PDA

View Full Version : Tricky game tonight

Tony C
03-09-2023, 05:47 AM
Trossard, Nketiah and KT have not travelled.

KT has a cold or something.

So not sure on the line up and rotation.

Sporting will play a 343 no matter what so just need to thread carefully. I think we値l need to be strong in the full back areas to nullify their wingers.

I知 guessing it痴

Turner

White
Holding
Polish chap
Tommy

Oodegard
J20
Vieira

Reece
Martinelli
ESR

Maravilloso Marvo
03-09-2023, 08:11 AM

Sporting will play a 343 no matter what so just need to thread carefully. I think we’ll need to be strong in the full back areas to nullify their wingers.

I’m guessing it’s

Turner

White
Holding
Polish chap
Tommy

Oodegard
J20
Vieira

Reece
Martinelli
ESR

I can't believe you've gone with 11 players there T. And as for no mention of GK being Turner's best position... Well it's just all very disappointing.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
03-09-2023, 08:44 AM
I'm hearing a lot of idiots saying we should just throw this game tonight due to our lack of squad depth. Are they mental? Alright up front isn't ideal today but this competition is going to be essential for match fitness/sharpness for half our team. I'm talking about the likes of Turner, Tomi, Holding, Polish lad, Tierney, ESR, Nelson, Trossard, Jorginho, Jesus etc.

Look at Tomi for example. The fella was practically world class last season. Being thrown in the odd game recently and he's looked awful. The lad badly needs games. Tis not FIFA were you just stick in reserves from the cold and they play to their usual level. When one of our key first team players break down we'll need our boys below to jump right in and do the biz.

We'll have to rotate heavily today and i'd expect a disjointed performances. As long as we don't get hammered we'll crush them at home regardless anyway.

Tony C
03-09-2023, 09:00 AM
There’s the argument that given our dominance from the front this season that simply finishing with a league title is an underachievement.

Think about it.

Perfectly winnable comp imo

Last season was utterly painful watching Rangers vs Frankfurt in the final…

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
03-09-2023, 09:12 AM
Exactly. And look how woeful our European trophy cabinet actually is. Win this, get into the super cup. Win that and then we've doubled our trophies.

PSRB
03-09-2023, 09:21 AM

Sporting will play a 343 no matter what so just need to thread carefully. I think we値l need to be strong in the full back areas to nullify their wingers.

I知 guessing it痴

Turner

White
Holding
Polish chap
Tommy

Oodegard
J20
Vieira

Reece
Martinelli
ESR

Well perhaps if KT dressed appropriately for the weather rather than giving it the big'un in T-shirts he wouldn't have got a cold :old:

Luis Anaconda
03-09-2023, 09:36 AM
Well perhaps if KT dressed appropriately for the weather rather than giving it the big'un in T-shirts he wouldn't have got a cold :old:

My thoughts exactly, p

redgunamo
03-09-2023, 11:29 AM
Right. He probably doesn't even wear underpants :-(