PDA

View Full Version : Fixtures have probably been kind but we’re there on merit.

7sisters
11-14-2022, 01:21 PM
The Kroenke’s will never get a better chance to lift the PL; hoping they’ll back Arteta in the window. Spuds, Newcastle and Utd have more quality depth squads at this point. If we’re still there at the end of Jan, it might just be on. COYG.

PSRB
11-14-2022, 01:42 PM
The Kroenke’s will never get a better chance to lift the PL; hoping they’ll back Arteta in the window. Spuds, Newcastle and Utd have more quality depth squads at this point. If we’re still there at the end of Jan, it might just be on. COYG.

Stronger squads? United possibly, Newcastle certainly don't and not really sure spurs do either.

Dec/Jan fixtures will really sort out where we end up
West Ham (H) - 3 points
Brighton (A) - 1 point
Newcastle (H) - 3 points
scum (A) - 1 point
Man United (H) - 3 points
Everton (A) - 3 points

I'd be delighted with that.

I suspect we'll get nothing away at the scum and Brighton we just can't seem to play well against!

7sisters
11-14-2022, 02:03 PM
Stronger squads? United possibly, Newcastle certainly don't and not really sure spurs do either.

West Ham (H) - 3 points
Brighton (A) - 1 point
Newcastle (H) - 3 points
scum (A) - 1 point
Everton (A) - 3 points

I suspect we'll get nothing away at the scum and Brighton we just can't seem to play well against!

Fair call on the pts but I’m still of the view we’re conceding depth in quality. We’re screwed if Partey, Xhaka or Jesus get injured. The barcodes have been without Isak and St M for weeks but can still fall back on Wilson, Joelinton & Wood. We’re down to Nketiah, meh. Spuds are still clinging on to third with Son, Richarlison and Kulusevski missing for games ?
I’m just not convinced we can cope with a couple of long term injuries when you factor in the bench. ESR is really our only proven back up. The midfield, in particular, looks desperately thin.

PSRB
11-14-2022, 02:20 PM
Fair call on the pts but I’m still of the view we’re conceding depth in quality. We’re screwed if Partey, Xhaka or Jesus get injured. The barcodes have been without Isak and St M for weeks but can still fall back on Wilson, Joelinton & Wood. We’re down to Nketiah, meh. Spuds are still clinging on to third with Son, Richarlison and Kulusevski missing for games ?
I’m just not convinced we can cope with a couple of long term injuries when you factor in the bench. ESR is really our only proven back up. The midfield, in particular, looks desperately thin.

Both spurs and :barcode: have nowhere near the depth defensively that we do. Kane gets injured and spurs are ****ed. I literally have no idea how spurs are still in the top 4. 2 weeks on the bounce they've scraped a win when undeserved

7sisters
11-14-2022, 02:35 PM
Both spurs and :barcode: have nowhere near the depth defensively that we do. Kane gets injured and spurs are ****ed. I literally have no idea how spurs are still in the top 4. 2 weeks on the bounce they've scraped a win when undeserved

That’s true. We’re so used to them capitulating; their new found resilience when falling behind is beginning to seriously p1ss me off.

WES
11-14-2022, 03:15 PM

West Ham (H) - 3 points
Brighton (A) - 1 point
Newcastle (H) - 3 points
scum (A) - 1 point
Everton (A) - 3 points

Do we have any idea when the City game is likely to be re-scheduled for? :rubchin:

PSRB
11-14-2022, 03:41 PM
Do we have any idea when the City game is likely to be re-scheduled for? :rubchin:

No, I don't think so. Also have the Everton home game to rearrange as well

Luis Anaconda
11-14-2022, 04:53 PM
No, I don't think so. Also have the Everton home game to rearrange as well

Probably be made to play them back to back

PSRB
11-14-2022, 05:22 PM
Probably be made to play them back to back

I believe we have avoided that fate by topping our EL group, whereas United will have to play back to back games due to available fixture dates.

Luis Anaconda
11-14-2022, 05:53 PM
I believe we have avoided that fate by topping our EL group, whereas United will have to play back to back games due to available fixture dates.

Ah well :hehe:

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
11-14-2022, 07:41 PM
Imperative that we out buy Newcastle while we still can. This might be the last window where that's possible. From the sound of things the Kroenke's give the green light during the last mid season window to go out and spunk £70m on that Vlahovic chap. So the money must be there for a big must have signing Edu/Arteta demand.

Trying to think who we could feasibly get up front who could give us the depth to win the league?

Mitrović 60m
Ivan Toney £60m
Tammy Abraham £45m
(The wildcard) Zaha £50m
Cross Dresser Lewin £15m

I could see Tammy Abraham being a dark horse here. We weren't far off getting him prior before Mourinho stepped in. He's had an average season so far hence it culd be a great time to do buisness. We badly need someone in this mould. The drop in quality in hold up play between Eddie and Jesus is staggering. He may be 5'7 and built like a 12 year old but Jesus with his back to goal plays like a prime Chris Sutton or John Hartson. If he's out for 4 or 5 league games that could be the difference in a title or not.

PSRB
11-15-2022, 09:31 AM
Imperative that we out buy Newcastle while we still can. This might be the last window where that's possible. From the sound of things the Kroenke's give the green light during the last mid season window to go out and spunk £70m on that Vlahovic chap. So the money must be there for a big must have signing Edu/Arteta demand.

Trying to think who we could feasibly get up front who could give us the depth to win the league?

Mitrović 60m
Ivan Toney £60m
Tammy Abraham £45m
(The wildcard) Zaha £50m
Cross Dresser Lewin £15m

I could see Tammy Abraham being a dark horse here. We weren't far off getting him prior before Mourinho stepped in. He's had an average season so far hence it culd be a great time to do buisness. We badly need someone in this mould. The drop in quality in hold up play between Eddie and Jesus is staggering. He may be 5'7 and built like a 12 year old but Jesus with his back to goal plays like a prime Chris Sutton or John Hartson. If he's out for 4 or 5 league games that could be the difference in a title or not.

I like the idea of Toney, very different player to either Jesus or Eddie. Great hold up player, which with our runners from midfield could be very helpful.

Pat Vegas
11-15-2022, 09:44 AM
I like the idea of Toney, very different player to either Jesus or Eddie. Great hold up player, which with our runners from midfield could be very helpful.

If we put a striker on and keep Jesus on the pitch too which we have to. Who makes way? it's tricky