PDA

View Full Version : Canada are quite good

Pat Vegas
11-23-2022, 08:27 PM
Apart from being not very good to take pens, shoot, free kicks or corners.

WES
11-24-2022, 08:26 AM
Apart from being not very good to take pens, shoot, free kicks or corners.

Still should have won, pissed all over those useless Belgies.

Not too sure how anyone can defend VAR anymore. The debacle in the England game and then not awarding a clear penalty to Canada after we missed the first one.

Rio said it was 'clumsy' while looking sheepish. No Rio, you wobbly gobbed tosser, it was a nailed on pen and should have been given.

VAR is a joke and should be binned and people should be brave enough to say it. It ruins the great moments in the game while causing more controversy than we had without it.

VAR, like, totally sucks dude.

PSRB
11-24-2022, 08:33 AM

Not too sure how anyone can defend VAR anymore. The debacle in the England game and then not awarding a clear penalty to Canada after we missed the first one.

Rio said it was 'clumsy' while looking sheepish. No Rio, you wobbly gobbed tosser, it was a nailed on pen and should have been given.

VAR is a joke and should be binned and people should be brave enough to say it. It ruins the great moments in the game while causing more controversy than we had without it.

You'd have missed it anyway. Cow's arse, banjo, springs to mind

WES
11-24-2022, 08:51 AM

:vsign: :vsign: :vsign:

Luis Anaconda
11-24-2022, 09:35 AM

Not sure why Davies took the pen - David should have. Odd choice as Davies (a very fine player of course) had never take a pen before in a competitive match

WES
11-24-2022, 09:39 AM
Not sure why Davies took the pen - David should have. Odd choice as Davies (a very fine player of course) had never take a pen before in a competitive match

Yeah, David takes pens and is 9/12 with Lille so very surprising that he didn't take it

Luis Anaconda
11-24-2022, 09:42 AM

Ah, the Wes v Neg derby. I assume he won the comb then

PSRB
11-24-2022, 09:43 AM
Ah, the Wes v Neg derby. I assume he won the comb then

:hehe: :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
11-24-2022, 09:50 AM

Not totally convinced by VAR but without it Canada wouldn't have got the first pen either. Not that it mattered

WES
11-24-2022, 10:02 AM
Not totally convinced by VAR but without it Canada wouldn't have got the first pen either. Not that it mattered

It's a general comment on VAR not the impact of VAR on this game.

If it creates more controversy than we had with referees and ruins the spontaneity of the game, is that worth getting a few more calls correct?

I think not.

Luis Anaconda
11-24-2022, 10:09 AM
It's a general comment on VAR not the impact of VAR on this game.

If it creates more controversy than we had with referees and ruins the spontaneity of the game, is that worth getting a few more calls correct?

I think not.
As a general point I agree - it is not proving the benefit it should. Possibly because all refs are ****s whether they are on the pitch or watching a telly

WES
11-24-2022, 10:12 AM
As a general point I agree - it is not proving the benefit it should. Possibly because all refs are ****s whether they are on the pitch or watching a telly

Yes, the fundamental motivation was that technology would address human error.

The problem is that the technology is in the hands of human beings, who are simply making different errors rather than none at all.

Bin the f*cking thing. Was surprised to see that Paul Joyce in the Times agreed. Not many in the media seem to.

PSRB
11-24-2022, 10:36 AM
Yes, the fundamental motivation was that technology would address human error.

The problem is that the technology is in the hands of human beings, who are simply making different errors rather than none at all.

Bin the f*cking thing. Was surprised to see that Paul Joyce in the Times agreed. Not many in the media seem to.

The ref would have given that 2nd one as a penalty without VAR, imo. Instead he thought I'll let VAR to tell me to have a look, which they didn't.