PDA

View Full Version : why do players put the ball on the very outside edge when taking a corner

Pat Vegas
08-22-2023, 10:11 AM
I can't see how that really helps in anyway.

I know on occassion when there is a corner on opposite side to the linesman it's often not touching.
Could a goal be ruled out by VAR if that was the case?

PSRB
08-22-2023, 12:17 PM

I know on occassion when there is a corner on opposite side to the linesman it's often not touching.

I don't see the point either.

No, as the linesman/ref should spot it, same as a free kick taken in the wrong place.

Pat Vegas
08-22-2023, 12:20 PM
I don't see the point either.

No, as the linesman/ref should spot it, same as a free kick taken in the wrong place.

That being said I have the impression we are crap from corners but scored the most from corners last season in the league :rubchin:

PSRB
08-22-2023, 12:25 PM
That being said I have the impression we are crap from corners but scored the most from corners last season in the league :rubchin:

Thought the delivery was generally very good last night, both teams defended corners well. Did well to catch them napping for the free kick. No way did Partey do enough for that to be a foul, no matter what Woy thinks

WES
08-22-2023, 01:01 PM
Thought the delivery was generally very good last night, both teams defended corners well. Did well to catch them napping for the free kick. No way did Partey do enough for that to be a foul, no matter what Woy thinks

:nod:

Player meant to be picking up Eddie got caught napping, was two steps behind, felt a bit of contact with Partey and threw himself to the ground.

Carragher was clear that Tomi's was a clear second yellow and red. I hate the Scouse c@nt.

PSRB
08-22-2023, 01:04 PM
:nod:

Player meant to be picking up Eddie got caught napping, was two steps behind, felt a bit of contact with Partey and threw himself to the ground.

Carragher was clear that Tomi's was a clear second yellow and red. I hate the Scouse c@nt.

Neville said there was a tug as well, clearly wasn't. No mention of Ayew not getting a 2nd yellow for pulling Saka down as he turned him

Peter
08-22-2023, 01:10 PM
To me it was a simple error. If it had been a foul, it was a clear second yellow. Unfortunately, he didn't touch him but you can at least see where the ref was coming from.

I think sending off Ayew would have been very harsh.

PSRB
08-22-2023, 01:16 PM
To me it was a simple error. If it had been a foul, it was a clear second yellow. Unfortunately, he didn't touch him but you can at least see where the ref was coming from.

I think sending off Ayew would have been very harsh.

Agreed but it was more of a yellow than Tomi's

Sir C
08-22-2023, 01:30 PM

The ball doesn't need to be touching the line, f. So long as its fat gut is over the line by a gnat's cock, it's in. Whole of the ball, whole of the line.

PSRB
08-22-2023, 02:19 PM
The ball doesn't need to be touching the line, f. So long as its fat gut is over the line by a gnat's cock, it's in. Whole of the ball, whole of the line.

Can't remember who but one our chaps pushed the ball down the line and the lino clearly guessed that the ball went out as no way he could have seen as player obstructed his view. The ball was clearly still in play

Chief Arrowhead
08-22-2023, 03:17 PM
Neville said there was a tug as well, clearly wasn't. No mention of Ayew not getting a 2nd yellow for pulling Saka down as he turned him

I'm still trying to figure out how you can tug on a jersey with the back of your hand.