PDA

View Full Version : Will we announce this Mudryk fella today?

Pat Vegas
01-13-2023, 09:42 AM
we like Fridays I think.

Or will the club wait until Monday for some good news in case we lose sunday night? :hide:

PSRB
01-13-2023, 09:43 AM
we like Fridays I think.

Or will the club wait until Monday for some good news in case we lose sunday night? :hide:

Monday, I reckon

Pat Vegas
01-13-2023, 09:50 AM
Monday, I reckon

is he any good? I've watched some vidoes. seems very quick seems to set up a lot of deflected goals? I can't see where he fits in.

PSRB
01-13-2023, 10:04 AM
is he any good? I've watched some vidoes. seems very quick seems to set up a lot of deflected goals? I can't see where he fits in.

Cover for Saka and Martinelli. He looks decent (YouTube) but I can't imagine the Ukrainian league is all that. I would imagine Zinchenko has had a lot of influence on this signing

redgunamo
01-13-2023, 10:44 AM
Read the other week they want a hundred million quid for him. Yeah, cheers for that one then, Zinks :rolleyes:

Cover for Saka and Martinelli. He looks decent (YouTube) but I can't imagine the Ukrainian league is all that. I would imagine Zinchenko has had a lot of influence on this signing

PSRB
01-13-2023, 10:59 AM
Read the other week they want a hundred million quid for him. Yeah, cheers for that one then, Zinks :rolleyes:

I have some sympathy. Due to the war their players have been being loaned out for free and now coming back with 6 months on their contracts. They had one player worth £40m and they would have sold but he's now essentially worthless

redgunamo
01-14-2023, 12:31 PM
Fair enough, my heart bleeds for them too, I suppose, but surely the whole point of illegally tapping players up is so you get them on the cheap? And I'd never even heard of this chap three months ago
:-\

I have some sympathy. Due to the war their players have been being loaned out for free and now coming back with 6 months on their contracts. They had one player worth £40m and they would have sold but he's now essentially worthless

Pat Vegas
01-14-2023, 05:53 PM
We are so ****ing **** at getting transfers done. Alright chelsea throw the cash around but they can get it done in a day and we piss about for weeks.

Tony C
01-14-2023, 06:42 PM
I’m not sure he’s flying to London for a medical at Chelsea.

Probably wants to watch the NLD live imo.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-14-2023, 07:09 PM
Well whoever gets him is getting absolutely raped on this deal. You're paying near £100m for a raw prospect. Yes i'll admit his natural elite pace and two footedness look impressive but he hasn't done anything in a decent league. The Ukrainian league is a farmers league at best. "Oh but he scored 3 in 6 in the CL." Yeah as usual the CL group stage is being way over hyped. 2 of those goals were against a Scottish team for Christ sake. That's about the level of Eddie's two against Oxford Utd the other day.

So you're paying for his raw pace and power and nothing else really you're just hoping the potential kicks in. Similar happened back during the last generation when Walcott, Bale and Ronaldo were first snapped up. Two of those had a handful of games in the championship with Ronaldo being a bit part player for Porto. So they were gamble punts on potential elite players. The difference in those cases and Mudryk was they cost around £10m, which with inflation is about maybe £30m in todays money.

7sisters
01-14-2023, 07:10 PM
I’m not sure he’s flying to London for a medical at Chelsea.

Probably wants to watch the NLD live imo.

It’s quite funny though. Board meetings at Chelsea must be hilarious. They can basically dispense with a scouting network at this point.

Tony C
01-14-2023, 07:37 PM
Someone tell Todd we’re getting £40m bids for Cedric :thumbup:

I just hope he’s agreed a massive salary with them because it’s going to suck at the end of the season for him if we end up with a double or treble and he’s left with at best the Conference league to look forward too…I think those qualifiers start in July so it will be just like Ukrainian footie lol

Tony C
01-16-2023, 07:36 PM
As it turns out Chelsea and Shaktar have done us a favour.

Our priority now is a player who can adapt to our team and style of play quickly and help push us over the line for the title and take a crack at a double or treble.

I get the feeling we’re going so well that ending this with just a league title might seem like an underachievement.

As nice as it would’ve been to have a top young talent join our priority isn’t someone who needs to adapt, needs developing and may or may not be able to make a significant contribution to this season.

-

Also it won’t have sat well with me that over £20m is going towards funding a war….good or bad side don’t care.

redgunamo
01-16-2023, 07:47 PM
That midfielder from West Ham :-\

Give war a chance, imo.

As it turns out Chelsea and Shaktar have done us a favour.

Our priority now is a player who can adapt to our team and style of play quickly and help push us over the line for the title and take a crack at a double or treble.

I get the feeling we’re going so well that ending this with just a league title might seem like an underachievement.

As nice as it would’ve been to have a top young talent join our priority isn’t someone who needs to adapt, needs developing and may or may not be able to make a significant contribution to this season.

-

Also it won’t have sat well with me that over £20m is going towards funding a war….good or bad side don’t care.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-16-2023, 08:41 PM
All that bending us over the table over the fee then the cnuts just chuck £20m down the toilet. It’s like the scene in Batman where the Joker burns a big heap of money for the lolz.

