PDA

View Full Version : Trossard incoming

PSRB
01-19-2023, 09:33 AM
Am I the only one that is a bit, meh, about that as a signing?

Pat Vegas
01-19-2023, 09:37 AM
Am I the only one that is a bit, meh, about that as a signing?

Yeah but maybe that's what we need. What does Trossard do? :-)
and why hasn't Chelsea tried to buy him?

PSRB
01-19-2023, 09:38 AM
Yeah but maybe that's what we need. What does Trossard do? :-)
and why hasn't Chelsea tried to buy him?

I need to confer with my mate, who is a Brighton fan

Pat Vegas
01-19-2023, 09:45 AM
I need to confer with my mate, who is a Brighton fan

Some of the youtube types like him.
Though I wouldn't drop anyone in the starting XI at the moment. Perhaps Eddie if there was another striker on the books though I do like him. Some games we are going to need him to put the chances away like he had the other day.

Hope Jesus returns at a appropriate time for a lift.

PSRB
01-19-2023, 09:48 AM
Some of the youtube types like him.
Though I wouldn't drop anyone in the starting XI at the moment. Perhaps Eddie if there was another striker on the books though I do like him. Some games we are going to need him to put the chances away like he had the other day.

Hope Jesus returns at a appropriate time for a lift.

My mate, is currently very angry. So I'll leave him be :furious: :hehe:

Pat Vegas
01-19-2023, 09:50 AM
My mate, is currently very angry. So I'll leave him be :furious: :hehe:

That's a good sign. Genius Edu strikes again

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-19-2023, 10:52 AM
I'm liking this signing. We critically needed a body to cover us up top and Trossard will certainly give us that and is able to hit the ground running knowing the league well. As things were going and the way we play it was only a matter of time before one of Saka,Eddie or Martineli broke down with injury. It's simply not sustainable to play our constant pressing game all season with no rotation and not pick up big injuries.

Looking at it from a 'moneyball' perspective this looks an excellent signing. Brighton will know all about that being one of the World's most succesful moneyball style teams. Let's just look at his league stats. Scored 7 in 16 this season. That's as good as our top scorers. His overall record scoring in the prem is 25 in 116 which would include his first couple of years bedding in. Even with that that's still a 1 in 5 record. That's exactly what we need. Even if he can score us 5 goals for the rest of the season while offering us quality cover that could well be enough to win the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYudyEUXMws

After doing the obligatory youtube scouting with an incoming player one thing is clear. This boy is a clinical finisher and has a weapon we'll need against the low block teams like Newcastle. He has brillant agility and is able to make space out of nothing to get his shot off. Another key note to take from those highlight goals is that half of them came against the big teams, Us, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool twice. That's a hell of a lot better than being worth £100m due to scoring two against Celtic.

Yes I think this looks a very shrewd signing. You might get some detractors crying that he's 28. Who gives a fcuk about that. We're going for the league now and he's in his prime. I don't care if his legs go next season as long as he produces right here, right now.

Tony C
01-19-2023, 11:17 AM
Good signing…can put him the little pain in the arse straight to work if we need too.

That’s how I would describe him…a pain in the arse for other teams to deal with.

Extra firepower off the bench…would’ve been the ideal type vs Newcastle.

Them sort of goals he scores…will be useful when team start getting way more defensive with us.

He almost feels like a Freddie type with the importance of the goals he scores….might put a bet on him to score on Sunday just like Freddie did vs United on his debut.

Happy to do business with Brighton. Tony Bloom is a shrewdie who knows the correct price for someone. Won’t be getting stitched up that’s for sure.

Luis Anaconda
01-19-2023, 11:23 AM
I'm liking this signing. We critically needed a body to cover us up top and Trossard will certainly give us that and is able to hit the ground running knowing the league well. As things were going and the way we play it was only a matter of time before one of Saka,Eddie or Martineli broke down with injury. It's simply not sustainable to play our constant pressing game all season with no rotation and not pick up big injuries.

Looking at it from a 'moneyball' perspective this looks an excellent signing. Brighton will know all about that being one of the World's most succesful moneyball style teams. Let's just look at his league stats. Scored 7 in 16 this season. That's as good as our top scorers. His overall record scoring in the prem is 25 in 116 which would include his first couple of years bedding in. Even with that that's still a 1 in 5 record. That's exactly what we need. Even if he can score us 5 goals for the rest of the season while offering us quality cover that could well be enough to win the league.

