PDA

View Full Version : Rice or not. we are really

Pat Vegas
06-22-2023, 04:02 PM
f**king bad at transfers.

I know ours tend to get highlighted in the press quite a bit more but we are bloody awful.

redgunamo
06-22-2023, 04:21 PM
Oh, well. At least we DID get the big one. :cloud9: :notforsale:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7233780/alan-smith-rejects-manchester-united-for-arsenal/

I know ours tend to get highlighted in the press quite a bit more but we are bloody awful.

PSRB
06-23-2023, 08:38 AM

We just aren't. We simply cannot compete with state owned clubs (or clubs operated by an idiot). We cannot simply hand over huge amounts of money in 1 or 2 instalments & we won't pay £350k per week (at least not currently) or offer God knows what other non-taxable benefits.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2023, 08:50 AM

We're not though- we just have a pathetically high number of baby fans who cry on Twitter every day about this that and the other. Where do you think Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Odegaard, Martinelli, Jorginho, Troddard, Kiwi, Tomyasu etc came from, P? The ****ing magic transfer fairy?

Also compare the way we got Havertz done quickly do how United are doing with Mount. Not much made of that

John Bunnell
06-23-2023, 08:57 AM

I don't think we are tbh. Not now. We was awful... But I think the signings in the last two windows have been smart. We lost Mudryk, he hasn't done nothing at Chelsea. Trossard came in and is now arguably a first choicer imo.

Honestly don't give a rats arse if we land Rice. He's never a 100m player and I don't care for the "that's just the market these days argument."

If he really wants to come to Arsenal, West Ham will have to conceed something on the fee. If he ends up going to City because the oil c*nts will overpay him. Bye. Onto the next. Honestly don't think he's worth the hissy fits Arsenal fans are having over the saga.

PSRB
06-23-2023, 08:58 AM
We're not though- we just have a pathetically high number of baby fans who cry on Twitter every day about this that and the other. Where do you think Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Odegaard, Martinelli, Jorginho, Troddard, Kiwi, Tomyasu etc came from, P? The ****ing magic transfer fairy?

Also compare the way we got Havertz done quickly do how United are doing with Mount. Not much made of that

Quite, and as Shaktar did with Mudryk, West Ham are (quite rightly, imo) pushing for a bidding war for their star player. We may well lose out on Rice but that's on Rice and his team more than Arsenal

Sir C
06-23-2023, 09:07 AM

Perhaps we should spend some ****ing money?

Sir C
06-23-2023, 09:08 AM

What's your view of this Havertz chap, la?

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2023, 09:26 AM
What's your view of this Havertz chap, la?

I was worried when he went to Chelsea having seen a lot of him over here, but he has never fulfilled that potential. Going to be interesting to see where he fits in but definitely very talented

PSRB
06-23-2023, 09:28 AM
I was worried when he went to Chelsea having seen a lot of him over here, but he has never fulfilled that potential. Going to be interesting to see where he fits in but definitely very talented

I'd never appreciated that he's 6'4"

Pat Vegas
06-23-2023, 09:36 AM
Perhaps we should spend some ****ing money?

We spend loads but not wisely.
I don't agree that we are not able to 'compete' Kroenke has spent loads.

Sir C
06-23-2023, 09:37 AM
I'd never appreciated that he's 6'4"

Is he a big centre forward type iyo?

PSRB
06-23-2023, 09:42 AM

No, not really. More of a "great feet, for a big man" type. There's definitely a very good player in there and do think he'll suit our style far more than Chelsea's

PSRB
06-23-2023, 09:44 AM
We spend loads but not wisely.
I don't agree that we are not able to 'compete' Kroenke has spent loads.

Not wisely? We just finished 2nd and have massively improved.

Pat Vegas
06-23-2023, 10:00 AM
Not wisely? We just finished 2nd and have massively improved.

before that though I mean. Where we give players away/pay for people to take them off our hands.

I will wait until this season to see if last one was a accident or part of a bigger plan to improve.

redgunamo
06-23-2023, 12:43 PM
Na, endlich. Hurra!

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
06-23-2023, 03:38 PM
So far this window is an A for me. The most important business to do was get Saka and Saliba signed up long term. Well Saka is in the bag and the other fella is heavily rummered to have agreed to do the same. Note* i'm not including losing either of Partey or Xhaha. That A rating will soon change if we lose one of our linchpins.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
06-23-2023, 03:41 PM
I don't think we are tbh. Not now. We was awful... But I think the signings in the last two windows have been smart. We lost Mudryk, he hasn't done nothing at Chelsea. Trossard came in and is now arguably a first choicer imo.

Honestly don't give a rats arse if we land Rice. He's never a 100m player and I don't care for the "that's just the market these days argument."

If he really wants to come to Arsenal, West Ham will have to conceed something on the fee. If he ends up going to City because the oil c*nts will overpay him. Bye. Onto the next. Honestly don't think he's worth the hissy fits Arsenal fans are having over the saga.

There is zero argument to be made that he had performed better last season than Partey. So a lot of Rice's fee is down to the English tax and the bonus of not raping a hot young girl.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
06-24-2023, 11:13 PM
So far this window is an A for me. The most important business to do was get Saka and Saliba signed up long term. Well Saka is in the bag and the other fella is heavily rummered to have agreed to do the same. Note* i'm not including losing either of Partey or Xhaha. That A rating will soon change if we lose one of our linchpins.

Of we can pay £12m for a season and a half of Jorgy - which was a great buy, imo - why are we flogging GX for £13m when we could keep him for another 2 years?

A 30 yr old, PL-seasoned, battle-hardened MF with 16 goal involvements should cost a lot more than that. I know he deserves to be let go if that's what he wants, so he can be the main man somewhere else. But imagine if we had him on the bench and for squad rotation next season?

Also want TP5 to stay. Can he play as an inverted RB?

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
06-28-2023, 08:43 AM
https://twitter.com/asxd_98/status/1673850464276709376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1673850464276709376%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Havertz signed up. By all accounts he's coming to take Xhaka's place. A risky restructuring considering he was one of the players of the season. Somebody will be fired for the above getting leaked before Arse.Con put it out.

7sisters
06-28-2023, 09:12 AM
No, not really. More of a "great feet, for a big man" type. There's definitely a very good player in there and do think he'll suit our style far more than Chelsea's

A sort of Teutonic, Peter Crouch then ?

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
06-28-2023, 06:07 PM

Oh, we've been doing great since the winter we got Ĝdin on loan. But the post-Wenger period before that, when we had that fat cünt with the silly name giving deals to his agent mate so we spent a fortune on Gervinho 2.0 and that ugly, Brazza Chav's wages, was a fücking disgrace.

AW's last season was bad as well. Spent £50m on Laca and then more on Auba 5 months later. Turn down £55m for Alexis then swap him with Mhikki 5 months later. {Who we later turn down ten mil for and then give away for free.}

I've had no quibbles since Ĝdin but for a few years - end of AW, all of Dick Emery, start of MA - it really was woeful.

If only there was some sort of table that had a vague correlation to how well you'd been buying and selling players each year.