03-23-2023, 10:04 AM
He will be the first Arsenal player to ever represent the Azzurri

:nerdwimb:

Pat Vegas
03-23-2023, 10:27 AM

va bene,

We have a Italian who's Brazilian and a Brazilian with a Italian Name.

I still would like a proper one.

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2023, 10:28 AM
va bene,

haha - Martinelli could have played for Italy as well I believe. If Chiesa is up for grabs, I'd take him

Sir C
03-23-2023, 10:32 AM

Ooh really? What about wossisname, young striker, a sort of proto Aliadiere, did he never get a game?

Pat Vegas
03-23-2023, 10:33 AM
haha - Martinelli could have played for Italy as well I believe. If Chiesa is up for grabs, I'd take him

:Nod: I thought he was great in the world cup.

I sort of liked Belotti as that sort of sub striker to come on off the bench, but I don't think he's doing that great at Roma.

Pat Vegas
03-23-2023, 10:37 AM
Ooh really? What about wossisname, young striker, a sort of proto Aliadiere, did he never get a game?

Lupoli? I remember being at Highbury watching him against Everton. :cloud9:

Sir C
03-23-2023, 10:38 AM
Lupoli? I remember being at Highbury watching him against Everton. :cloud9:

That's the fella. I think I saw his debut in a league cup game. Although that could have been any number of others, of course :-(

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2023, 10:55 AM
That's the fella. I think I saw his debut in a league cup game. Although that could have been any number of others, of course :-(

3-1 - He got two, Quincy scored as well

Pat Vegas
03-23-2023, 10:57 AM
3-1 - He got two, Quincy scored as well

Gravesen Free Kick?

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2023, 11:27 AM
Gravesen Free Kick?

Think so - also a dreadful tackle on Edu by Kevin "Zinedine" Kilbane

Pat Vegas
03-23-2023, 11:44 AM
Think so - also a dreadful tackle on Edu by Kevin "Zinedine" Kilbane

It's weird I remember games from then better than I do ones from this Season.
Which is odd as we are good this season.

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2023, 12:12 PM
It's weird I remember games from then better than I do ones from this Season.
Which is odd as we are good this season.

I watch some games that I know I was at in around 2008/09 and not remember them at all. I think this did coincide with drinking with Sir C though

7sisters
03-23-2023, 01:12 PM
va bene,

That poor chap who died in a motorbike crash. One of ours on loan to Milan ? Galli, wasn’t it ? I could be miles out here 🥴

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2023, 02:01 PM
That poor chap who died in a motorbike crash. One of ours on loan to Milan ? Galli, wasn’t it ? I could be miles out here ��

Not miles, Niccolò Galli - son of Milan's European cup-winning keeper Giovanni. Was on loan at Bologna and playing in Serie A at 17. Saw him play in the FA Youth Cup winning team. He would have been some player. 17 ffs

Sir C
03-23-2023, 02:24 PM
I watch some games that I know I was at in around 2008/09 and not remember them at all. I think this did coincide with drinking with Sir C though

Into Il Bacio at 11. A Bloody Mary for thé hangover, couple of pints of Peroni to rehydrate, then onto a bottle or two of Montepulciano. Time for a swift 3 or 4 pints in the Woodbine, then stagger in in time for kick off.

Tony C
03-23-2023, 03:03 PM
Do those places still exist?

Don’t forget the mojito place.

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2023, 03:08 PM
Into Il Bacio at 11. A Bloody Mary for thé hangover, couple of pints of Peroni to rehydrate, then onto a bottle or two of Montepulciano. Time for a swift 3 or 4 pints in the Woodbine, then stagger in in time for kick off.

It's a wonder we ever made the game

Sir C
03-23-2023, 03:23 PM
Do those places still exist?

Don’t forget the mojito place.

Il Bacio w3nt downhill when those Polish lads bought it. Turns out Poles can’t do pizza like Italians. Who knew?

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2023, 03:39 PM
Il Bacio w3nt downhill when those Polish lads bought it. Turns out Poles can’t do pizza like Italians. Who knew?

Still like the Woodbine though - not that I've actually been to a game for a while

Tony C
03-23-2023, 03:50 PM
Last game I went to was the Wigan semi final because Ian H had a spare ticket and he wanted to meet Profumo, Sarah, Mickey Pearce, Mr Wong and Rampallion.

I think he was disappointed.

Rampallion was my favourite…the guy got banned on here for supposed ticket touting when all he was doing was asking people for goods or services instead of money…hardly touting imo.

PSRB
03-23-2023, 03:50 PM
Still like the Woodbine though - not that I've actually been to a game for a while

I need to get down at some point with my eldest, she's getting into the whole Arsenal thing now :-)

PSRB
03-23-2023, 03:51 PM
It's a wonder we ever made the game

:nod: The noughties were good fun

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2023, 03:55 PM
:nod: The noughties were good fun

Definitely met some wonderful people too - and Ian Harvey

Tony C
03-23-2023, 03:57 PM
Remember when the Punjabi guy got annoyed with Greg Mitchell and the two were supposed to fight on the Saturday but we got a no show.

Boooooo

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2023, 04:09 PM
Remember when the Punjabi guy got annoyed with Greg Mitchell and the two were supposed to fight on the Saturday but we got a no show.

Boooooo

I think that was a guy who I ended up working with - bit worrying as he was in IT so probably knew from all angles how much time I used to spend on awimb

PSRB
03-23-2023, 04:23 PM
I think that was a guy who I ended up working with - bit worrying as he was in IT so probably knew from all angles how much time I used to spend on awimb

I'd have thought that would have been the least of your worries?

WES
03-23-2023, 04:27 PM
Definitely met some wonderful people too - and Ian Harvey

Cheers mate :thumbup: