PDA

View Full Version : Not sure the new Chelsea hierarchy quite GET football

PSRB
01-05-2023, 02:40 PM
7.5 year contract for their new signing
Having no discernible transfer policy other than going after players that we're interested in
Pissing off Benfica in their pursuit of Enzo to the point where Benfica are publically slagging off Boehly

WES
01-05-2023, 03:16 PM
Having no discernible transfer policy other than going after players that we're interested in
Pissing off Benfica in their pursuit of Enzo to the point where Benfica are publically slagging off Boehly

You mean the fact that their Yank owner wants to explore the possibility of a Northern teams/Southern teams all-star game suggests he might be out of touch with English football culture?

:clap:

PSRB
01-05-2023, 03:45 PM
You mean the fact that their Yank owner wants to explore the possibility of a Northern teams/Southern teams all-star game suggests he might be out of touch with English football culture?

Forgot about that one :hehe:

Tony C
01-05-2023, 05:00 PM
The North vs South thing was hilarious lol

I’d only be interested if it was as high calibre as the State of Origin games.

Which it won’t be and even if you could manufacture that same level of hatred, rivalry and competition show me one club that will release a player for a game like that lol

The guy is a clown bringing these ideas over here. But think we knew that already with some of his signings. He got raped with that Forfana deal lol

Are we sure about how he accumulated his monies…im getting Allen Stanford vibes with him.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-05-2023, 06:23 PM

Which it won’t be and even if you could manufacture that same level of hatred, rivalry and competition show me one club that will release a player for a game like that lol

The guy is a clown bringing these ideas over here. But think we knew that already with some of his signings. He got raped with that Forfana deal lol

Are we sure about how he accumulated his monies…im getting Allen Stanford vibes with him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eY8GSe96UEA

Surprised how close the league is now to this.

PSRB
01-06-2023, 09:58 AM

Was Cucerella his or the Russians? He was bloody awful last night!!

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-06-2023, 11:10 AM

Apparently, there's an FA-PL-EFL meeting going on. Changes to both cups proposed. Plus more cash for Divs 2, 3 and 4.

AND al all star game with max of two players from each PL team vs European league equivalents.

Oh, and the Charity Shield to be played in the US.

I wonder who came up with those ideas?

pjlincs
01-06-2023, 04:08 PM
Apparently, there's an FA-PL-EFL meeting going on. Changes to both cups proposed. Plus more cash for Divs 2, 3 and 4.

AND al all star game with max of two players from each PL team vs European league equivalents.

Oh, and the Charity Shield to be played in the US.

I wonder who came up with those ideas?

But the Community Shield match to remain at Wembley?

We were the first winners of the Community Shield in 2002 I believe.

I've never watched a Charity / Community Shield game, even when we've been involved. Glorified friendly.

PSRB
01-09-2023, 03:43 PM

Now trying to get Joao Felix :hehe:

01-09-2023, 04:26 PM
But the Community Shield match to remain at Wembley?

We were the first winners of the Community Shield in 2002 I believe.

I've never watched a Charity / Community Shield game, even when we've been involved. Glorified friendly.

Don't give a fück about 2002. IMO in a double year they should cancel it hand just hand it to us. It's called the Charity Shield.

pjlincs
01-09-2023, 05:45 PM
Don't give a fück about 2002. IMO in a double year they should cancel it hand just hand it to us. It's called the Charity Shield.

No it's not. Rather than give the money to charities as they should have been doing, the FA changed the name of the competition. Twenty years ago.

WES
01-09-2023, 07:12 PM
You have to love the Rent Boys - they’re manager looks like he might be losing the dressing room and there is a lack of leadership so they bring in someone on loan on huge wages who just fell out with his manager :clap:

PSRB
01-10-2023, 10:04 AM
You have to love the Rent Boys - they’re manager looks like he might be losing the dressing room and there is a lack of leadership so they bring in someone on loan on huge wages who just fell out with his manager :clap:

He's also a cherry on top type of player, not the player you need when you're mid-table and in free fall.

Tony C
01-10-2023, 02:48 PM
Did they get conned into an obligation to buy as well?

I know he’s a billionaire but he’s going to be broke doing these transfers.

PSRB
01-10-2023, 03:44 PM
Did they get conned into an obligation to buy as well?

I know he’s a billionaire but he’s going to be broke doing these transfers.

Nope, no obligation to buy, in fact, no option to buy. Very odd deal. I'm sure Potter is pulling his hair out

01-10-2023, 04:55 PM
No it's not. Rather than give the money to charities as they should have been doing, the FA changed the name of the competition. Twenty years ago.

Hang on. They don't give the monies to charity any more? Who do they give it to?

pjlincs
01-10-2023, 05:34 PM
Hang on. They don't give the monies to charity any more? Who do they give it to?

The FA had an email from a Nigerian prince . . . . . . . .

(Some) Money does still go to charities and projects nominated by clubs but avoids scrutiny by the Charity Commission since the name change. Not that the FA would be doing anything underhand and lacking transparency you understand.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-10-2023, 06:53 PM

The best was signing shot Auba for £20 million and £350'000 a week specifically because he got on well with Tuchel and then sacking Tuchel 3 days later. :hehe:

WES
01-11-2023, 09:03 AM
He's also a cherry on top type of player, not the player you need when you're mid-table and in free fall.

Mind you - and along lines that I know you will appreciate - having just seen a picture of his bird I'm gutted we missed out :cry:

01-12-2023, 12:40 AM
The FA had an email from a Nigerian prince . . . . . . . .

(Some) Money does still go to charities and projects nominated by clubs but avoids scrutiny by the Charity Commission since the name change. Not that the FA would be doing anything underhand and lacking transparency you understand.

You are joking. Richest league in the world and we can't give all the dosh from one annual, glorified friendly to those in need?

That's sick.

redgunamo
01-12-2023, 11:18 AM
Indeed. Though that new Danish blonde we signed looks .. er .. tasty :kühl:

Mind you - and along lines that I know you will appreciate - having just seen a picture of his bird I'm gutted we missed out :cry:

PSRB
01-13-2023, 09:25 AM

His debut went well :hehe:

PSRB
01-13-2023, 01:20 PM
Indeed. Though that new Danish blonde we signed looks .. er .. tasty :kühl:

See also our new Canadian keeper :-p