PDA

View Full Version : Shirley we must have an ETA on the return of Jesus by now?

WES
12-19-2022, 02:47 PM
The Brazilian won, not the godly won.

:sherlock:

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
12-19-2022, 02:53 PM
Start of next season hopefully he’ll be flying again.

PSRB
12-19-2022, 03:24 PM

25th February vs Leicester

WES
12-19-2022, 04:13 PM
25th February vs Leicester

Misses the City game if true :-(

redgunamo
12-20-2022, 03:03 PM
The way things are going, bet on the latter coming back first :-|

Maravilloso Marvo
12-21-2022, 09:00 AM
Should be back by about Easter.

Oh wait, you said not that one.

pjlincs
12-21-2022, 09:39 AM
Should be back by about Easter.

Oh wait, you said not that one.

Talking of Brazilian wons, could Martinelli play central with ESR on the left in Jesus's absence?

Luis Anaconda
12-21-2022, 09:57 AM
Talking of Brazilian wons, could Martinelli play central with ESR on the left in Jesus's absence?

He could - Arteta said as much in his interview yesterday

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
12-21-2022, 10:45 AM

He'll do well against a high line defence without much adaptation needed. Similar to young Edward. From the top of my head his performances is very good against the big 6. It's against the low block where the problems are going to come. Here below is Jesus's heat map. The deep positions he's taking up, even when not scoring is vital to how we play. This deep hold up play unlocks everything. Xhaka getting into the box more. Our wingbacks playing as sneaky extra midfielders and of course getting Martineli and Saka up the pitch into dangerous positions.

https://i.ibb.co/8Drz4Y8/arsenal-heatmap.jpg

It's a massive hole in our system and was the one injury we really couldn't cope with. Maybe Arteta knows something we don't know and someone like ESR can shock us and play the Jesus role.

PSRB
12-21-2022, 10:48 AM
He could - Arteta said as much in his interview yesterday

I'd almost rather he play GM up top rather than Eddie. Pace, good in the air, strong and a decent finisher. Almost daft not to try him

WES
12-21-2022, 02:18 PM

Yup. always seen Gabi M as our long term no 9 - a conversion a la Henry, no reason not to start now I think

Until we sell him to Madrid, of course :-(

Tony C
12-21-2022, 07:56 PM
New striker on the way….deal agreed for Hercules Wreh from FC Monrovia…Christopher Wreh’s son. Scored 26 goals last season for then and currently on 8 in 6 games for then this season.

Undisclosed fee.

Luis Anaconda
12-22-2022, 09:31 AM
New striker on the way….deal agreed for Hercules Wreh from FC Monrovia…Christopher Wreh’s son. Scored 26 goals last season for then and currently on 8 in 6 games for then this season.

Undisclosed fee.

Sounds like he would labour under the pressure. Probably a load of (Cretan) Bull though. Hope we don't come to regret with (Ceryneian) Hindsight