PDA

View Full Version : I just cannot get in to the girlie World Cup, I’m afraid

7sisters
07-31-2023, 01:00 PM
I do watch the odd Arsenal ladies game on the box but anything beyond fires the imagination about as much as dragging myself along to a Ryman league fixture.

Luis Anaconda
07-31-2023, 01:06 PM
I do watch the odd Arsenal ladies game on the box but anything beyond fires the imagination about as much as dragging myself along to a Ryman league fixture.

Watched a bit of it - standard is definitely better but not helped by the silly kick off times. Does the Ryman league still exist?

Pat Vegas
07-31-2023, 01:21 PM

I feel the same with the Soprano's I never watched it when it was on. and tried to watch it on sky.
Not for me clive.

Twin peaks also I have tried to watch 3 times and always give up when it goes all weird.

pjlincs
07-31-2023, 03:18 PM
Theo Thingy from Dragons Den owned Ryman, sponsored the Isthmian (amateur) League for a couple of decades plus their ancillary competitions. Has had several sponsors since he withdrew. First sponsors were Rothmans. They used to produce a thick blue football year book too.

Isthmian League has a team called Hashtag United in it :confused:

Luis Anaconda
07-31-2023, 03:38 PM
Theo Thingy from Dragons Den owned Ryman, sponsored the Isthmian (amateur) League for a couple of decades plus their ancillary competitions. Has had several sponsors since he withdrew. First sponsors were Rothmans. They used to produce a thick blue football year book too.

Isthmian League has a team called Hashtag United in it :confused:

Good knowledge p. Used to get the Rothmans book every year - full stats :cool:

Luis Anaconda
07-31-2023, 03:39 PM
I feel the same with the Soprano's I never watched it when it was on. and tried to watch it on sky.
Not for me clive.

Twin peaks also I have tried to watch 3 times and always give up when it goes all weird.

I couldn't get on with either of them, too. Although I might give Sopranos another chance

7sisters
07-31-2023, 04:15 PM
Not for me clive.

Message reported to Jorge.
Hasn’t he watch twin peaks about 47 times ?

Pat Vegas
08-01-2023, 07:56 AM

That explains everything.

Luis Anaconda
08-01-2023, 08:28 AM

:hehe: Good memory 7 - he is a bit a Lynch obsessive yes

Sir C
08-01-2023, 08:36 AM
:hehe: Good memory 7 - he is a bit a Lynch obsessive yes

:hehe: It's years and years since I had any sightings of him; is he still doing his angry 5th form communist schtick?

7sisters
08-01-2023, 09:29 AM
:hehe: It's years and years since I had any sightings of him; is he still doing his angry 5th form communist schtick?

Very much so. His Twitter feed is just an endless stream of anti Tory invective. Come the glorious day and all that.. 😁

Sir C
08-01-2023, 09:37 AM
Very much so. His Twitter feed is just an endless stream of anti Tory invective. Come the glorious day and all that.. ��

I wondered whether he might have grown up - he must be in his fifties by now, ffs!

Pat Vegas
08-01-2023, 11:20 AM
I wondered whether he might have grown up - he must be in his fifties by now, ffs!

I've tried to grow up.
seems to be working

7sisters
08-01-2023, 11:53 AM
I've tried to grow up.
seems to be working

Life tends to do that to people,F. Not so much the embittered mind; they seem to while away the years sucking on lemons.

Pat Vegas
08-01-2023, 01:08 PM
Life tends to do that to people,F. Not so much the embittered mind; they seem to while away the years sucking on lemons.

I just don’t have the energy for it. I can’t understand people getting so outraged over everything or a particular cause.

I was even quite ‘meh’ when it looked like we were going to win the league.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-01-2023, 06:19 PM

And what the fcuk is wrong with living in a better world, where 99% of the people are left picking turnips for a living after Jeorge and the boys liquidated several million of the population? Tis always funny that about the mastercard Marxists types. They always envisage themselves after the great revolution signing bits of paper and such in an administrator role. The actually working class roles? Well, by heavens. That's clearly not for us. That's for the scum of society to work out.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-01-2023, 06:26 PM
And what the fcuk is wrong with living in a better world, where 99% of the people are left picking turnips for a living after Jeorge and the boys liquidated several million of the population? Tis always funny that about the mastercard Marxists types. They always envisage themselves after the great revolution signing bits of paper and such in an administrator role. The actually working class roles? Well, by heavens. That's clearly not for us. That's for the scum of society to work out.

Obviously. When I wanted to join the KGB as a teen in the '80s, I envisioned myself inspiring the proles with my revolutionary poetry. It wouldn't be me working down the salt mine.

In 1984 terms, I'd have expected to be an outer-party bureaucrat at the very least, hopefully working my way up to inner-party when they realised what a great poet I was.

I never assumed the dictatorship of the proletariat to mean the they were in charge. It would have been chaps like me dictatorshipping them, for their own benefit, obviously.