PDA

View Full Version : Poor Ramsdale

PSRB
09-21-2023, 08:13 AM
I really don't think he's done anything wrong. That said, Raya, has looked very assured and calm.

On another note, I did laugh at Ben White's yellow, lovely tap tackle :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2023, 08:30 AM
I really don't think he's done anything wrong. That said, Raya, has looked very assured and calm.

I'm team Aaron (though I do like the look of Raya)

PSRB
09-21-2023, 08:33 AM
I'm team Aaron (though I do like the look of Raya)

I'm not convinced that Raya's distribution is better than Aaron's. Also, it helps your save percentage when everything is hit straight at you. I'll hold judgement until I see Raya pull off some the saves Aaron has.

John Bunnell
09-21-2023, 08:37 AM
I have no sentiment for individual players. It's Arsenal not Ramsdale FC. As long as we are winning who cares. I mean I don't think the likes of Ramsdale and ESR have done much wrong but if we keep winning they can stay benched.

IUFG
09-21-2023, 08:37 AM

Brutal business this top level football.

Love Aaron as a personality but Mikel has been chasing Raya since he got the job.
Raya now first choice imo.

PSRB
09-21-2023, 08:40 AM
Brutal business this top level football.

Love Aaron as a personality but Mikel has been chasing Raya since he got the job.
Raya now first choice imo.

Yep. Apparently, Henry said last night on CBS that MA felt Ramsdale was the keeper to get us challenging and Raya is the one to get us winning trophies.

WES
09-21-2023, 09:06 AM
I'm not convinced that Raya's distribution is better than Aaron's. Also, it helps your save percentage when everything is hit straight at you. I'll hold judgement until I see Raya pull off some the saves Aaron has.

I like them both - but Ramsdale did look like the most uncoordinated keeper ever for the 1st Fulham goal. And not sure he shouldn't have saved Rashford's as well.

Nice to have them both, hopefully Ramsdale takes it professionally and works even harder.

redgunamo
09-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Yes, he did. Also that, as a player, you cannot be frightened of competition when you're at a big club. Easy to say if you're Thierry Henry, I suppose ..

Yep. Apparently, Henry said last night on CBS that MA felt Ramsdale was the keeper to get us challenging and Raya is the one to get us winning trophies.

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2023, 10:08 AM

Also on CBS - Henry to Kane "You look good in red and white" :hehe:

PSRB
09-21-2023, 10:12 AM

:hehe:

For some reason, it'd totally passed me by that spurs aren't in any form of European competition.

redgunamo
09-21-2023, 10:13 AM
loooooooool.

7sisters
09-21-2023, 10:27 AM

We’re about to find out if Mikel’s rotation speech to the press was all part of his M25 waffle.
If Raya starts on Sunday, Ramsdale has his answer.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-21-2023, 10:40 AM
Yep, easy to say when, even though you are a peanut headed, one-on-one spunking, CL Final losing choker, you are first choice.

redgunamo
09-21-2023, 02:00 PM
:-\ Harsh but fair, Herbert.

Yep, easy to say when, even though you are a peanut headed, one-on-one spunking, CL Final losing choker, you are first choice.

WES
09-21-2023, 02:02 PM

:clap: :clap:

Haven't changed much in your old age Herbie :hehe:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-21-2023, 02:27 PM
:clap: :clap:

Haven't changed much in your old age Herbie :hehe:

I can't forgive or forget and I see it every day. The CL in his hands, at his feet, only the keeper in the way; the tame, acquiescent pitiful dribble of a shot straight into the prostrate keeper's arms. The shot of a man whose courage had failed him. :(

IUFG
09-21-2023, 03:30 PM
I can't forgive or forget and I see it every day. The CL in his hands, at his feet, only the keeper in the way; the tame, acquiescent pitiful dribble of a shot straight into the prostrate keeper's arms. The shot of a man whose courage had failed him. :(

that and having to have this **** in goal
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/25/article-0-03AAC7A7000005DC-735_468x737.jpg

109 appearances. SMFH

WES
09-22-2023, 07:15 AM
that and having to have this **** in goal
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/25/article-0-03AAC7A7000005DC-735_468x737.jpg

109 appearances. SMFH

Yes but only because Kraut nutter had another mad rush of blood and decided that being down to 10 men was better than being down 1-0.

Mental he was.

PSRB
09-22-2023, 07:49 AM
Yes but only because Kraut nutter had another mad rush of blood and decided that being down to 10 men was better than being down 1-0.

Mental he was.

Ref still should have played advantage, you could see what was going to happen.

redgunamo
09-22-2023, 12:30 PM
Young Dave is like having an extra body in our back-line, freeing a defender to push up even further. And so on.

René Higuita was simply way ahead of his time.

redgunamo
09-22-2023, 12:32 PM
Right. Especially after the whole referee-in-a-Barcelona-shirt malarkey from before.

Ref still should have played advantage, you could see what was going to happen.