PSRB
01-17-2023, 08:55 AM
That midfielder from West Ham :-\

Give war a chance, imo.

I'd rather we went all out for Bellingham but I think he's going to the scousers (if the Qatari's buy them)

redgunamo
01-17-2023, 10:53 AM
Yeah, same. My boy says he just has too many options so unlikely to choose us in any case :-\

I'd rather we went all out for Bellingham but I think he's going to the scousers (if the Qatari's buy them)

PSRB
01-17-2023, 11:33 AM
Yeah, same. My boy says he just has too many options so unlikely to choose us in any case :-\

He'd fit our project perfectly but as your lad says, too many other options and options that will pay silly money

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-18-2023, 03:51 PM
You do have to laugh at some of our really **** fans over this transfer not going through. 'Lee Gooner' AKA Cnut Gooner comes to mind. He's been on the rag over us not spunking £100m and monster wages on some unproven player all week. This is the same cnut that complains all season about us spending £30m on Fabio Vieira, a similar aged but more proven player.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-18-2023, 05:56 PM
You do have to laugh at some of our really **** fans over this transfer not going through. 'Lee Gooner' AKA Cnut Gooner comes to mind. He's been on the rag over us not spunking £100m and monster wages on some unproven player all week. This is the same cnut that complains all season about us spending £30m on Fabio Vieira, a similar aged but more proven player.

I really like Fabio. I wish MA would have more faith like when we were 0-0 vs the Geordies. When they're just defending we could bring him on for GX and hope he does his left foot wand assist trick.

Or for Zinny, and move GX to nominal LB but really tucked in next to TP5.

Or even Ben White and let Fabio and Saka double up on the right.

Hopefully having ESR back will help give us more options.

If Reiss was fit, I'd like to see him practice as a FB for these situations.

And to come on for our wingers etc if the game is as good as one.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-18-2023, 07:44 PM
I really like Fabio. I wish MA would have more faith like when we were 0-0 vs the Geordies. When they're just defending we could bring him on for GX and hope he does his left foot wand assist trick.

Or for Zinny, and move GX to nominal LB but really tucked in next to TP5.

Or even Ben White and let Fabio and Saka double up on the right.

Hopefully having ESR back will help give us more options.

If Reiss was fit, I'd like to see him practice as a FB for these situations.

And to come on for our wingers etc if the game is as good as one.

Fabio is settling in nicely. Especially considering he had no pre season. I supect he'll give us quality cover in either wing role as well as the Oden or Xhaka positions. He already replaced Xhaka in one tight game due to injury and got an important assist to win the game. I remember thinking as well at the time that Arteta should throw on Fabio against The Barcodes. I suspect in the back of Arteta's mind though he was thinking of the Old Trafford game where we were well on top and decided to change it and try and finish them off and then we ended up losing. The Mancs shouldn't be anywhere within striking distance of us in the league but for that fluke win. VAR cheated us basically. Hence i've got an uneasy feeling about those cnuts. It would be utterly sickening if they end up winning the title by a point or two over it.

I've decided from today to hex the Munich swine. I'm going to put money on them for every game where they can make points on us. Starting tonight. £50 to beat Palace. Then i'll keep adding the winnings on backing them untill they lose. So the winnings from that will be put on them to beat us next week and so on. You know you're in a title race when doing these black art tactics. My biggest bet ever came in these circumstances. As soon as the game finished where Eduardo broke his leg i stuck £500 on Utd to beat Fulham away I think. :(

Tony C
01-18-2023, 10:11 PM
If Zaha just had a bit more pace Palace would’ve had all 3 points.

Anyways 2 dropped points and Casimero banned on Sunday so pretty good.

A draw will suffice for us and we can kill off their challenge with the game in hand we now have or we just do it there and then on Sunday.

Main thing is for the players to stay focused and disciplined.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-18-2023, 10:16 PM
Dropping points like that in the last minute for the Mancs after their big winning run and Casimero banned will psychologically throw them way off for our game. The stars are aligning.

Luis Anaconda
01-19-2023, 11:09 AM
Fabio is settling in nicely. Especially considering he had no pre season. I supect he'll give us quality cover in either wing role as well as the Oden or Xhaka positions. He already replaced Xhaka in one tight game due to injury and got an important assist to win the game. I remember thinking as well at the time that Arteta should throw on Fabio against The Barcodes. I suspect in the back of Arteta's mind though he was thinking of the Old Trafford game where we were well on top and decided to change it and try and finish them off and then we ended up losing. The Mancs shouldn't be anywhere within striking distance of us in the league but for that fluke win. VAR cheated us basically. Hence i've got an uneasy feeling about those cnuts. It would be utterly sickening if they end up winning the title by a point or two over it.

I've decided from today to hex the Munich swine. I'm going to put money on them for every game where they can make points on us. Starting tonight. £50 to beat Palace. Then i'll keep adding the winnings on backing them untill they lose. So the winnings from that will be put on them to beat us next week and so on. You know you're in a title race when doing these black art tactics. My biggest bet ever came in these circumstances. As soon as the game finished where Eduardo broke his leg i stuck £500 on Utd to beat Fulham away I think. :(

I was wondering what I had done wrong for a second

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-19-2023, 01:27 PM

Fifty quid well spent last night, mate. Keep it up.