Sir C
02-06-2023, 11:10 AM
:hehe:

£10k fine, perhaps.

PSRB
02-06-2023, 11:14 AM

£10k fine, perhaps.

Sky vigorously defending them currently.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2023, 11:17 AM

£10k fine, perhaps.

I don't want them too. If we win it I want to win it without any additional excuses.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
02-06-2023, 11:21 AM
I don't want them too. If we win it I want to win it without any additional excuses.

I'll make my moral stance on a Man City points deduction after we play them twice in the next couple of months.

Tony C
02-06-2023, 11:50 AM
Yep…please no asterisk next to our win like Liverpool and the Flu season.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-06-2023, 12:11 PM
Yep…please no asterisk next to our win like Liverpool and the Flu season.

Surely if the charge is approved, then City should have an asterisk beside every single trophy they won in those relevant seasons, no? Because had other teams been allowed to cheat similarly, then they might have one instead.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
02-06-2023, 12:38 PM
Surely if the charge is approved, then City should have an asterisk beside every single trophy they won in those relevant seasons, no? Because had other teams been allowed to cheat similarly, then they might have one instead.

Wenger finally gonna win the league cup. :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
02-06-2023, 12:43 PM

:clap: :clap:

PSRB

Gpwm :thumbup:

Luis Anaconda

£10k fine, perhaps.
I think they'll get a slap on the wrists as well

Pat Vegas
02-06-2023, 12:52 PM

I am just happy with any sort of unrest/speculation with City at the moment :cloud9:

Knowing our luck we'll find out that Arteta was the key man behind these breaches and Jesus and Zinchenko were illegal signings and get banned for life.

Tony C
02-06-2023, 01:17 PM
It’s over 100 charges across multiple seasons.

This would indicate they knew what they were up to but still kept doing it.

So if guilty I don’t think it would be a slap in the wrists.

I heard someone mention that they should be stripped of titles…man that’s rough…well for the teams that finished 2nd at least. Their fans never got the opportunity to celebrate a title win.

If it’s looking bad then I think they should drag this out till the summer, do a plea deal and start the new season -15 points or something and let’s all just move on from this.

WES
02-06-2023, 01:37 PM
Meh.

I was a strong supporter of FFP when it came into being but would happily watch it go away now. And it can take VAR with it.

Leicester proved you can win the league without spending fortunes, as did A Wenger in his prime and as is M Arteta right now.

7sisters
02-06-2023, 01:48 PM
Meh.

I was a strong supporter of FFP when it came into being but would happily watch it go away now. And it can take VAR with it.

Leicester proved you can win the league without spending fortunes, as did A Wenger in his prime and as is M Arteta right now.

A huge fine, followed by demotion to the 4th division (or whatever they call it now ) would seem the appropriate response.
There needs to be genuine hardship and future discouragement.
A proper kick in the balls, Rangers stylee.

Tony C
02-06-2023, 03:22 PM
It would be good to see who stays with them if they end up in League 2 lol

I remember when Fiorentina got put into Serie C you had quite a few of the old guard like Batistuta and Di Livio agreeing to stay on massive pay cuts because they wanted to help the team get back to Seria A.

Same happened with Rangers but not really the same calibre of players.

Tony C
02-06-2023, 07:33 PM
Lol stripping them of their titles would mean Ole won the league :clap:

redgunamo
02-06-2023, 09:06 PM
Yep. No need to go overboard. Just a token, piffling, IMMEDIATE twenty-point deduction should do it.

redgunamo
02-06-2023, 09:07 PM
He deserves it!

Luis Anaconda
02-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Yep. No need to go overboard. Just a token, piffling, IMMEDIATE twenty-point deduction should do it.

can we take 20 point of United as well while we are it - deserve it for being close to City

Pat Vegas
02-07-2023, 10:04 AM
can we take 20 point of United as well while we are it - deserve it for being close to City

:hehe: can you imagne if City get points deducted and we still didn't win the league. :hehe:

:-(

Burney
02-07-2023, 10:10 AM

£10k fine, perhaps.

Nah. The allegations are so extensive and the alleged breaches so flagrant that it'll either be complete exoneration or very severe punishment. If found guilty, there'd be a good case for expulsion from the PL (can't be relegated as the EFL is a separate entity and is under no obligation to take them). At the very least they'd be stripped of titles and receive a savage points penalty.
The Premier League is making a point here. It wouldn't have charged City like this if it wanted to brush it under the carpet or let them off with a slap on the wrist.
Sadly, the one thing that's certain is that it won't be settled this season.

Luis Anaconda
02-07-2023, 10:35 AM
Nah. The allegations are so extensive and the alleged breaches so flagrant that it'll either be complete exoneration or very severe punishment. If found guilty, there'd be a good case for expulsion from the PL (can't be relegated as the EFL is a separate entity and is under no obligation to take them). At the very least they'd be stripped of titles and receive a savage points penalty.
The Premier League is making a point here. It wouldn't have charged City like this if it wanted to brush it under the carpet or let them off with a slap on the wrist.
City's lawyers do tend to be quite effective unfortunately. Almost as good as the team. Just got to hope it distracts them a bit

Burney
02-07-2023, 10:44 AM
City's lawyers do tend to be quite effective unfortunately. Almost as good as the team. Just got to hope it distracts them a bit

Sadly, that's true. Although they only got off the CL ban on a technicality over timing and by a CAS vote of 2-1, so there's hope. What's very clear, though, is that football authorities have finally woken up to the danger clubs like City pose to the world game and are gunning for them. The PL is not pissing about here and the stakes are very high. If City get away with taking the piss in the way they have (dummy sponsors, etc), it's basically an admission there are no financial rules in the Premier League and it's a free-for-all.

PSRB
02-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Sadly, that's true. Although they only got off the CL ban on a technicality over timing and by a CAS vote of 2-1, so there's hope. What's very clear, though, is that football authorities have finally woken up to the danger clubs like City pose to the world game and are gunning for them. The PL is not pissing about here and the stakes are very high. If City get away with taking the piss in the way they have (dummy sponsors, etc), it's basically an admission there are no financial rules in the Premier League and it's a free-for-all.

I've been saying this at work. They pissed off the PL by refusing to cooperate and thinking they can do what they want. The PL are absolutely looking to make an example of them. 115 charges, no way they're getting with everything. I think even Mendy would be found guilty with that many charges!

Just hope Chelsea are next.

Tony C
02-07-2023, 11:57 AM
Apparently one of the charges relates to their length of the grass in their pitch.

Lord…what a job for someone to have…going around from ground to ground measuring the grass length to the millimetre.

Yet they still get offsides wrong lol

Luis Anaconda
02-07-2023, 12:04 PM
Newcastle's owners will be looking on with interest - they have actually been reasonably restrained but anything in City's favour will give them licence to go nuts

redgunamo
02-07-2023, 01:10 PM
Only fair, imo.

redgunamo
02-07-2023, 01:17 PM
I'm guessing the Feeb are involved: Christopher Steele and a' that?

Tony C
02-08-2023, 04:35 PM
If they get Relegated it’s straight to non league football.

The EFL confirmed they have to requirements to accept City into their leagues :clap:

John Bunnell
02-08-2023, 09:59 PM
Relegation to League 1 or lower is only suitable punishment. It'll be a great deterrent. I hate that Citeh have become this force in football. If any club doesn't deserve it it's them. Crap history, crap support... Its not as if they were even a fringe club to being a somewhat decent side. Even Chelsea on their day gave the opposition headache before Abramovich entered. Citeh were always flat out garbage.