PDA

View Full Version : On Wednesday, it would be lovely if we could

PSRB
02-13-2023, 04:05 PM
1. Not be at least 3 down by half-time
2. Keep 11 players on the pitch
3. Have no VAR nonsense....unless it's to our benefit :-)
4. WIN

WES
02-14-2023, 08:25 AM
1. Not be at least 3 down by half-time
2. Keep 11 players on the pitch
3. Have no VAR nonsense....unless it's to our benefit :-)
4. WIN

5. Win the league
6. Win the EL
7. Sign Jude Bellingham in the summer

I may have got slightly carried away here... :-)

Luis Anaconda
02-14-2023, 10:32 AM
5. Win the league
6. Win the EL
7. Sign Jude Bellingham in the summer

I may have got slightly carried away here... :-)
5 and 6 are feasible imo

WES
02-14-2023, 10:39 AM
5 and 6 are feasible imo

It's an interesting one - player power versus club power.

What do Dortmund do if we offer 100mil, Liverpool offer 120mil but Bellingham says I want to go to Arsenal?

:rubchin:

Luis Anaconda
02-14-2023, 10:43 AM
It's an interesting one - player power versus club power.

What do Dortmund do if we offer 100mil, Liverpool offer 120mil but Bellingham says I want to go to Arsenal?

:rubchin:

See Shakhtar Donetsk and Mudryk for that (of course, each case can be different)

PSRB
02-14-2023, 10:47 AM
See Shakhtar Donetsk and Mudryk for that (of course, each case can be different)

Can't see FSG stumping up €120m when they're trying to offload Liverpool, especially if they're not in CL.

I reckon he'll end up at Madrid

Luis Anaconda
02-14-2023, 10:49 AM
Can't see FSG stumping up €120m when they're trying to offload Liverpool, especially if they're not in CL.

I reckon he'll end up at Madrid
I think you are probably right - wouldn't rule out United though if this Qatari thing goes through

WES
02-14-2023, 11:59 AM

Yes, they're all different and I think Bellingham is in a much stronger position than Mudryk and clearly could have a much better feel for where he wants to end up in English football.

Ultimately he would only force a move to us through if he was driven by being in London, us being champions and being part of what Arteta is building. Otherwise I think he ends up at ManU, sadly.

City - no chance with their potential legal troubles
Liverpool - not if they aren't in the CL and are up for sale
Tottenham - on the list for comic effect :-)

Luis Anaconda
02-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Yes, they're all different and I think Bellingham is in a much stronger position than Mudryk and clearly could have a much better feel for where he wants to end up in English football.

Ultimately he would only force a move to us through if he was driven by being in London, us being champions and being part of what Arteta is building. Otherwise I think he ends up at ManU, sadly.

Made me laugh, Wes

redgunamo
02-15-2023, 09:16 AM
:-\ He's from the Midlands, I think, so he (and importantly, his dad) are just as likely to despise us as anything.

I understand we, alongside Manchester United, were interested when he was ready to leave Birmingham City but he chose BVB.

Fairplay to him.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
02-15-2023, 10:13 AM
:-\ He's from the Midlands, I think, so he (and importantly, his dad) are just as likely to despise us as anything.

I understand we, alongside Manchester United, were interested when he was ready to leave Birmingham City but he chose BVB.

Fairplay to him.

His old man is a copper so you'd think he'd be a sensible lad.

PSRB
02-15-2023, 10:26 AM
Made me laugh, Wes

Speaking of comedy, this from Paddy Power made me chuckle
https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1625540492908806168