PDA

View Full Version : I do hope this ESR to Chelsea

PSRB
08-29-2023, 11:20 AM
stuff, is just usual transfer nonsense.

I don't want him to leave as I still think he has plenty to offer and I certainly don't want him going to Chelsea!

Pat Vegas
08-29-2023, 11:27 AM

I don't want him to leave as I still think he has plenty to offer and I certainly don't want him going to Chelsea!

I can't see where he would fit in at the moment but I'd like to keep him. PL loan would be good (not to Chelsea)

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-29-2023, 11:35 AM
He has to leave. He's a phenomenal player. Better than Grealish on his day but the manager isn't even going to use him as a sub half the time. He's wasting his career here. Would be gut wrenching to see him in a Chelsea shirt though.

WES
08-29-2023, 12:10 PM

I'd be willing to bet serious money it's garbage. If we don't have room for him in the team this year we'd loan him out somewhere.

Selling to Chelsea would be insane. Not happening imo.

Peter
08-29-2023, 12:15 PM
I'd be willing to bet serious money it's garbage. If we don't have room for him in the team this year we'd loan him out somewhere.

Selling to Chelsea would be insane. Not happening imo.

I kind of agree, but the fact remains he has slipped well down the list in Arteta's eyes. No idea why. As much as we wont want to sell to Chelsea, if we have no intention of using him and are open to selling, we might do it.

I think we may have overspent a tiny bit :-(

If it was a choice between selling him or Gabriel, I'd sell him.

PSRB
08-29-2023, 12:46 PM
I kind of agree, but the fact remains he has slipped well down the list in Arteta's eyes. No idea why. As much as we wont want to sell to Chelsea, if we have no intention of using him and are open to selling, we might do it.

I think we may have overspent a tiny bit :-(

If it was a choice between selling him or Gabriel, I'd sell him.

Looks like Balogun has gone (but with a buy back clause :-) ) for €45m

I can see Cedric, Holding & Tavares all going.

Luis Anaconda
08-29-2023, 12:47 PM

Decent business that

PSRB
08-29-2023, 12:50 PM
Decent business that

:nod: Not bad at all based on 1 decent season in Ligue 1

Peter
08-29-2023, 01:14 PM

That would be good. I like Rob Holding but he definitely struggles against the better sides. Bit surprised more PL sides haven't come in for him. For 5 or 6 million he would be a great buy for a bottom half side.

WES
08-29-2023, 01:16 PM
That would be good. I like Rob Holding but he definitely struggles against the better sides. Bit surprised more PL sides haven't come in for me. For 5 or 6 million he would be a great buy for a bottom half side.

You think you could do a job in the PL Peter?

Wow, your body shape must have changed quite a bit from all those years ago I met you in the Woodbine. :-)

Peter
08-29-2023, 01:35 PM
You think you could do a job in the PL Peter?

Wow, your body shape must have changed quite a bit from all those years ago I met you in the Woodbine. :-)

It has actually :-)

But I'm old now. When you add that to being pretty **** at football it isn't overly surprising that I am not the subject of 'advanced talks' :-)

7sisters
08-29-2023, 01:45 PM

He went into a steep, pecking order decline more or less from the time we signed Odegaard iirc. The injuries haven’t helped but he looked razor sharp pre season. Arteta doesn’t seem to fancy him but it’s difficult to square the circle of benching him while lobbing out 65m for Havertz at this stage.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-29-2023, 01:47 PM
It has actually :-)

But I'm old now. When you add that to being pretty **** at football it isn't overly surprising that I am not the subject of 'advanced talks' :-)

Token "the GLW could have done better than Williant or Pépé" comment.

Luis Anaconda
08-29-2023, 02:04 PM
He went into a steep, pecking order decline more or less from the time we signed Odegaard iirc. The injuries haven’t helped but he looked razor sharp pre season. Arteta doesn’t seem to fancy him but it’s difficult to square the circle of benching him while lobbing out 65m for Havertz at this stage.

Not really - he played his best season (33 games, 10 goals) alongside Odegaard so definitely nothing to do with him. He was unfortunate the his fitness problems probably coincided with Martilnelli nailing down the left wing role

7sisters
08-29-2023, 02:11 PM
Not really - he played his best season (33 games, 10 goals) alongside Odegaard so definitely nothing to do with him. He was unfortunate the his fitness problems probably coincided with Martilnelli nailing down the left wing role

You’re probably right with the left winger aspect, although ESR could adapt to other roles in midfield. Vieira came off the bench to showcase his talent to full effect in the second half which won’t have made ESR’s life any easier .
Loan spell to Palace imo

PSRB
08-29-2023, 02:21 PM

I'd play him a similar position to Havertz. Give the German lad a match off

Peter
08-29-2023, 02:46 PM

Havertz has looked extremely low on confidence since (and including) the Community Shield. I would withdraw him for now. I think it could be a while before we see the best of him.

IUFG
08-29-2023, 02:53 PM

I'd give him several off, tbf.

PSRB
08-29-2023, 02:55 PM
I'd give him several off, tbf.

I'd certainly pull him out of the PL team, just play him in the Couldn'tcare Cup

IUFG
08-29-2023, 02:56 PM
I'd certainly pull him out of the PL team, just play him in the Couldn'tcare Cup

He was pretty **** on Saturday. Still, he wasn't alone in that respect.

PSRB
08-29-2023, 03:26 PM
He was pretty **** on Saturday. Still, he wasn't alone in that respect.

I'll be honest, not seen any of it or highlights. Just going on what I've read and heard.

