PDA

View Full Version : Who we getting in the CL draw?

PSRB
08-31-2023, 09:54 AM
Surely Bayern with Kane going there.

Pat Vegas
08-31-2023, 10:10 AM

I can't wait for the CL to start.

With a reasonable bit of fortune here and there I think we can do very well. Though depending on if Arteta has decided to come up with some experiemental European formation for it.

PSRB
08-31-2023, 10:38 AM

With a reasonable bit of fortune here and there I think we can do very well. Though depending on if Arteta has decided to come up with some experiemental European formation for it.

3 teams I worry about - Bayern, City and Real

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-31-2023, 11:03 AM

We genuinely have more teams to worry about beating us in the league cup. The CL these days is an overrated pile of wnak. Only Madrid and Bayern look like proper teams. The Prem is a super league now. All of the top 6 would fancy their chances of winning the CL. Let's be honest, only another Prem team can really stop them.

Luis Anaconda
08-31-2023, 11:23 AM

Quite happy with Bayern - can't defend for one thing so there will be goals

Peter
08-31-2023, 12:00 PM
Really don't want Bayern. They piss me off. Happy to play any of the others.

Peter
08-31-2023, 12:01 PM
We genuinely have more teams to worry about beating us in the league cup. The CL these days is an overrated pile of wnak. Only Madrid and Bayern look like proper teams. The Prem is a super league now. All of the top 6 would fancy their chances of winning the CL. Let's be honest, only another Prem team can really stop them.

I can't say I have missed the competition one bit while we have been away.

PSRB
08-31-2023, 12:05 PM
I can't say I have missed the competition one bit while we have been away.

I liked the fact that I always thought we could genuinely win the EL...and should of, twice.

Rich
08-31-2023, 12:11 PM

We will find out after the draw which begins at 17:00.

Hope this helps.

Peter
08-31-2023, 12:18 PM
I liked the fact that I always thought we could genuinely win the EL...and should of, twice.

Agreed! I suppose our performance in the CL really put me off. The group stage is a bit boring and then we got booted out in the first knock out round for about 7 years in a row.

I know why it is important to be in it but there is a lot about that competition that I don't really like. Including Barca and Bayern.

WES
08-31-2023, 01:37 PM
Agreed! I suppose our performance in the CL really put me off. The group stage is a bit boring and then we got booted out in the first knock out round for about 7 years in a row.

I know why it is important to be in it but there is a lot about that competition that I don't really like. Including Barca and Bayern.

Stop being so miserable, Peter (an utterly pointless request, I accept)

I was there when Arshavin stuck the second one away and we beat Barca 2-1.

Glory dayz, and quite the night :cloud9:

IUFG
08-31-2023, 02:05 PM
3 teams I worry about - Bayern, City and Real

I'd go along with that, P :thumbup:

IUFG
08-31-2023, 02:06 PM

Bring the noise :nod:

Peter
08-31-2023, 03:06 PM
Stop being so miserable, Peter (an utterly pointless request, I accept)

I was there when Arshavin stuck the second one away and we beat Barca 2-1.

Remember the second leg and what happened when we levelled on the night?

I have never forgiven them for that!

PSRB
08-31-2023, 03:20 PM

:furious: Forever shafted in that stupid competition.

WES
08-31-2023, 03:26 PM

Forgiven who, Peter? UEFA? The ref? Barca? The football gods?

That ref should have been banned from football for life for that. Having said that, they were absolutely murdering us that night and even before the red card I couldn't see us going through.

They were awfully good back then, sadly.

Peter
08-31-2023, 03:58 PM
Forgiven who, Peter? UEFA? The ref? Barca? The football gods?

That ref should have been banned from football for life for that. Having said that, they were absolutely murdering us that night and even before the red card I couldn't see us going through.

They were awfully good back then, sadly.

All of them, WES. Barca for knowing exactly how and when to work the ref, the ref for being such a coward, UEFA for just about everything they have ever done.

They are all on my list, for life :-)

Pat Vegas
08-31-2023, 04:19 PM
God watching this draw is boring.

How long can you string out pulling some balls out of bowls.

IUFG
08-31-2023, 04:30 PM
God watching this draw is boring.

How long can you string out pulling some balls out of bowls.

Quite.

Sevilla. Not the worst from pot A

redgunamo
08-31-2023, 04:52 PM
The whole thing is FIXED! CORRUPTION!

Well done, Edu.

Quite.

Sevilla. Not the worst from pot A

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-31-2023, 05:18 PM

Please don't say that. One year, at Highbury, for the first CL game of the season, my brother said he'd really loved the music and them waving the football carpet thing in the centre circle.

Then many years later, at the new gaff, he said that the group stages bored him. 2-3 years later, we were out.

I shall not be taking it for granted and am looking forward to it.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
09-01-2023, 07:48 AM
I didn't bother to watch the draw but I see it went how it usually goes. We got two shiit teams and one sorta name team. As group stage draws goes that looks about as easy as it could be.

Sir C
09-01-2023, 10:14 AM
I didn't bother to watch the draw but I see it went how it usually goes. We got two shiit teams and one sorta name team. As group stage draws goes that looks about as easy as it could be.

We went out once to PSV. That big lad scored from a free kick, and at one point in the second half the bloke behind me screamed, "Phuck off Henry, what have you ever done?"

I don't miss going to football :-)

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
09-01-2023, 10:53 AM
We went out once to PSV. That big lad scored from a free kick, and at one point in the second half the bloke behind me screamed, "Phuck off Henry, what have you ever done?"

I don't miss going to football :-)

That was a weird one. Where Henry had a falling out with Wenger and was then out 'injured' for months, mysteriously had a comeback for this game and then out injured again. Meanwhile Togo was raping the league. Terrence was sold not long after.