PDA

View Full Version : So if we win our last four games we'll finish with 90 points

WES
05-03-2023, 07:52 AM
which for those of you too young or immature to remember is exactly what the Invincibles finished with.

And some of you clowns want the manager sacked. :clap:

I'd also point out that the Invincibles were an ageing team while the current squad is the youngest in the league.

PSRB
05-03-2023, 07:56 AM
which for those of you too young or immature to remember is exactly what the Invincibles finished with.

I'd also point out that the Invincibles were an ageing team while the current squad is the youngest in the league.

Mikel and the team are all learning, no one expected us to be where we are (just look at every journo's top 4 predictions). I said he had to get top 4 this season and has comfortably done that.

Still not entirely sure with his subs and think he's treating ESR like **** but I guess he has his reasons

Luis Anaconda
05-03-2023, 08:36 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if you could enjoy an Arsenal victory without reducing it to petty point scoring

Pat Vegas
05-03-2023, 08:43 AM

I feel sorry for Arteta the players have let him down in those 4 games.

However I am starting to think Partey might be the weak link. Xhaka was himself again yesterday. (or his new self)

I'd carry on with Jorginho.

Pat Vegas
05-03-2023, 08:44 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if you could enjoy an Arsenal victory without reducing it to petty point scoring

Did you win at the darts LA?

PSRB
05-03-2023, 08:45 AM

However I am starting to think Partey might be the weak link. Xhaka was himself again yesterday. (or his new self)

I think the Zinchenko project has been found out......I mean if Frank can exploit it.....

WES
05-03-2023, 08:47 AM
Mikel and the team are all learning, no one expected us to be where we are (just look at every journo's top 4 predictions). I said he had to get top 4 this season and has comfortably done that.

Still not entirely sure with his subs and think he's treating ESR like **** but I guess he has his reasons

I don't understand ESR either, especially as Vieira has been so poor.

And we need a RB badly imo, primarily so that we can play White as a CB and never have to see Holding again. I thought the Polish chap looked pretty good last night.

PSRB
05-03-2023, 08:59 AM
I don't understand ESR either, especially as Vieira has been so poor.

And we need a RB badly imo, primarily so that we can play White as a CB and never have to see Holding again. I thought the Polish chap looked pretty good last night.

If we don't want to see Holding then taking off Gabriel when he was clearly struggling might have been a good idea. I suspect it'll be Kiwior and Holding vs :barcode:

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
05-03-2023, 08:59 AM

We could have a potential Liverpool problem next season with all our 4 CM's over 30 and they might just suddenly fall off a cliff. Haven't seen any signs of it thus far mind. Rice or the Brighton lad looked to be on their way before Jorginho was signed but there's not really a lot of space in the squad for another CM now. Will be interesting to see what Arteta does here.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
05-03-2023, 09:03 AM
I think the Zinchenko project has been found out......I mean if Frank can exploit it.....

I find it odd that in all his time here he still hasn't actually been played in the Xhaka role. Especically in the West Ham game where Xhaka was out and Vieira played. In theroy you could have two Odegaard style/level players possibly bringing us up another level.

PSRB
05-03-2023, 09:07 AM
I find it odd that in all his time here he still hasn't actually been played in the Xhaka role. Especically in the West Ham game where Xhaka was out and Vieira played. In theroy you could have two Odegaard style/level players possibly bringing us up another level.

:nod: especially as that's where he plays for Ukraine

WES
05-03-2023, 09:10 AM

I'm try to educate them, Luis, it's positively philanthropic :shrug:

And note that I didn't mention the irony in you commenting on someone else engaging in petty point scoring :-)

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
05-03-2023, 09:19 AM
Thought the lazer pen nonsense was a disgrace. If you really must do that. Why not do it against Man city last week when it might have actually helped us? What was the point risking a lifetime ban when 3-0 against a dog shiit team?