After doing the obligatory youtube scouting with an incoming player one thing is clear. This boy is a clinical finisher and has a weapon we'll need against the low block teams like Newcastle. He has brillant agility and is able to make space out of nothing to get his shot off. Another key note to take from those highlight goals is that half of them came against the big teams, Us, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool twice. That's a hell of a lot better than being worth £100m due to scoring two against Celtic.

Yes I think this looks a very shrewd signing. You might get some detractors crying that he's 28. Who gives a fcuk about that. We're going for the league now and he's in his prime. I don't care if his legs go next season as long as he produces right here, right now.
Amen to this

7sisters
01-19-2023, 12:12 PM
Amen to this

He looks like a great bit of business. Has the experience and shouldn’t put a huge dent in the progress of the youngsters within the *project.
The fallout with Zoobie is quite fortuitous. When you look how Brighton rinsed Chelsea over Fofana and Cucerella, we’ve probably been able to capitalise and get him in the cheap.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-19-2023, 01:17 PM

I have to admit, I wasn't happy that he's 28, but if it's only £20m, fine. That gives us another couple of seasons to find our big money new winger and won't dent the cash for the young, long term TP5 replacement in the summer.

I'm just not sure about signing someone whose name sounds like Tøsser.

Pat Vegas
01-19-2023, 04:07 PM
Deal done ITK

PSRB
01-19-2023, 04:14 PM
Deal done ITK

The Orn and Fabrizio concur

Luis Anaconda
01-19-2023, 04:20 PM
The Orn and Fabrizio concur

almost 5 times what Martinelli cost :(

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-19-2023, 07:41 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/10g19zz/leandro_trossards_13_goals_and_3_assists_against/

13 goals and 3 assists against the Big Six. For under £30m we're getting a right bargin.

Tony C
01-19-2023, 07:46 PM
I will place a bet on him to emulate Freddie when he scored on his debut vs United at Highbury.

What was the final score? 3-1 or 3 nil?

Need to read the fine print too…I believe if he stays on the bench the bet is void but need to double check this.

Tony C
01-19-2023, 07:50 PM
Ah it was 3-0 to us.

-

Freddie Ljungberg
Ljungberg joined Arsenal in 1998 and introduced himself to the Gunners fans by scoring in a 3-0 win over Manchester United on his debut.

That proved to be his only goal in his debut season, but the former Sweden international went on to win three FA Cups and two Premier League titles during his nine years in north London.

-

Well here’s hoping Trossard gets a few more this season.

Tony C
01-19-2023, 07:51 PM
Did Freddy only score one that season…lol didn’t seem like that.

Tony C
01-19-2023, 07:55 PM
Speaking about the oldies…

Marc Overmars :(

Apparently his heart attack was so bad a significant portion of his heart is now dead.

I don’t even think Kanu can help here.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-19-2023, 08:01 PM
Young sports ball men's heart have been giving out the last year for some mysterious reason.

redgunamo
01-19-2023, 10:52 PM
Especially tonight :-|

Less of the "young" though, please.

Young sports ball men's heart have been giving out the last year for some mysterious reason.

John Bunnell
01-20-2023, 08:44 AM
Transfer makes complete sense to me. We need an experienced forward. He can do it in the league. Mudryk definitely has a very very high ceiling but not worth a 100m punt plus wages. I can't get excited over super signings after Pepe. Reminder, we bought Sanchez for 30m. So jarring seeing all the Indian & African Arsenal fans on social crying about losing out to Chelsea on Mudryk because we won't dig deep into the pockets.

redgunamo
01-20-2023, 10:00 AM
:-( We're just THROWING our money away nowadays. Bring back Wenger, imo.

almost 5 times what Martinelli cost :(

redgunamo
01-20-2023, 10:04 AM
He'll also give one or two of the others a break. Good signing, imo.

Good signing…can put him the little pain in the arse straight to work if we need too.

That’s how I would describe him…a pain in the arse for other teams to deal with.

Extra firepower off the bench…would’ve been the ideal type vs Newcastle.

Them sort of goals he scores…will be useful when team start getting way more defensive with us.

He almost feels like a Freddie type with the importance of the goals he scores….might put a bet on him to score on Sunday just like Freddie did vs United on his debut.

