PDA

View Full Version : Jack Wilshere and the U18 team

PSRB
04-18-2023, 02:46 PM
bar the Youth Cup semi-final, has he actually won a game since taking charge?

and lets be honest, he got away with the Youth Cup match

Maravilloso Marvo
04-18-2023, 03:46 PM
bar the Youth Cup semi-final, has he actually won a game since taking charge?

and lets be honest, he got away with the Youth Cup match

Genuine question, but does it actually matter? I mean sure, good players should win games but ultimately is the idea not about just creating one or two top top gems rather than a team who can grind out good results. It's almost like the complete opposite of senior football where individuals are more important than the team.

PSRB
04-19-2023, 08:09 AM
Genuine question, but does it actually matter? I mean sure, good players should win games but ultimately is the idea not about just creating one or two top top gems rather than a team who can grind out good results. It's almost like the complete opposite of senior football where individuals are more important than the team.

Winning is a good habit to get into. Plus I believe we were top of the academy league when he took over. I do sort of get your point but I just find the total capitulation of the academy side, a bit odd.

Luis Anaconda
04-19-2023, 08:45 AM
Winning is a good habit to get into. Plus I believe we were top of the academy league when he took over. I do sort of get your point but I just find the total capitulation of the academy side, a bit odd.

Look at the age of the U21 team - for league games they take a lot from the U18s - specifically the two best players Cozier-Duberry and Lewis-Skelly. Sure that is a factor in the poor results

Sir C
04-19-2023, 10:00 AM
Look at the age of the U21 team - for league games they take a lot from the U18s - specifically the two best players Cozier-Duberry and Lewis-Skelly. Sure that is a factor in the poor results

Just how deviant have you two become? :-(

PSRB
04-19-2023, 10:04 AM

Deflection from the impending capitulation and loss of the league title and will probably end up finishing 3rd :-(

Luis Anaconda
04-19-2023, 10:15 AM

Become? :)

pjlincs
04-24-2023, 03:16 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/24/per-mertesacker-jack-wilshere-has-proved-me-wrong-arsenal-fa-youth-cup-final

Luis Anaconda
04-25-2023, 08:27 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/24/per-mertesacker-jack-wilshere-has-proved-me-wrong-arsenal-fa-youth-cup-final

ty pj - interesting piece

PSRB
04-26-2023, 08:28 AM
Become? :)

West Ham were very good. Some cracking prospects on both sides

Luis Anaconda
04-26-2023, 08:30 AM
West Ham were very good. Some cracking prospects on both sides

Only watched about 10 minutes :plastic: and we were on top (but also 3-1 down). Only thing that will stop Cozier-Duberry being a superstar with us is that Bukayo has his position for the next 10 years (not just based on last night)

Luis Anaconda
04-26-2023, 08:30 AM
Only watched about 10 minutes :plastic: and we were on top (but also 3-1 down). Only thing that will stop Cozier-Duberry being a superstar with us is that Bukayo has his position for the next 10 years (not just based on last night)

Oh - and yes West Ham have a very good team. Wd WH & KK (not that one)