PSRB
05-03-2023, 09:24 AM
Thought the lazer pen nonsense was a disgrace. If you really must do that. Why not do it against Man city last week when it might have actually helped us? What was the point risking a lifetime ban when 3-0 against a dog shiit team?

Yep, ****ing ****, ban him for life. This is The Arsenal.

WES
05-03-2023, 10:10 AM
If we don't want to see Holding then taking off Gabriel when he was clearly struggling might have been a good idea. I suspect it'll be Kiwior and Holding vs :barcode:

Afraid i’ve resigned myself to a loss there PRSB, take a point in a second :-(

PSRB
05-03-2023, 10:13 AM
Afraid i’ve resigned myself to a loss there PRSB, take a point in a second :-(

After their parking the bus (there needs to be an emoji for this) nonsense, I would love it, love it, love it if we battered them at their place.

WES
05-03-2023, 11:29 AM
After their parking the bus (there needs to be an emoji for this) nonsense, I would love it, love it, love it if we battered them at their place.

Hopefully their result against the scum will encourage them to believe that they can actually play football against us and we might be in with a chance for the 3 points. :hehe:

Realistically I can't see us doing worse than 8 more points for a total of 86 and 2nd place comfortably.

Not a single pundit or even the most passionate Arsenal supporters I know thought we would do that well.

And I still think we win the league if Saliba stays fit. Speaking of which, do we know definitively when his contract is up? Internet seems split between us being able to extend him through next season and extend him through the season after.

Luis Anaconda
05-03-2023, 12:02 PM
I'm try to educate them, Luis, it's positively philanthropic :shrug:

And note that I didn't mention the irony in you commenting on someone else engaging in petty point scoring :-)
:hehe: Have to hold my hands up there - that's a fair point, sir

WES
05-03-2023, 12:36 PM

Surely we can find some f*cker other than White that can play RB so we can play White and Kiwior in the middle?

How about

Zinchenko White Kiwior Tierney

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-03-2023, 12:47 PM

ESR could play the Xhaka role as well as Fabio. He'd be perfect, esp with a DM like TP5 or Jorgy behind him. Basically a Ødin on the right.

And then we'd have 7-8-9-10-11 in the right W-M positions.

Luis Anaconda
05-04-2023, 08:31 AM
Did you win at the darts LA?

titanic battle just to get to the second round. Deciding leg, opponent in single figures, I needed 68. Hit a 1 first dart... then triple 19 and 10 to finish. Enjoyed that very much

Pat Vegas
05-04-2023, 09:48 AM
:-) fantastic. It's great when you hit that treble when you are on a finish.
my highest was 120 which I think I enjoyed more than the 180.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
05-04-2023, 10:16 AM
ESR could play the Xhaka role as well as Fabio. He'd be perfect, esp with a DM like TP5 or Jorgy behind him. Basically a Ødin on the right.

And then we'd have 7-8-9-10-11 in the right W-M positions.

The Fabio Vieira project has left us in a very precarious position in regards to our own boys ESR and a soon to be free agent in Reiss Nelson. So far we've got nothing out of Vieira other than block playing time for our elite prospects. I've said it before here. Fabio did not stand out at all against the UEFA cup group stage opposition. ESR on the otherhand looked levels above those type of players as a 17 year old under Emery. He was a major reason why we went out early in all the cups. He simply isn't up to the level, will he get there? Who knows, there's talk that having no pre season played a part but at the moment i'm getting Fran Merida vibes where he stands out at youth level and isn't able to impose himself in mens football. Note: despite all the waanking off over Jack Grealish this season. he still hasn't come close to matching ESR's goal scoring level from last season.

If it was up to me I'd be loaning Fabio out next season and see what he can do. There's no UEFA cup anymore to bed him in. The problem is, who would actually want him?He certainly isn't good enough to start for any of the other 19 teams in the league. If there was a £20m offer on the table i'd definitely take it. although what will probably play out is that we'll lose Nelson on a free to Brighton and ESR sold to Villa for £25m. :-\