PDA

View Full Version : RugbyWIMB. Last week, we had drop goals, which I've always loved.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-17-2023, 09:44 PM
This week, we had a headed assist.

We should try that more often. Kick it out to the wing and head it forward and infield for one of the centres.

PSRB
09-18-2023, 09:19 AM
That 1st half was infuriating, win the ball, kick the ball. Other than Freddie Steward we might as well just play forwards in the back line. 2nd half we started using the backs and looked so much better!!

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2023, 09:56 AM
That 1st half was infuriating, win the ball, kick the ball. Other than Freddie Steward we might as well just play forwards in the back line. 2nd half we started using the backs and looked so much better!!
I've just accepted we're awful and any win is a bonus

09-18-2023, 10:01 AM
I've just accepted we're awful and any win is a bonus

I've been doing that for almost 2 yrs.

But if we somehow qualify - as we should now - and the mighty Fijians qualify ahead of the Convicts, then job'sa good'un.

Aussies' next opponents should watch out for sandpaper imo.

Fi-ji, woa-oh.
Fi-ji, woa-oh.
They come from Pacific
They make the Aussies sick.
Fi-ji, woa-oh.
Fi-ji, woa-oh.

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2023, 11:01 AM
I've been doing that for almost 2 yrs.

But if we somehow qualify - as we should now - and the mighty Fijians qualify ahead of the Convicts, then job'sa good'un.

Aussies' next opponents should watch out for sandpaper imo.

Fi-ji, woa-oh.
Fi-ji, woa-oh.
They come from Pacific
They make the Aussies sick.
Fi-ji, woa-oh.
Fi-ji, woa-oh.

I actually wanted us to play Australia - just to shut Jones up (if that is possible)

09-19-2023, 03:14 PM
I actually wanted us to play Australia - just to shut Jones up (if that is possible)

I think most of us would take knocking the Aussies out as an acceptable WC. But them going out in the group stages as we did at our home WC would be a laugh.

It's just pathetic that they seeded it 3 years ago because they wanted to be able to sell the tickets straight away. I hate sports administrators.