Sir C
02-23-2023, 10:11 AM
"Oh my word!"

So much better than these modern chaps.

Luis Anaconda
02-23-2023, 10:34 AM
"Oh my word!"

Meh - never liked him or Barry Davies. I really don't like Barry Davies - particularly since he was so busy on spouting off about Arsene disrespecting the FA Cup by playing a weakened side for so long at the start of the game against Newcastle that he missed commentating on our opening goal. An opening goal that was score by Pires set up by Bergkamp - weakened side :p

Sir C
02-23-2023, 10:41 AM
Meh - never liked him or Barry Davies. I really don't like Barry Davies - particularly since he was so busy on spouting off about Arsene disrespecting the FA Cup by playing a weakened side for so long at the start of the game against Newcastle that he missed commentating on our opening goal. An opening goal that was score by Pires set up by Bergkamp - weakened side :p

They were both better than Brian Moore though He richly deserved being serenaded by the North Bank with "Brian Moore's a muppet" when he climbed into the gantry :hehe:

WES
02-23-2023, 10:44 AM

Meh also, he was properly bad at actually describing what was happening on the pitch.

I seem to recall our good friend Monty describing an international match (England Russia I think) where an excellent move from Russia which resulted in a great chance was completely ignored by Motson as he rattled on about something else until eventually he said something like 'oh, and what have we here, a good chance from Russia' just after the chance was missed.

:hehe:

Luis Anaconda
02-23-2023, 10:52 AM
Meh also, he was properly bad at actually describing what was happening on the pitch.

I seem to recall our good friend Monty describing an international match (England Russia I think) where an excellent move from Russia which resulted in a great chance was completely ignored by Motson as he rattled on about something else until eventually he said something like 'oh, and what have we here, a good chance from Russia' just after the chance was missed.

Though we will always have this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA_IShNbS5Y

pjlincs
02-23-2023, 11:00 AM

" . . . . our good friend Monty . . . . " - where is he these days? :sherlock:

Luis Anaconda
02-23-2023, 11:01 AM
They were both better than Brian Moore though He richly deserved being serenaded by the North Bank with "Brian Moore's a muppet" when he climbed into the gantry :hehe:

:hehe: Martin Tyler used to be good - whatever happened to him. Seems to hate football now.

Luis Anaconda
02-23-2023, 11:07 AM
" . . . . our good friend Monty . . . . " - where is he these days? :sherlock:

I'm fairly sure his missus killed him

Pat Vegas
02-23-2023, 11:23 AM
:hehe: Martin Tyler used to be good - whatever happened to him. Seems to hate football now.

all went downhill after he started doing the 'And It's Live' gimmick.

Luis Anaconda
02-23-2023, 11:27 AM
all went downhill after he started doing the 'And It's Live' gimmick.

Very good point, p

WES
02-23-2023, 11:42 AM
Very good point, p

won’t have a bad word said about Martin

Arsenal 5-3 Boro

Stand up for the champions!!!

:love:

Pat Vegas
02-23-2023, 11:46 AM

Arsenal 5-3 Boro

He used to like us. Then went all City it seems. They can say Aguerooooooooooo as much as they like.

But I prefered. Willlllltoooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

redgunamo
02-23-2023, 08:14 PM
:-( Always loved his Wembley send-off for David O'Leary.

"Oh my word!"

redgunamo
02-23-2023, 08:15 PM
That was excellent, very good.

Arsenal 5-3 Boro

WES
02-24-2023, 08:31 AM
That was excellent, very good.