PDA

View Full Version : More Positive today.

Pat Vegas
02-17-2023, 09:14 AM
Have we all forgot about City's Points deduction.

:trophy: dancing on the streets of Islington etc

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2023, 09:42 AM

Never in doubt, p

Pat Vegas
02-17-2023, 10:07 AM
Never in doubt, p

Do you have a preferred spot of Islington you'd like to dance on?
I thought of starting on Hornsey Road then on to Holloway.

Sir C
02-17-2023, 10:14 AM

What's the name of the road that pub's on? You know, the nice food one. Draper's Arms.

Pat Vegas
02-17-2023, 10:16 AM
What's the name of the road that pub's on? You know, the nice food one. Draper's Arms.

Is that on Barnsbury Street? I don't think it's the best place for dancing.

Just off upper street, soon to be renamed. Mikel Arteta Street.

Sir C
02-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Is that on Barnsbury Street? I don't think it's the best place for dancing.

I like it. It has a romantic quality. One could imagine oneself in Victorian London, strolling with one's best girl.

What I mean is it isn't like Upper Street as their are no lads pissing in shop doorways.

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2023, 10:27 AM
I like it. It has a romantic quality. One could imagine oneself in Victorian London, strolling with one's best girl.

What I mean is it isn't like Upper Street as their are no lads pissing in shop doorways.

I watched the 1998 cup final there when it was a proper spit and sawdust place. even had a big Arsenal mirror. Walking back to my then residence just off the Cally Road I met another Arsenal fan who offered me a swig of his bottle of Southern Comfort. Forgetting I was pretty much allergic to it since downing a pint of it in my student days, I took it - it wasn't a wise decision

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2023, 10:28 AM

Highbury Corner - only right answer

Sir C
02-17-2023, 10:38 AM
I watched the 1998 cup final there when it was a proper spit and sawdust place. even had a big Arsenal mirror. Walking back to my then residence just off the Cally Road I met another Arsenal fan who offered me a swig of his bottle of Southern Comfort. Forgetting I was pretty much allergic to it since downing a pint of it in my student days, I took it - it wasn't a wise decision

That reminds me of an occasion a few years ago when I staggered out of a corporate box at Twickenham after an England game and decided that I could walk to me hotel. Which was at Heathrow. After some adventures I ended up on a council estate in God knows where, invited into a party and plied with champagne and marijuana. Things become a little hazy after that but mu anus has never been the same since :-(

Pat Vegas
02-17-2023, 10:41 AM
Highbury Corner - only right answer

someone stole the roundabout there.

Must be the same person who stole the one at Old street too.

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2023, 10:57 AM
someone stole the roundabout there.

Must be the same person who stole the one at Old street too.

I blame Curly

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2023, 10:58 AM
That reminds me of an occasion a few years ago when I staggered out of a corporate box at Twickenham after an England game and decided that I could walk to me hotel. Which was at Heathrow. After some adventures I ended up on a council estate in God knows where, invited into a party and plied with champagne and marijuana. Things become a little hazy after that but mu anus has never been the same since :-(
I blame Curly

John Bunnell
02-17-2023, 12:07 PM

The parade will be in Manchester still but on the other side.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-18-2023, 08:17 AM
I was at a party with my homies on that estate near that time. About midnight my cousin said "some big ugly toff has passed out upstairs so we're all 'avin a go on his arse'ole." If it was you I apologize C - I did pile in rather aggressively and had I known it was you I'd have given you your lighter back.