PDA

View Full Version : Fabio Vieira starting

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-21-2023, 06:10 PM
:-(

Tony C
04-21-2023, 07:56 PM
If we don’t win then let’s start the Arteta out discussion.

This squad would be perfect for Naggleguy.

Don Carlo would be my No1 choice.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-21-2023, 08:03 PM
Shocking performance. That's all you can say. Throw Trossard on for Vieira at half time and hope for a miracle. It's not his position but he can't be as awful as Vieira. He's just not ready for the prem. Didn't look good enough in the UEFA cup nevermind fighting for a title.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-21-2023, 08:07 PM
How in under fcuk Vieria started ahead of Jorginho here is beyond me. It seems to be pure autism to just start him ahead of a seasoned veteran winner purely because he's left footed. It reminds me of Mr. Burns subbing an elite baseball player for Homer due to a similar way of thinking.

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:15 PM
Concussion guy was withdrawn because he was asked the score so looked up at the big screen and said 38-46 which was the match time on the clock.

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:19 PM
Southampton have double downed on the first half…park a bus and pray they can catch us out again.

Yep it’s Trossard time.

We could also drop Zinchenko for a back 3 and Eddie on too.

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:20 PM
Finally…gave it 10 minutes then Trossard

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-21-2023, 08:32 PM
Disgraceful. Don’t like saying it but let’s be honest. Complete bottle jobs.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-21-2023, 08:35 PM
I wouldn’t mind this Southampton team are actually playing pure Shiite. This is pathetic

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Yeah…he’s gotta go in the summer.

The shortlist:

Nagglesperson
Don Carlo
Luis Enrique
Simeone and his coaching staff of Vivas & Veron
Allegri

Lord…I said Eddie for Zinchenko like 20 minutes ago.

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:38 PM
Lord who’s this Southampton guy coming in? Looks like a NFL linebacker.

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:40 PM
City is going to be dreadful viewing…

3 or 4 nil.

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:48 PM
And 3rd game in a row Saka has been poor.

Not sure if i committed a hate crime by saying that.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-21-2023, 08:48 PM
This team is finished mentally for the season. Betting wise the smart money will be backing City to win starting 3 down. We’re going to get beat about 7-0

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:53 PM
I like Odegaard…the one big take away from this season is finally having a top class captain.

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:54 PM
Lol 3-3 surely not

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:55 PM
8 minutes to win it

Tony C
04-21-2023, 08:56 PM
Oh my days cross bar

Southampton are threading water here…like in quick sand

Tony C
04-21-2023, 09:06 PM
So 2-2, 2-2 now 3-3…seems like the bet for City is 3-3 just in case.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Nevermind what we did. In all my life supporting Arsenal that is the most dog shiit performance against us I've ever seen where the opposition scored 3. Southampton were terrible and there for the taking. Embarrassing result.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-21-2023, 09:26 PM
The difference in Trossard on for the last half an hour and Vieira was night and day. I don't want to hammer Vieira too much. He came to us as a fringe squad player from an average league. Had his chance for the Arsenal earlier in the season in the cups. Proved himself, for this season at least, not good enough for the league. It's utterly mental to see Arteta start him in one of our must cruicial games in decades. I'm still gobsmacked by the lineup. Souhtampton were utterly terrible. All we needed was experienced heads in the middle controlling the game and then our class would take over. I genuinely mean it. Even though we were damn lucky to get a draw. That was one of the worst performances against us in the league this season. Southampton were terrible.

Tony C
04-21-2023, 09:29 PM
Robbie Mustoe has the best take on this.

It’s not 2 points lost or 1 point gained.

It’s a team continuing to make mistakes that Champions don’t make.

Correct imo…Why is Zinchenko getting nutmegged by Arnold? Why are we giving up two sloppy goals and missing a penalty vs West Ham, why did Ramsdale sh*t himself today? Where was the defending for the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Champions don’t play like this.

Arteta needs to sort this out fast.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-21-2023, 09:42 PM
What's clear as day from the last couple of months or so is that the shiit teams that usually play everybody behind the ball quickly noticed that Zinchenko playing as a playmaker is only useful against that system. So they've clearly set up to exploit the left back role especically. It was clear as day to see today with Southampton's line up. A front 3 purely pressing into shape to cover passing lanes depending when Zinchenkco came in field. They made us look like school boys at the back. Playing this way when the squad has zero confidence is suicide. I don't see us keep another clean sheet to tell the truth.

Tony C
04-22-2023, 03:33 AM
Line up for City

Ramsdale

White-Gabriel-KT

Saka-Partey-Odegaard-J20-Zinchenko

Jesus & Martinelli

Ol skool 352

Match their system and look to beat them in the one v ones

KT has always been world class on the left hand side of a back 3 so I’ll always be confident of him there.

Partey vs KDB
J20 vs Mahrez
Gabriel vs King Orc
Oodegard vs Rodri…Round 2
Walker vs Zinchenko
Grealish vs Saka
Jesus vs Ruben Dias
Martinelli vs Stones

And don’t be shy…tell Saka, Gabriel and Martinelli to go lights out for 60 minutes then triple sub…Nelson, Trossard and Eddie.

If we had Xhaka available then we him as well. Quadruple sub.

Fight then all over the park United style :nod:

If we lose we lose…but at least we go down swinging.

John Bunnell
04-22-2023, 06:50 AM
Lee Judge AFTV "We are as good as Real Madrid" is he a spastic?

I said here when we lost to City in the FA Cup that was the end of our season.

We are capable of going on good runs. We are completely incapable of handling pressure.

Tony C
04-22-2023, 07:11 PM
Game 1: 2-2
Game 2: 2-2
Game 3: 3-3

So is the 4th result in the series 4-4?

It’s 200/1

60/1 for another 3-3

Might as well stick a fiver on both and hope for the best.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-22-2023, 07:50 PM
Backing Man City to win starting -5 at 70/1 looks decent value. it's the sort of result they could pull of against us now as things stands. I could see things going really bad where we quickly go down to 10 men and Xhaka or someone throws in the towel and gets sent off and then we could really struggle to keep it under 10.

Tony C
04-22-2023, 08:06 PM
The more I think about it I feel I’m right about using a back 3 here.

Stop them playing as a team and break the game up into individual 1 v 1 battles.

Saka and Zinchenko can even invert and make things even more congested in the middle.

City will probably still win but I think it’s better than the current bend over and take it approach.