PDA

View Full Version : Mikel Arteta questions why Brentford equaliser was allowed to stand

Footymad
02-12-2023, 09:20 AM
https://www.awimb.com/cron.php?rand=1676193617

More... (http://www.arsenal-world.co.uk/news/tmnw/mikel_arteta_questions_why_brentford_equaliser_was _allowed_to_stand_970685/index.shtml)

Tony C
02-12-2023, 12:01 PM
PGMOL confirms it was an error and Lee Mason simply forgot to draw the lines.

And that’s it…no corrective measures nothing.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
02-12-2023, 02:04 PM
At the same time Brentford had a perfectly good goal taken off them.

Tony C
02-12-2023, 03:04 PM
Howard Webb has contacted Arsenal to apologise for the mistake and inconvenience caused.

Inconvenience loooooooooooool oh my days

Tony C
02-12-2023, 04:28 PM
And that’s 5 points VAR has robbed off.

I’m counting the Martinelli decision at OT as 3.

Clowns.

PSRB
02-13-2023, 09:22 AM
At the same time Brentford had a perfectly good goal taken off them.

I disagree on that, Toney goes underneath Gabriel (the Kane tackle as I call it) and that's the foul, not the next one, imo

Sir C
02-13-2023, 09:49 AM
PGMOL confirms it was an error and Lee Mason simply forgot to draw the lines.

And that’s it…no corrective measures nothing.

It's a fugging conspirass, innit?

Pat Vegas
02-13-2023, 09:55 AM
It's a fugging conspirass, innit?

We could take it out of VAR's hands by scoring more goals.

Tony C
02-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Lee Mason was also suspended in September for incorrectly using VAR to disallow a goal.

The running theory is that he spent so long trying to work out of the first incident was off side that he completely panicked and just gave the 2nd one a quick eye test.

Surely they just sack him now…surely.

PSRB
02-13-2023, 10:27 AM
Lee Mason was also suspended in September for incorrectly using VAR to disallow a goal.

The running theory is that he spent so long trying to work out of the first incident was off side that he completely panicked and just gave the 2nd one a quick eye test.

Surely they just sack him now…surely.

I have issues believing that anyone can be that incompetent. I want his financials checked

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
02-13-2023, 10:41 AM
I don't know why there's not more calls to scrap VAR altogether. It's an awful system and littered with stacks of human error cases now. That's the whole point of why it's there ffs. It's ruined the flow of the game and I'm sick of it. Get rid.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
02-13-2023, 10:44 AM
I don't know why there's not more calls to scrap VAR altogether. It's an awful system and littered with stacks of human error cases now. That's the whole point of why it's there ffs. It's ruined the flow of the game and I'm sick of it. Get rid.

And bring back the proper offside rule too. Fed up with seeing cnuts deliberately standing in offside positions for free kicks. We want the old school rule. If anybody is offside, that's just it, done, simple. Offside traps used to be an art form.

PSRB
02-13-2023, 10:55 AM
And bring back the proper offside rule too. Fed up with seeing cnuts deliberately standing in offside positions for free kicks. We want the old school rule. If anybody is offside, that's just it, done, simple. Offside traps used to be an art form.

As per Brian Clough, if he's not interfering with play then what's he doing on the pitch

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
02-13-2023, 11:11 AM
As per Brian Clough, if he's not interfering with play then what's he doing on the pitch

I rememeber when the 'not interfering with play' craic first came in, if the player was offside he'd basically turn his back the other way and walk slowing in the oppositie direction of the goal for about 10 meters. That was slightly tolerable. We're nowhere close to that now.

pjlincs
02-13-2023, 12:14 PM
And that’s 5 points VAR has robbed off.

I’m counting the Martinelli decision at OT as 3.

Clowns.

7 if you include our non-pen(s) vs Newcastle.

WES
02-13-2023, 01:30 PM
7 if you include our non-pen(s) vs Newcastle.

Meh. Luck is part of football and we had a fair amount of it during our run to this position. We virtually stole 3 points at Leeds, as an example.

More worrying is that based on the highlights I saw (like most us, I did not watch the game) I was dismayed to see how few chances we created. Based on MOTD we were lucky to come away with a point.

Which means precisely sod all if we play like we can and win Wednesday night, of course.

PSRB
02-13-2023, 01:44 PM
Meh. Luck is part of football and we had a fair amount of it during our run to this position. We virtually stole 3 points at Leeds, as an example.

More worrying is that based on the highlights I saw (like most us, I did not watch the game) I was dismayed to see how few chances we created. Based on MOTD we were lucky to come away with a point.

Which means precisely sod all if we play like we can and win Wednesday night, of course.

I watched on a dodgy stream (decent quality though) and we could have easily been 2 or 3 down. We did control the game but didn't create enough. That said, sometimes you play badly and win, the mark of champions they always say.

We wuz robbed!!

Tony C
02-13-2023, 01:52 PM
Probably won for the lads on betfair but couldn’t I sue Lee Mason for lost bets?

Now that it’s been established he complete nincompoop.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
02-13-2023, 05:05 PM
I watched on a dodgy stream (decent quality though) and we could have easily been 2 or 3 down. We did control the game but didn't create enough. That said, sometimes you play badly and win, the mark of champions they always say.

We wuz robbed!!

Man utd were complete shiit yet again and got another 3 points. They're about 30 points clear of the played shiite but won league.

WES
02-14-2023, 08:45 AM
Of course, if you want to continue the injustice angle of Brentford's goal, you can start with that never being a free kick in the first place.

Toney put his arms around Saliba, not the other way around. Cheating pr1ck that he is.

Luis Anaconda
02-14-2023, 10:31 AM

We wuz robbed!!

I watched it on German Sky :) Can't really argue that Brentford had better chances in the first half but their finishing was shocking. We should have won though