19-2 Oirish in bother already

and that was such a Stuart Broad review

PSRB
06-02-2023, 12:59 PM
347 runs in just 58 overs, this is a touch one sided

WES
06-02-2023, 01:01 PM
347 runs in just 58 overs, this is a touch one sided

Out of interest, how many of the Oirish are actually Oirish? i.e born there as opposed to having an Oirish grandmother or summat

PSRB
06-02-2023, 01:12 PM
Out of interest, how many of the Oirish are actually Oirish? i.e born there as opposed to having an Oirish grandmother or summat

Based on how **** they are, I'd suggest most of them

Luis Anaconda
06-05-2023, 08:10 AM

8 out of the 11 are Irish born, one born in Zimbabwe, two in South Africa - so not bad (We had one Kiwi and 10 English-born)

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
06-06-2023, 12:00 AM
8 out of the 11 are Irish born, one born in Zimbabwe, two in South Africa - so not bad (We had one Kiwi and 10 English-born)

Wish we still had some Saffas. How come the Convicts have got one? They used to come to us.

Luis Anaconda
06-06-2023, 08:21 AM
Wish we still had some Saffas. How come the Convicts have got one? They used to come to us.

Think it was the mines that brought Marcus's family to Australia. So basically it is Thatcher's fault, gg.

What would you do with the spinner situation?

06-07-2023, 11:25 AM
Think it was the mines that brought Marcus's family to Australia. So basically it is Thatcher's fault, gg.

What would you do with the spinner situation?

God alone knows. Part of me thinks Moeen if he's up for it because:

His test average is about the same as JL's.
He has the experience to deal with getting tonked when a new lad might go into his shell. He's dealt with pressure before.
He can bat at 8, and that's where our weakness is without Woakes.
He'll be good against their left-handers {though we miss JL for Smith and Laba-Shane.}
He's always been a Bazball batter, bit like Stuey B was there ahead of the curve.
And it would be a great redemption arc. Moeen resurrected by Bazball for one last Ashes-winning hurrah!.

I could see Stokes/Baz going with that young Ahmed kid. I just think they'd have wanted to bed him in a bit more instead of dropping him into an Ashes series.

Will Jacks has the same FC average as Joe Root, so no point in him given he's an offie like Root.

Ask for green seamers and go with Jimmy, Olly, Broad and Wood? With Stokes if poss for a few overs of reverse? Don't think they will. Think they like a spinner. So Mo, if not young Raheem. {Obviously, I like sub-continental descendants in the side.}

What about you?

Luis Anaconda
06-07-2023, 11:30 AM
God alone knows. Part of me thinks Moeen if he's up for it because:

His test average is about the same as JL's.
He has the experience to deal with getting tonked when a new lad might go into his shell. He's dealt with pressure before.
He can bat at 8, and that's where our weakness is without Woakes.
He'll be good against their left-handers {though we miss JL for Smith and Laba-Shane.}
He's always been a Bazball batter, bit like Stuey B was there ahead of the curve.
And it would be a great redemption arc. Moeen resurrected by Bazball for one last Ashes-winning hurrah!.

I could see Stokes/Baz going with that young Ahmed kid. I just think they'd have wanted to bed him in a bit more instead of dropping him into an Ashes series.

Will Jacks has the same FC average as Joe Root, so no point in him given he's an offie like Root.

Ask for green seamers and go with Jimmy, Olly, Broad and Wood? With Stokes if poss for a few overs of reverse? Don't think they will. Think they like a spinner. So Mo, if not young Raheem. {Obviously, I like sub-continental descendants in the side.}

What about you?
Wouldn't argue with that - agree it is bit early for Ahmed so Mo was only logical choice. Still think they might go without a spinner (or with Joe Root as the main one) but looks like Mo will play at Edgbaston at least.

06-09-2023, 01:05 AM
Wouldn't argue with that - agree it is bit early for Ahmed so Mo was only logical choice. Still think they might go without a spinner (or with Joe Root as the main one) but looks like Mo will play at Edgbaston at least.

I agree. But how has Woakes been this season? His record in this country is astounding, and give him green seamers at Edgbaston and Lords and he could be a real handful, with Root to attack the lefties.

But the damnable Convicts are sadly looking good with both bat and ball against my boys atm. And they have an all-rounder now when we might not get any overs out of the skipper. If you think how hard they've been to beat when we've had Both/Freddie/Stokes and they haven't had one, with the boot on the other foot, we could be screwed.

I still worry about Zak, so it would have been hard even with a fully fit Stokes and Leach. JL may have gone for 38 runs a wicket since Bazball started but he's taken 45 wickets and we reckon we can knock off 380 runs every time, so he's been great for us.

Basically, we need all the batsmen to fire to some degree, we need Stokes to be able to bowl with the old ball and get it reversing and we need a Mo fairytale ending. Or Harold Larwood and no helmets.

Luis Anaconda
06-09-2023, 09:18 AM
I agree. But how has Woakes been this season? His record in this country is astounding, and give him green seamers at Edgbaston and Lords and he could be a real handful, with Root to attack the lefties.

But the damnable Convicts are sadly looking good with both bat and ball against my boys atm. And they have an all-rounder now when we might not get any overs out of the skipper. If you think how hard they've been to beat when we've had Both/Freddie/Stokes and they haven't had one, with the boot on the other foot, we could be screwed.

I still worry about Zak, so it would have been hard even with a fully fit Stokes and Leach. JL may have gone for 38 runs a wicket since Bazball started but he's taken 45 wickets and we reckon we can knock off 380 runs every time, so he's been great for us.

