems he gets the blame for an awful lot of things while other people are almost immune. We may love them, but Zinchenko and Jesus do make a lot of mistakes that seem to just get ignored.

Eddie isn't a world class striker but yesterday's failings were not his fault and in our overall performances at the moment he is far from being the problem.

Pat Vegas
09-25-2023, 09:54 AM
Seems he gets the blame for an awful lot of things while other people are almost immune. We may love them, but Zinchenko and Jesus do make a lot of mistakes that seem to just get ignored.

Eddie isn't a world class striker but yesterday's failings were not his fault and in our overall performances at the moment he is far from being the problem.

I am also running out of patience with Jesus to be honest. he does tend to fall over a lot recently. and Zinchenko is a liability sometimes (but by Arteta's design)

IUFG
09-25-2023, 09:58 AM

Eddie put a lot of work in, off the ball, yesterday, so fair play for that. But. He is not the answer to our striking requirements.

Jesus should have put that chance away. A poor choice going for power.

I think our midfield melted when Rice went off.

Jorginho? Don't lose it there, mate...

Peter
09-25-2023, 09:59 AM
I am also running out of patience with Jesus to be honest. he does tend to fall over a lot recently. and Zinchenko is a liability sometimes (but by Arteta's design)

I think Jesus is amazing apart from his finishing. Zincehnko is brilliant but takes the wrong risks sometimes.

If those faults were not in their game they would still be at City. They have definitely improved us.

IUFG
09-25-2023, 09:59 AM
and Zinchenko is a liability sometimes (but by Arteta's design)

He's a better midfielder than a fullback imo

Peter
09-25-2023, 10:00 AM
Eddie put a lot of work in, off the ball, yesterday, so fair play for that. But. He is not the answer to our striking requirements.

Jesus should have put that chance away. A poor choice going for power.

I think our midfield melted when Rice went off.

Jorginho? Don't lose it there, mate...

I think the Rice substitution dictated the Vieira one. Arteta seemed to feel Jorginho needed more support than Rice did and Havertz was the better option. Didnt work. WE were all over the place in the second half.

IUFG
09-25-2023, 10:02 AM
I think the Rice substitution dictated the Vieira one. Arteta seemed to feel Jorginho needed more support than Rice did and Havertz was the better option. Didnt work. WE were all over the place in the second half.

Probably right there, P

PSRB
09-25-2023, 10:05 AM
Probably right there, P

That said, why no VAR of the Udogie handball? Was even more of a pen than the one we got, plus would have been a 2nd yellow.

Luis Anaconda
09-25-2023, 10:06 AM

Yeah - bad day at the office. Take it on the chin and move on. Not like we lost to ****ers. One defeat in 30 at home to them is still one too many

IUFG
09-25-2023, 10:09 AM
That said, why no VAR of the Udogie handball? Was even more of a pen than the one we got, plus would have been a 2nd yellow.

I'm not sure why VAR was involved in the handball that resulted in the pelanty. A pelanty all day, every day.

Mind you, having seen a replay of the Eddie tackle on their keeper, I think he was lucky to get a yellow.

ref was piss poor all game imo

PSRB
09-25-2023, 10:12 AM
Should have booked at least 2 scum players before he finally did.

Yes, I thought Eddie was a bit fortunate. Not a very clever challenge

7sisters
09-25-2023, 10:14 AM
Yeah - bad day at the office. Take it on the chin and move on. Not like we lost to ****ers. One defeat in 30 at home to them is still one too many

I sensed problems the moment we lost Martinelli and Trossard, so many attacking options stem from that left channel.
Partey’s still a big miss when he’s on his game and I’ve doubts Zinchenko would be starting so often if Timber were fit.
Fine margins, Spurs are much improved under the Aussie and will probably be up there challenging for CL slots at the end.
At least we can all laugh uncontrollably at Boehly & Chelsea ?

Luis Anaconda
09-25-2023, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure why VAR was involved in the handball that resulted in the pelanty. A pelanty all day, every day.

Mind you, having seen a replay of the Eddie tackle on their keeper, I think he was lucky to get a yellow.

ref was piss poor all game imo

Even Spurs mates have said it was a clear pen

Peter
09-25-2023, 10:27 AM
Even Spurs mates have said it was a clear pen

I usually have little faith in VAR but when they were checking that one I was 100% convinced they would give it. That gives a decent indication of how bloody obvious it was!

Peter
09-25-2023, 10:28 AM

Has Maddison become a bigger **** since joining them or was he always like that?

Looks every inch the Spurs player. He even has the face.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
09-25-2023, 10:30 AM
Eddie deserves credit for his reaction after we scored the 2nd goal and the players were overly celebrating. He give his team mates a stern look and tapped his temple as if to say come on lads, keep switched on and don't fcuk this up. 30 seconds later we conceded the equaliser....

Luis Anaconda
09-25-2023, 10:42 AM
Has Maddison become a bigger **** since joining them or was he always like that?

Looks every inch the Spurs player. He even has the face.

It would appear so - although I didn't like him at Leicester. A very good **** of a player though

Peter
09-25-2023, 10:44 AM
It would appear so - although I didn't like him at Leicester. A very good **** of a player though

Brilliant signing for them. Exactly what they needed and pretty cheap.

One positive of the start Spurs have made is it is making Conte look a right ****. :-)

Luis Anaconda
09-25-2023, 10:45 AM
Brilliant signing for them. Exactly what they needed and pretty cheap.

One positive of the start Spurs have made is it is making Conte look a right ****. :-)

this is also very true