Well deserved.

Luis Anaconda
03-29-2023, 11:15 AM
Well deserved.

About ****ing time - would be nice if he could get to the game on Saturday

Pat Vegas
03-29-2023, 11:33 AM
About ****ing time - would be nice if he could get to the game on Saturday

I saw an article saying Aliadiere was almost unrecognisable.

I think he looks exactly the same.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/www-instagram-com-wrightyofficial-806227593.jpg?w=620

WES
03-29-2023, 12:01 PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/www-instagram-com-wrightyofficial-806227593.jpg?w=620

The article said that Arsenal 'legends' had dinner together. I'd suggest that there is a consensus amongst Arsenal supporters that neither Clichy or Aliadiere quite qualified for that distinction. :hehe:

It actually took me a few seconds to realise that was Clichy. He's morphed into an American footballer whose name I won't bore you with.

Luis Anaconda
03-29-2023, 12:24 PM
The article said that Arsenal 'legends' had dinner together. I'd suggest that there is a consensus amongst Arsenal supporters that neither Clichy or Aliadiere quite qualified for that distinction. :hehe:

It actually took me a few seconds to realise that was Clichy. He's morphed into an American footballer whose name I won't bore you with.

Both played in the Invincible season - very tenuous connection to being legendary (though I think Clichy was underrated)

Luis Anaconda
03-29-2023, 12:24 PM

Yeah - he was easy to spot. Had no idea who the one between Clichy and Tel was. Darren Dein - doesn't really belong

PSRB
03-29-2023, 12:37 PM
Yeah - he was easy to spot. Had no idea who the one between Clichy and Tel was. Darren Dein - doesn't really belong

I was about to ask who the hell that was.

WES
03-29-2023, 01:12 PM
Both played in the Invincible season - very tenuous connection to being legendary (though I think Clichy was underrated)

I was at the 4-4 with the scum when he stood on the ball and fell over and they scored the 3rd. I never forgave him for that even if it was a wonder finish from some muppet that probably never scored again in his life (Jenas?).

Also the pen at Birmingham that was never a pen, his reaction made it certain that that utter c*nt Dean was going to give it.

On the upside I was stood next to Frimmers in the Woodbine after the 4-4 when Harry said he thought they were unlucky. :hehe: :hehe:

The bouncer had to calm him down. Frimmers, not Harry.

PSRB
03-29-2023, 01:14 PM
I was at the 4-4 with the scum when he stood on the ball and fell over and they scored the 3rd. I never forgave him for that even if it was a wonder finish from some muppet that probably never scored again in his life (Jenas?).

Also the pen at Birmingham that was never a pen, his reaction made it certain that that utter c*nt Dean was going to give it.

On the upside I was stood next to Frimmers in the Woodbine after the 4-4 when Harry said he thought they were unlucky. :hehe: :hehe:

The bouncer had to calm him down. Frimmers, not Harry.

:hehe: Worst match I've ever been at, was ****ing livid. David bloody Bentley scoring his one career goal of any note. The pub was indeed lively after. wd the pub

Luis Anaconda
03-29-2023, 01:45 PM
:hehe: Worst match I've ever been at, was ****ing livid. David bloody Bentley scoring his one career goal of any note. The pub was indeed lively after. wd the pub

Yes - think I got there just after the Frimmers rant. I've experienced a few of those down the years though

Maravilloso Marvo
03-30-2023, 01:15 PM
I was sat with Nikos for that 4-4 game. Incredible scenes, some very angry people about. Apparently they had unfortunately ended the offer on Brita water filters in Tescos.