Luis Anaconda
08-29-2023, 04:08 PM
You’re probably right with the left winger aspect, although ESR could adapt to other roles in midfield. Vieira came off the bench to showcase his talent to full effect in the second half which won’t have made ESR’s life any easier .
Loan spell to Palace imo

Wouldn't mind him trying to fit into that Fulham midfield

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-30-2023, 10:21 AM

Yup. ESR played no.10 on Boxing Day as a last throw of the dice and we won. Gabby also played well and both did for the next few games.

We then got Ødin on loan and ESR moved wide - leading to what I thought was a rather decent headline from the other bod on Arseblog - the answer, my friends, was Smith Rowe on the wings.

The joke is that now we at last get a system that allows ESR, MØ and GM to all play together - a W-M with a top DM forming a double pivot with the inverted FB - he now has Fabio and Kai ahead of him. I really hope Kai doesn't join the list of Chelski failures. I like Jorgy - great buy for that price.

Maybe it will just take a while for KH to learn to play our system with our players.

WES
08-30-2023, 11:59 AM
Yup. ESR played no.10 on Boxing Day as a last throw of the dice and we won. Gabby also played well and both did for the next few games.

We then got Ødin on loan and ESR moved wide - leading to what I thought was a rather decent headline from the other bod on Arseblog - the answer, my friends, was Smith Rowe on the wings.

The joke is that now we at last get a system that allows ESR, MØ and GM to all play together - a W-M with a top DM forming a double pivot with the inverted FB - he now has Fabio and Kai ahead of him. I really hope Kai doesn't join the list of Chelski failures. I like Jorgy - great buy for that price.

Maybe it will just take a while for KH to learn to play our system with our players.

Amazing how good the players who aren't in the team are some times eh GG. :hehe:

You lot are giving Gabriel too much credit. A good CB no doubt, but he's had his share of calamities and he was absolutely raped by Haaland at the Emirates last year. Saliba, in contrast, had him in his pocket although admittedly it was the CS.

Not sure how anyone can complain too much about White being selected over Gabriel, there's not much in it and personally I prefer White. With Zinny not fit and Arteta wanting a midfielder at FB, Partey moving there and White going inside makes sense. As some have pointed out, when Zinny is fit I fully expect him to be back in the team and White to move to RB with Gabriel recalled.

Much ado about nowt imo

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-30-2023, 12:22 PM
Amazing how good the players who aren't in the team are some times eh GG. :hehe:

You lot are giving Gabriel too much credit. A good CB no doubt, but he's had his share of calamities and he was absolutely raped by Haaland at the Emirates last year. Saliba, in contrast, had him in his pocket although admittedly it was the CS.

Not sure how anyone can complain too much about White being selected over Gabriel, there's not much in it and personally I prefer White. With Zinny not fit and Arteta wanting a midfielder at FB, Partey moving there and White going inside makes sense. As some have pointed out, when Zinny is fit I fully expect him to be back in the team and White to move to RB with Gabriel recalled.

Much ado about nowt imo

We've all seen White at CB already in his first season for us. He's not even close to the level of Big Gabby played there. People seem to forget how we conceded more that season than the previous one when David Luiz was played there. Personally i don't think he's a better right back than Tomiyasu either but, with the system we do play with the rb tucking into midfield and playing as an extra midfielder he is the best player we have for that. Why Arteta is fcuking about with this is beyond me.

WES
08-30-2023, 12:46 PM
We've all seen White at CB already in his first season for us. He's not even close to the level of Big Gabby played there. People seem to forget how we conceded more that season than the previous one when David Luiz was played there. Personally i don't think he's a better right back than Tomiyasu either but, with the system we do play with the rb tucking into midfield and playing as an extra midfielder he is the best player we have for that. Why Arteta is fcuking about with this is beyond me.

This is nonsense, I'm afraid, AAR. Watch the City game again, he looked terrified and out of his depth.

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2023, 12:55 PM
This is nonsense, I'm afraid, AAR. Watch the City game again, he looked terrified and out of his depth.

:hehe: Absolute nonsense WES. Well done

WES
08-30-2023, 01:02 PM
:hehe: Absolute nonsense WES. Well done

He was very, very lucky not to be sent off, Luis. Haaland tore him apart. One game however.

As I said, he's a good player. It's the idea that he's miles better than White that I object to.

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2023, 01:37 PM
He was very, very lucky not to be sent off, Luis. Haaland tore him apart. One game however.

As I said, he's a good player. It's the idea that he's miles better than White that I object to.
The latter point is valid, I agree (more that I rate White very highly though, than dislike Gabriel). Not so sure about the first - I recall worse performances that night, but, ahem, my memory may be a bit hazy

7sisters
08-30-2023, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=WES;4272620]Amazing how good the players who aren't in the team are some times eh GG. :hehe:

And to throw in a curveball on that basis.
Trusty looked farkin immense at CB in the pre season friendly Vs MLS all stars. The lad didn’t put a foot wrong.

We’ve just flogged him to Sheffield for 5M :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2023, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=WES;4272620]Amazing how good the players who aren't in the team are some times eh GG. :hehe:

Trusty looked farkin immense at CB in the pre season friendly Vs MLS all stars. The lad didn’t put a foot wrong.

And not played a game for them yet

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-30-2023, 02:22 PM

That’s always been Arteta’s biggest weakness. He likes to hoard players in positions where we’re stacked to begin with thus destroying their value. See Pepe. We can’t even give him away now. Even though there’s still a half decent player in there.