PDA

View Full Version : Doesn’t it just warm the soul to see United tearing themselves apart after 4 games 😁

7sisters
09-04-2023, 10:45 AM
Absolutely marvellous stuff. I’m almost grateful to City & Klopp for snatching away their implacable sense of invincibility in their own back yard.
Witnessing Ferguson perform doughnuts in his tanks all over the Emirates for years was a truly painful experience.
That consoling arm around Wenger’s broken being after administering another defeat is not an image I’ll forget in a long time.
Recent results have finally turned that tide of impending doom whenever we face them.
These are happy days 👍

IUFG
09-04-2023, 01:31 PM
That consoling arm around Wenger’s broken being after administering another defeat is not an image I’ll forget in a long time.

here you go

https://e0.365dm.com/16/09/1600x900/sir-alex-ferguson-arsene-wenger-manchester-united-arsenal_3790119.jpg?20170911130824

That said, the Mike Riley-doped era Manchester United really were a sickening bunch of cheats.

It's lovely to see their fans on social media and their manager complaining of being cheated yesterday :hehe:

IUFG
09-04-2023, 01:32 PM
That said, the Mike Riley-doped era Manchester United really were a sickening bunch of cheats.

I know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

Peter
09-04-2023, 01:43 PM
I know...

Would VAR really have intervened in many of the incidents? They would have to send Van Nistelrooy off for the studs on Cole and you'd think they would have overturned the penalty but.... :-)

The rest of the game would happen exactly the way it did.

IUFG
09-04-2023, 01:56 PM
Would VAR really have intervened in many of the incidents? They would have tosend Van Nistelrooy off for the studs on Cole and you'd think they would have overturned the penalty but.... :-)

The rest of the game would happen exactly the way it did.

a red card for horseface and not facing a penalty (that he went on to score) are pretty large contributors to an alternative outcome in this match, P.

Agreed, the ref would still not have acted on the Ferdinand DOGSO, the rotational fouling of Reyes (RIP) and G Neville's teflon-like ability to avoid a caution would still happen.

WES
09-04-2023, 02:04 PM
I know...

Point of order here, IUFG - I think you're meant to do that only when SOMEONE ELSE mentions the weak-chinned, Munich-loving, utter **** of a cheat.

Peter
09-04-2023, 02:06 PM
a red card for horseface and not facing a penalty (that he went on to score) are pretty large contributors to an alternative outcome in this match, P.

Agreed, the ref would still not have acted on the Ferdinand DOGSO, the rotational fouling of Reyes (RIP) and G Neville's teflon-like ability to avoid a caution would still happen.

You have to assume that horseface wouldn't have done what he did, it is too obvious. I am not 100% sure the penalty gets overturned....

WES
09-04-2023, 02:07 PM

For those of us who are :old: and with fading memories, wasn't the horse faced c*nt non-red card in the 1st half?

IUFG
09-04-2023, 02:09 PM
Point of order here, IUFG - I think you're meant to do that only when SOMEONE ELSE mentions the weak-chinned, Munich-loving, utter **** of a cheat.

fair enough and a gpwm, WES.

A late win against them and yet, 20 years on, I go back to this. I should get some help really...

Peter
09-04-2023, 02:11 PM
For those of us who are :old: and with fading memories, wasn't the horse faced c*nt non-red card in the 1st half?

Yes, it was. The linesman would have given it but he was almost two yards away and staring right at it so unfortunately he missed it. He did give the throw in though :-)

IUFG
09-04-2023, 02:13 PM

Yes.

Just a shame that the lino had something in his eye when it happened.

Peter
09-04-2023, 02:13 PM
fair enough and a gpwm, WES.

A late win against them and yet, 20 years on, I go back to this. I should get some help really...

It is one of those things that must never be forgotten. Future generations need to learn about it in history class alongside other tragic moments like the Second World War, and when Sting did that album in a geordie accent.

IUFG
09-04-2023, 02:14 PM
and when Sting did that album in a geordie accent.

why have I, thankfully, never come across this atrocity?

WES
09-04-2023, 02:17 PM
Yes.

Just a shame that the lino had something in his eye when it happened.

At one point they showed the tackle from behind the lino - you could see him visibly begin moving his hands out to give a foul and then he stopped and put them back.

It was a 'just realised where I am and who is playing' moment.

Utter c*nt.

WES
09-04-2023, 02:19 PM
It is one of those things that must never be forgotten. Future generations need to learn about it in history class alongside other tragic moments like the Second World War, and when Sting did that album in a geordie accent.

Just found it on youtube and it is either 22min or 32min (the time is a bit blurred).

So two blatant red card offences not given in the 1st half, either of which would have meant that at the very least we didn't lose.

Still, I've put it behind me and never think of it at all because I'm a well-adjust, mature, adult male. :-(

Peter
09-04-2023, 02:24 PM
why have I, thankfully, never come across this atrocity?

I think it sold about as well as you might expect :-)

The Last Ship, I think it was called.

IUFG
09-04-2023, 02:30 PM
At one point they showed the tackle from behind the lino - you could see him visibly begin moving his hands out to give a foul and then he stopped and put them back.

It was a 'just realised where I am and who is playing' moment.

Utter c*nt.

:nod: Riley and his lino left it to a retrospective 3-game ban for the horsefaced ****.

Pat Vegas
09-07-2023, 11:15 AM
I am very much enjoying their off the field drama :cloud9:

PSRB
09-07-2023, 12:51 PM
I am very much enjoying their off the field drama :cloud9:

https://twitter.com/UtdDistrict/status/1699738708730126398 still going well for United. Currently, if they fell in a barrel of boobs they'd come out sucking their thumb - Thank you Ian Holloway for that line.

Luis Anaconda
09-07-2023, 01:04 PM
https://twitter.com/UtdDistrict/status/1699738708730126398 still going well for United. Currently, if they fell in a barrel of boobs they'd come out sucking their thumb - Thank you Ian Holloway for that line.

I'd be very sad if they lost Anthony though - he truly is useless