PDA

View Full Version : I hope this Jorginho story is *******s

Pat Vegas
01-31-2023, 09:47 AM
I really don't want him.

He's a good player but after how sucessful the other players we've signed from Chelsea have been I'd rather not.

I'd take him if we also get someone else in.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-31-2023, 09:58 AM
The biggest problem I see with this is that yes, he's a good ball playing cm who could do well picking it up deep and breaking the lines. But what happens when we don't have the ball? The man has no legs. This wouldn't be too bad for certain teams but he'll likely be playing when Partey is out which means he'll be next to Xhaxa who is also pretty slow around the pitch.

He'll be better than Lokonga in there though.

Pat Vegas
01-31-2023, 09:59 AM
The biggest problem I see with this is that yes, he's a good ball playing cm who could do well picking it up deep and breaking the lines. But what happens when we don't have the ball? The man has no legs. This wouldn't be too bad for certain teams but he'll likely be playing when Partey is out which means he'll be next to Xhaxa who is also pretty slow around the pitch.

He'll be better than Lokonga in there though.

Done deal apparently :-(

PSRB
01-31-2023, 10:12 AM
Done deal apparently :-(

At least it's only 18 months

Pat Vegas
01-31-2023, 10:13 AM
At least it's only 18 months

If we don't win the league this will be a massive :shout: for the shouty types in May.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-31-2023, 10:22 AM
I suppose we have to wind it back a bit. The real question is. Is he better than Eleney playing Partey's role? He's probably a similar level to that and I was quite happy to see out the season with Eleney backing up Partey. Ideally we should only be using this chap for the early rounds of the UEFA cup and replacing Parety with 10 mins to go with the game won. So it may well be a decent signing. Certainly better than nothing. I'd say it's adding another % or 2 to our chances of winning the league. Signing no one would have been a disaster.

PSRB
01-31-2023, 10:22 AM
If we don't win the league this will be a massive :shout: for the shouty types in May.

Brighton don't want to sell Caicedo, Hammers won't sell Rice. I don't like the bloke but as cover for Partey, it's not a bad option.

PSRB
01-31-2023, 10:23 AM
I suppose we have to wind it back a bit. The real question is. Is he better than Eleney playing Partey's role? He's probably a similar level to that and I was quite happy to see out the season with Eleney backing up Partey. Ideally we should only be using this chap for the early rounds of the UEFA cup and replacing Parety with 10 mins to go with the game won. So it may well be a decent signing. Certainly better than nothing. I'd say it's adding another % or 2 to our chances of winning the league. Signing no one would have been a disaster.

Agreed :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
01-31-2023, 10:26 AM
Brighton don't want to sell Caicedo, Hammers won't sell Rice. I don't like the bloke but as cover for Partey, it's not a bad option.

We don't seem to be very good at doing the big deals.

PSRB
01-31-2023, 10:31 AM
We don't seem to be very good at doing the big deals.

If Brighton don't want to sell, and lets face it, they have plenty of money in the bank, there's not much we can do.

I'd imagine there is a ceiling we can go to based on the all important summer targets due to FFP

Tony C
01-31-2023, 11:19 AM
I’d rather we sign no one and finish 2nd than win it with that deadbeat chav.

Tony C
01-31-2023, 11:20 AM
He’s not even taking a plane so can’t even Sala this one.

IUFG
01-31-2023, 11:25 AM
I’d rather we sign no one and finish 2nd than win it with that deadbeat chav.

:nono: you'll be dancing on the streets of Islington when he scores the winner to clinch the league, t.

and, how come Willian looks half decent for Fulham? :rubchin:

Pat Vegas
01-31-2023, 11:51 AM
:nono: you'll be dancing on the streets of Islington when he scores the winner to clinch the league, t.

and, how come Willian looks half decent for Fulham? :rubchin:

I was watching Fulham highlights a few weeks ago. and thought who's that he looks good.
It as Willian :hide:

Yesterday Once More
01-31-2023, 12:05 PM
I could understand in the dog days of Wenger why we kept buying 30-something Chelsea players, but not one of them improved us. In fact, the best 30-something signing we ever made from Chelsea was Johnny Hollins, which says something about Gallas, Cech and Willian's contribution. Jorginho is also in decline, which is why they are offloading him.

Deeply depressing.

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2023, 12:17 PM
I could understand in the dog days of Wenger why we kept buying 30-something Chelsea players, but not one of them improved us. In fact, the best 30-something signing we ever made from Chelsea was Johnny Hollins, which says something about Gallas, Cech and Willian's contribution. Jorginho is also in decline, which is why they are offloading him.

Deeply depressing.

