PDA

View Full Version : I reckon it's 20 years since AWIMB's heyday.

Sir C
09-18-2023, 10:04 AM
I remember being at Stansted going on a business trip and checking in at an internet cafe to catch up with Canary Dwarf's cousin-****ing developments :hehe:

PSRB
09-18-2023, 10:52 AM
I remember being at Stansted going on a business trip and checking in at an internet cafe to catch up with Canary Dwarf's cousin-****ing developments :hehe:

Some genuinely funny stuff, the club was in a great place, happy days.

Damn social media ruining it all

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2023, 11:00 AM

Think of the deviants you ended up meeting at that time though

Sir C
09-18-2023, 12:34 PM
Think of the deviants you ended up meeting at that time though

:hehe: Yes, it will soon be 20 years since you and I first met...

Back then I used to have a hugely expensive, ridiculously obsessive hobby that took up all my time and energy. Thank God that's... D'OH!

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2023, 12:44 PM
:hehe: Yes, it will soon be 20 years since you and I first met...

Back then I used to have a hugely expensive, ridiculously obsessive hobby that took up all my time and energy. Thank God that's... D'OH!

But very rewarding at least

PSRB
09-18-2023, 03:16 PM

Speaking of 2003 and wrong 'uns. This Russell Brand charge from a night out in Soho in 2003. He's never going to be able to remember where he was or what he was doing.

I can't even remember where I was living in 2003!!

That said, I've always thought he was a weird bloke

Sir C
09-18-2023, 06:34 PM
Speaking of 2003 and wrong 'uns. This Russell Brand charge from a night out in Soho in 2003. He's never going to be able to remember where he was or what he was doing.

I can't even remember where I was living in 2003!!

That said, I've always thought he was a weird bloke

Russel Brand a bit rapey? No **** Sherlock. The bloke is the most obvious sex case I’ve ever seen apart from you.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2023, 08:28 AM

has it come full circle. I will be doing this tomorrow. not sure if they still have internet cafe's though.
I tell you what they do have. not enough seats.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2023, 08:28 AM
Russel Brand a bit rapey? No **** Sherlock. The bloke is the most obvious sex case I’ve ever seen apart from you.

I don't think he ever hid it really.

PSRB
09-19-2023, 09:02 AM
has it come full circle. I will be doing this tomorrow. not sure if they still have internet cafe's though.

Deliberate ploy at all airports, to make you spend a bloody fortune in the shops.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2023, 09:59 AM
Deliberate ploy at all airports, to make you spend a bloody fortune in the shops.

I don't even find the shopping very good either.

I'll always look at a giant toblerones and those travel neck pillow things.

Luis Anaconda
09-19-2023, 11:53 AM
I don't even find the shopping very good either.

I'll always look at a giant toblerones and those travel neck pillow things.

Always the 3 for 2 books in WH Smiths that gets me. And the crisps

pjlincs
09-20-2023, 09:43 AM

Porridge and coffee at Itsu in Stansted can pass the time ok at 6:00am.

WES
09-20-2023, 10:47 AM
Porridge and coffee at Itsu in Stansted can pass the time ok at 6:00am.

Surely you meant pints of Moretti and bacon sarnies there, p? :rubchin:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-20-2023, 12:21 PM

You used to be able to come here to get radio streams.

I remember one time being in a giant EasyInternet cafe in the 'Dam. Only time I ever used one of those. Hundreds of PCs with headphones.

I also listened to our 5-1 win at the San Siro vs Inter in St Martin in the French West Indies, so it would have been around 4-5pm.

{My French mate from there, who had a Manc gf, had come over to visit some weeks previously and I took him to the home leg. We lost 3-0 and afterwards the cünt said "That's good. I support Utd in the EPL." Wouldn't have taken him had I known.}

Anyway, we won 5-1. It was a small shop with about 5 PCs. There were two young black schoolboys in their uniforms and me on headphones. I was nervy during the 2nd half, as we were only 2-1 up. Then we scored 3 in the last 5 mins. Each goal saw me get increasingly excited and I got told off by the white French lady owner for jumping up and shouting "Get the fück in" when the fourth or fifth went in.

I only used to lurk back then. Only posted when I wanted a radio stream.

But as there were so many posts, even during the night, my daily lurk could take 30-60 mins.

pjlincs
09-20-2023, 12:21 PM
Surely you meant pints of Moretti and bacon sarnies there, p? :rubchin:

'Spoons was crowded, nowhere to sit! And the demographic . . . . . . . . . . . .

WES
09-20-2023, 12:31 PM
'Spoons was crowded, nowhere to sit! And the demographic . . . . . . . . . . . .

I use Stansted only once a year, thankfully. For a golf trip with the lads to Portugal.

We can never get into Spoons but there's a much better place the other side, can't remember the name. Decent bacon and sausage sarnies and the demographic is much better.

pjlincs
09-20-2023, 02:48 PM
I use Stansted only once a year, thankfully. For a golf trip with the lads to Portugal.

We can never get into Spoons but there's a much better place the other side, can't remember the name. Decent bacon and sausage sarnies and the demographic is much better.

Back at Stansted for the third time this year in December, will check it out then :eat: but without the cutlery obvs.

pjlincs
09-20-2023, 03:07 PM

Just received feedback form from Stansted for most recent trip. What's the one thing we could do to improve the terminal experience? Fash says 'more seats'! What I said was create a marked walkway to the exits within which using your phone and/or stopping is banned!

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-21-2023, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE= I only used to lurk back then. Only posted when I wanted a radio stream.

But as there were so many posts, even during the night, my daily lurk could take 30-60 mins.[/QUOTE]

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-21-2023, 12:00 PM
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sounds believable.

I did always think you had the best name and avatar.

During the 2010-11 Ashes - the won Berni cursed us for - I went to the Sydney Morning Herald website for a bit of schadenfreude and found hundreds of England fans had beaten us to it. One particularly vocal poster had called himself Douglas Jardine.

By the time of the following {home} Ashes, the SMH had stopped us posting on the cricket pages.