Happy to do business with Brighton. Tony Bloom is a shrewdie who knows the correct price for someone. Won’t be getting stitched up that’s for sure.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-20-2023, 10:13 AM
Transfer makes complete sense to me. We need an experienced forward. He can do it in the league. Mudryk definitely has a very very high ceiling but not worth a 100m punt plus wages. I can't get excited over super signings after Pepe. Reminder, we bought Sanchez for 30m. So jarring seeing all the Indian & African Arsenal fans on social crying about losing out to Chelsea on Mudryk because we won't dig deep into the pockets.

I get more annoyed with the ones that only rate a player if he has 95 pace and acceleration on FIFA. Some of the names these cnuts wanted signed from the German league for £100m was laughable. They probably had Ryo Miachi as a £100m player back in the day.

John Bunnell
01-20-2023, 04:19 PM
I get more annoyed with the ones that only rate a player if he has 95 pace and acceleration on FIFA. Some of the names these cnuts wanted signed from the German league for £100m was laughable. They probably had Ryo Miachi as a £100m player back in the day.

LOL Miyachi ffs I remember the days I used to buy into these young players hype ffs. I don't even know what's happening in our academy anymore, who's a prospect etc. Too many flops with a few rare gems to care.

Talking about Jap wingers, the Brighton lad is a bit tasty.

PSRB
01-20-2023, 04:24 PM
LOL Miyachi ffs I remember the days I used to buy into these young players hype ffs. I don't even know what's happening in our academy anymore, who's a prospect etc. Too many flops with a few rare gems to care.

I must admit, I was rather hoping that was the Brighton player we were going to sign

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-20-2023, 06:10 PM

In fairness Miyachi looked exceptional as a very young 18 year old loaned out to Feyenoord. He didn't even play any reserve football or anything, he went straight from high school football in Japan to the Dutch top division. He seemed to score or assist every game he played and looked one of the best players in the league. Had a touch of the young Ronaldo's about him. Lightening pace and properly 2 footed. Had one big injury not long into that and basically finished his career. I remmeber watching his comeback game after the long lay off in pre season and he moved like a 35 year old. Pity.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Fcuk all the cnuts. Trossard's few touches at the end were worth at least £5m of his fee already.

Tony C
01-22-2023, 06:28 PM
I would call that a very smashing debut.

redgunamo
01-22-2023, 06:32 PM
Right. **** them all!

Fcuk all the cnuts. Trossard's few touches at the end were worth at least £5m of his fee already.

7sisters
01-22-2023, 06:44 PM
Right. **** them all!

Indeed Fcuk them all in the ear, as Berni would say..

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-22-2023, 06:54 PM
Worst case scenario we get pipped in the league by an oil/Arab club. Even so. It's possible we could have a scenario where we rest the big boys and play the first teamers in the UEFA cup late stages. We're in the CL worst case, if we fcuk the league we can go all out for the UEFA cup. At the start of the season i'd have been happy with the UEFA cup.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
03-01-2023, 10:55 PM
I have to say Trossard has been one of the smartest best value signings we've made in years. Every game he seems to play a key part in getting us the points. Cruical assit again today to kill the game at 3-0. He's paid for his transfer fee already as far as I'm concerned. Meanwhile that fella who bullied Celtic twice in the CL can't even get into the worst ever Chelsea team they've ever had.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-01-2023, 11:11 PM
I have to say Trossard has been one of the smartest best value signings we've made in years. Every game he seems to play a key part in getting us the points. Cruical assit again today to kill the game at 3-0. He's paid for his transfer fee already as far as I'm concerned. Meanwhile that fella who bullied Celtic twice in the CL can't even get into the worst ever Chelsea team they've ever had.

Seconded.

{10 wotsits.}

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
04-02-2023, 09:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhi2qQFgNU0

With Trossard being clinical yet again in the final 3rd leading to the key goal that won the game Mudryk was busy missing two sitters at home and costing Chelsea 3 points. 100m for a youth project player. :clap:

Tony C
04-02-2023, 11:34 AM
It shows how much people accept anything spouted by a Ukrainian.

They said he was world class and would win the ballon d’or and the media fell for it.

You knew Shaktar were full of BS when after selling him they instead decided to have digs at Edu…no class whatsoever.

He comes on as a 2nd half sub vs Liverpool on debut and plays barely 10 minutes vs James Milner lol and the commentators fall in love with him.

It was James fkin Milner and to be honest I thought he stood his ground even though he’s just too old now.

Anyways it seems like the only thing he’s done since he arrived as been to get two more neck tattoos on the other side of his next…some questionable blue butterflies.

Take away from this…maybe we need to dig a little deeper instead of blindly trusting everything said by a Ukrainian.