PDA

View Full Version : Climate Change wimb

John Bunnell
09-05-2023, 08:16 AM
Not debating whether it's real or not... But the UK has seen some of the coldest, wettest July/Augusts on record. We are going to have 5 or so nice days in September and the BBC couldn't get anymore excited about telling us we are all going to die.

I particularly like the "well July might have been a bit wet BUT JUNE WAS SO HOT CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE" bit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66710496

Tired of it.

Pat Vegas
09-05-2023, 08:25 AM
Not debating whether it's real or not... But the UK has seen some of the coldest, wettest July/Augusts on record. We are going to have 5 or so nice days in September and the BBC couldn't get anymore excited about telling us we are all going to die.

I particularly like the "well July might have been a bit wet BUT JUNE WAS SO HOT CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE" bit

Tired of it.

It's the new covid.

PSRB
09-05-2023, 08:46 AM

Tired of it.

My birthday is in August and it rains more often than not. Nothing new.

Look at where at all these "super hot" temperatures are recorded, all airports or places where there is considerable expansion in building causing UHIE.

I'm all for looking after the planet but even if it did warm slightly (I actually think it'll go the other way), wouldn't that be nice? Cold kills far more than heat does.

Pat Vegas
09-05-2023, 08:59 AM
My birthday is in August and it rains more often than not. Nothing new.

Look at where at all these "super hot" temperatures are recorded, all airports or places where there is considerable expansion in building causing UHIE.

I'm all for looking after the planet but even if it did warm slightly (I actually think it'll go the other way), wouldn't that be nice? Cold kills far more than heat does.

I don't want to have an electric car PSRB :-(

PSRB
09-05-2023, 09:01 AM
I don't want to have an electric car PSRB :-(

I will never own one

Pat Vegas
09-05-2023, 09:04 AM
I will never own one

I still think they will go away at some point.

just use alternative fuels imo.

PSRB
09-05-2023, 09:11 AM
I still think they will go away at some point.

They weigh 2+ tons!! Rip through tyres and **** up the roads, not to mention the resources required to build and then dispose of them. Quite happy with the internal combustion engine

redgunamo
09-05-2023, 10:06 AM
Are you Matthieu Flamini :-| #WEF

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
09-05-2023, 11:16 AM
We can't have the unthinkable happen and have Antarctica melt and open up an entire new continent fit for life. No that would be terrible for some reason.

PSRB
09-05-2023, 11:23 AM
We can't have the unthinkable happen and have Antarctica melt and open up an entire new continent fit for life. No that would be terrible for some reason.

The only bit that's melting is under a belt of recently discovered volcanoes.

WES
09-05-2023, 11:31 AM
They weigh 2+ tons!! Rip through tyres and **** up the roads, not to mention the resources required to build and then dispose of them. Quite happy with the internal combustion engine

Message reported to Ears :hehe:

That's you f*cked for tickets for the next 10 seasons mate :-)

PSRB
09-05-2023, 11:51 AM
Message reported to Ears :hehe:

That's you f*cked for tickets for the next 10 seasons mate :-)

He knows how I feel.

My next door neighbour has just bought a 3 year old Tesla S and paid £38k for it!!

WES
09-05-2023, 12:03 PM
He knows how I feel.

My next door neighbour has just bought a 3 year old Tesla S and paid £38k for it!!

He's quite the Tesla enthusiast, isn't he? Musk's marketing department should be paying him by the letter for all those Linkedin posts of his.

:hehe:

PSRB
09-05-2023, 12:05 PM
He's quite the Tesla enthusiast, isn't he? Musk's marketing department should be paying him by the letter for all those Linkedin posts of his.

:hehe:

Indeed. I must admit "IF" I had to get an electric car, it would be a Tesla.....or the Audi RS one

IUFG
09-05-2023, 01:19 PM
It's the new covid.

Just like acid rain...

IUFG
09-05-2023, 01:20 PM
HMy next door neighbour has just bought a 3 year old Tesla S and paid £38k for it!!

Did you call him a sanctimonious cvnt, P?

PSRB
09-05-2023, 01:58 PM
Just like acid rain...

Quite and every other world ending prophecy that has failed to live up to it's billing.

PSRB
09-05-2023, 02:01 PM
Did you call him a sanctimonious cvnt, P?

In a round about manner, yes but he's quite a nice chap for a lycralist and EV chap. He's already admitted that the Tesla software is verging on dangerous

IUFG
09-05-2023, 02:41 PM
In a round about manner, yes but he's quite a nice chap for a lycralist and EV chap.

I have neighbours with 2 electric cars.

When I brought my current car home for the first time, they asked "Is it the electric one?". They got a steely stare for a few seconds before a "of course not".

One of them is also on the Parish Council. :shudder:

IUFG
09-05-2023, 03:05 PM
He's already admitted that the Tesla software is verging on dangerous

Well, the latest Volkswagen group infotainment system software has been absolutely shocking tbh

PSRB
09-05-2023, 03:14 PM
Well, the latest Volkswagen group infotainment system software has been absolutely shocking tbh

The Tesla keeps randomly breaking when someone goes to overtake him :hehe:

IUFG
09-05-2023, 03:18 PM
The Tesla keeps randomly breaking when someone goes to overtake him :hehe:

Wow! That is ****.

I can live with navigation systems being wrong, safety features going haywire, the car telling me off for things I'm not doing and the emergency services randomly being called; but that...

Pat Vegas
09-05-2023, 04:02 PM
In a round about manner, yes but he's quite a nice chap for a lycralist and EV chap. He's already admitted that the Tesla software is verging on dangerous

I prefer less tech now. I had so many gadgets on the Mercedes it was annoying. car going mental with the active lane assist on. Especially on the M25 where there are so many random lines everywhere it confuses the sh..... sheer life out of it.

or when it would slam on the breaks when someone opened a car door ahead.