Basically, we need all the batsmen to fire to some degree, we need Stokes to be able to bowl with the old ball and get it reversing and we need a Mo fairytale ending. Or Harold Larwood and no helmets.

If we can keep Robinson fit I think we have a chance - could come down to who plays more between him and Hazelwood (although Boland looks useful)

06-09-2023, 07:51 PM
If we can keep Robinson fit I think we have a chance - could come down to who plays more between him and Hazelwood (although Boland looks useful)

Yup. Ollie will be up for his first Ashes at home. Margate boy to boot. {I live here now.}

If we had a fit Joffra {and Stokes and JL} I'd be happier. Root broke his shiny new toy, didn't he, with that 42 over game. Waited all my life for Eng to get a pwoppa WI quick and won {lost} Ashes and won {one} WC later and he's just a fading memory.

PSRB
06-12-2023, 09:54 AM

I'd still beg Rashid to come back!!

A bit ominous with the Aussies spanking the Injuns :-\

Luis Anaconda
06-12-2023, 12:14 PM

Understrength India imo. Still impressive though

PSRB
06-12-2023, 01:40 PM
Understrength India imo. Still impressive though

Oh well, at least I'm wfh on Friday

Luis Anaconda
06-12-2023, 01:52 PM
Oh well, at least I'm wfh on Friday

Could have had tickets for Friday but instead working from Germany (will have TMS on, of course)

06-12-2023, 06:10 PM
Could have had tickets for Friday but instead working from Germany (will have TMS on, of course)

How do you get TMS in Europe? I've been spending a lot of time on the Right Bank in Paris {4th Arrondissement} since I hooked back up with my mate from Les Nomads sound system in 2017 and used to pop down to the river to check the BBC live text. But you couldn't listen to TMS on the page over there like you can in Blighty.

The pause button on TMS on the BBC sport page is great cos I can now sync it up to the dodgy stream as long as it doesn't buffer very often.

For the WC final, cos it was on CH4, I was able to watch on 4OD with TMS in sync. My beloved came in with about 5 or so overs left and actually stayed to watch it all with me - I think Agnew et al on TMS gave her a new insight cos the commentary is so much better than telly.

06-12-2023, 06:20 PM

Yup, they didn't have Bumrah and Pant and stupidly didn't play Ashwin. But the Aussies batted and bowled very well, unfortunately. Though Ganpati willing, Mo will get revenge for the Godless Convicts calling him Osama.

Though why wouldn't you play Ravi Ashwin? No.1 test bowler in the world and getting on for 500 test wickets at under 24 while {Gerald the} Lyon's come in at over 31. {And RA's batting average is almost 27.}

Imagine if we could get Axar Patel? Can barely get a game for India despite averaging just over 17 with the ball and over 36 with the bat.

Were he English, he could be one of our all-time greats. Him at 8, Archer and Robinson at 9 and 10. And Sunni Gavaskar to open for us, just for the anti-Bazball lols.

Luis Anaconda
06-13-2023, 08:03 AM
How do you get TMS in Europe? I've been spending a lot of time on the Right Bank in Paris {4th Arrondissement} since I hooked back up with my mate from Les Nomads sound system in 2017 and used to pop down to the river to check the BBC live text. But you couldn't listen to TMS on the page over there like you can in Blighty.

The pause button on TMS on the BBC sport page is great cos I can now sync it up to the dodgy stream as long as it doesn't buffer very often.

For the WC final, cos it was on CH4, I was able to watch on 4OD with TMS in sync. My beloved came in with about 5 or so overs left and actually stayed to watch it all with me - I think Agnew et al on TMS gave her a new insight cos the commentary is so much better than telly.

Normally put a link to TMS overseas Youtube channel on the BBC website. Although I have a vpn so can get the beeb anyway of needed

PSRB
06-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Normally put a link to TMS overseas Youtube channel on the BBC website. Although I have a vpn so can get the beeb anyway of needed

I do like VPN's :-)

Luis Anaconda
06-13-2023, 09:31 AM
I do like VPN's :-)
Although 40D seems very good at detecting them. Don't think the Beeb cares

06-13-2023, 10:45 PM
Although 40D seems very good at detecting them. Don't think the Beeb cares

Which VPN for the Beeb and what does it cost?

PSRB
06-14-2023, 07:28 AM
Which VPN for the Beeb and what does it cost?

I use Express VPN - £11.99 per month, easy to cancel

Luis Anaconda
06-14-2023, 09:57 AM
I use Express VPN - £11.99 per month, easy to cancel

I use UKExpat VPN at about €8.99

PRSB - didn't realise Manchester was abroad now :)

PSRB
06-14-2023, 10:14 AM

:-) Just used it in Kos and will use it in Portugal

06-14-2023, 12:15 PM

Cheers, you two.

Can I just pay for 2-3 months when the missus is in India and wants to watch East Enders? {Now we have Puddle Paws the Cat, I can't use her India trips as an excuse to bugger off to Paris so we'll have to co-ordinate trips away.}

Luis Anaconda
06-14-2023, 01:23 PM
Cheers, you two.

Can I just pay for 2-3 months when the missus is in India and wants to watch East Enders? {Now we have Puddle Paws the Cat, I can't use her India trips as an excuse to bugger off to Paris so we'll have to co-ordinate trips away.}

Should be able to - think mine is just a month by month thing through iTunes

PSRB
06-14-2023, 02:11 PM
Should be able to - think mine is just a month by month thing through iTunes

Mine is an app on iOS, you can just cancel in the subscriptions bit in settings