He's experienced back-up not first choice. If you can't see that maybe football isn't for you

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-31-2023, 12:26 PM
I'd imagine as the season goes on more and more of the smaller teams are going to adopt the Newcastle tactic against us with everybody behind the ball and not moving their back line up 20 yards from the keeper so a 'DM' that mainly sprays and ball about and keeps things ticking will be important. Will be a lot more useful than sticking the Polish lad in there and hoping for the best.

Yesterday Once More
01-31-2023, 12:27 PM
He's experienced back-up not first choice. If you can't see that maybe football isn't for you

We should be looking beyond "experienced back-up" in the transfer market. Jesus aside, we have been incredibly lucky with injuries this season (let's see how well we cope with Partey now missing for a spell...) In modern football, any team with ambition needs to be aiming higher than someone clearly in decline whom Chelsea are clearly very happy to let go for 12 million.

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2023, 12:30 PM
We should be looking beyond "experienced back-up" in the transfer market. Jesus aside, we have been incredibly lucky with injuries this season. In modern football, any team with ambition needs to be aiming higher than someone Chelsea are clearly very happy to let go for 12 million.
Psst he's out of contract at the end of the season yet has still started 18 games for them. I think finding someone to get into our starting lineup would be incredibly hard - do you think we could sign a player better than Partey and have him integrate straight away into the way we play? Forwards are maybe different - I wouldn't have minded a big lump coming in like Weghorst if I am honest.

Maravilloso Marvo
01-31-2023, 12:34 PM

We should be used to it by now but I really don't understand our fans sometimes.

We learnt last year that the club is not prepared to sign a B rate player if it means missing out on the A plan. So we didn't manage to get anyone in January last year but it meant we could wait until the summer and get Jesus. Being short there arguably cost us top 4 last season but was clearly better for the long run.

So this time round, it appears as though the A plan is Rice or the Brighton lad. But if we can't get them YET, but have a good indication that we will be able in the summer then signing someone who a) is settled in London b) is a proven winner who has won the PL, Champions League etc c) doesn't block a Rice or Caicedo deal from happening in the summer and d) is the difference between falling short come the end of the season or not then I think it's a fantastic signing.

We've lauded Arteta and Edu for bringing in experienced winners who have the mentality to be champions in Zinchenko and Jesus. On the face of it, this just looks like one more for me.

PSRB
01-31-2023, 01:03 PM
We should be used to it by now but I really don't understand our fans sometimes.

We learnt last year that the club is not prepared to sign a B rate player if it means missing out on the A plan. So we didn't manage to get anyone in January last year but it meant we could wait until the summer and get Jesus. Being short there arguably cost us top 4 last season but was clearly better for the long run.

So this time round, it appears as though the A plan is Rice or the Brighton lad. But if we can't get them YET, but have a good indication that we will be able in the summer then signing someone who a) is settled in London b) is a proven winner who has won the PL, Champions League etc c) doesn't block a Rice or Caicedo deal from happening in the summer and d) is the difference between falling short come the end of the season or not then I think it's a fantastic signing.

We've lauded Arteta and Edu for bringing in experienced winners who have the mentality to be champions in Zinchenko and Jesus. On the face of it, this just looks like one more for me.

What grates is giving that ****ing club a single penny.

Pat Vegas
01-31-2023, 01:35 PM

What if Chelsea sign Caicedo today? :-(

Maravilloso Marvo
01-31-2023, 02:16 PM

It's not like they will use it to build a new training ground and take the club to another level.

It's like giving a tenner to a homeless person, he'll just píss it up the wall.

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2023, 02:26 PM
It's not like they will use it to build a new training ground and take the club to another level.

It's like giving a tenner to a homeless person, he'll just píss it up the wall.
Harsh to bring Dr Headgear into this

Tony C
01-31-2023, 02:35 PM
I just bought his Arsenal shirt

TOLDYOUSOINHO 69

Tony C
01-31-2023, 02:37 PM
[Ornstein] Jorginho transfer from Chelsea to Arsenal has gone down tremendously well among #AFC squad + staff. Feeling is the midfielder brings technical ability, tactical understanding, experience level ideal for title bid. #CFC happy with money so all win @TheAthleticFC

Basically this again…

https://youtu.be/eIrrOW7yZaE

Maravilloso Marvo
01-31-2023, 03:03 PM
[Ornstein] Jorginho transfer from Chelsea to Arsenal has gone down tremendously well among #AFC squad + staff. Feeling is the midfielder brings technical ability, tactical understanding, experience level ideal for title bid. #CFC happy with money so all win @TheAthleticFC

Basically this again…

https://youtu.be/eIrrOW7yZaE

To be fair, the only sauce I trust on how the squad feel is Mickey Pearce.

Tony C
01-31-2023, 03:05 PM
Merson hails it as outstanding deal.

Well…we’re fked

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-31-2023, 03:10 PM
https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1138756193260855296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1138756200579944449%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=

Yesterday Once More
02-01-2023, 07:28 AM
You do know who Merse supports, presumably?