PDA

View Full Version : PSV cancelled, FFS

PSRB
09-12-2022, 12:46 PM
I would imagine weekend fixture will be cancelled.

Next game is now 3 weeks away, the small matter of the NLD

Maravilloso Marvo
09-12-2022, 03:13 PM

We were gonna get gubbed anyway.

PSRB
09-12-2022, 03:33 PM
We were gonna get gubbed anyway.

9 games in October apparently.

Will of course be hilarious when various England players get injuries ruling them out the WC. The greater this WC is as a failure then better

Tony C
09-12-2022, 03:39 PM
Should’ve said we’re having a get together of gay PSV and Arsenal fans.

Would’ve got the whole force out for the game.

Tony C
09-12-2022, 03:40 PM
Even funnier with Southfail’s hardline on the jab.

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2022, 09:00 AM

Brentford going ahead at least. Not sure about a 12 O'clock kick off. Hopefully that takes some steam out of their crowd which is a big thing for them

PSRB
09-13-2022, 11:09 AM
Even funnier with Southfail’s hardline on the jab.

Ecuador about to be booted out the World Cup for playing a chap with a fake passport

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-ecuador-world-cup-expulsion-byron-castillo

Tony C
09-13-2022, 11:38 AM
I remember this lol but thought it was thrown out.

There’s two problems…

1. Chile, Colombia and Peru waited until after all of the group games had been played to raise the issue so put it seemed like sour grapes and a last desperate attempt.

2. Peru already played their extra qualifier vs Australia and lost but throwing out Ecuador means they finish 4th and qualify automatically and Colombia should get a chance to do a qualifier….what do you do? Ring up the Aussies and tell them to play Colombia now for a place.

Messy…I suppose you have to go through…remove all of the Ecuador results so it’s like they never took park and then whoever finishes 4th and 5th in the recalculation you make them play a one off game for the final spot.

Have the match at the Emirates :nod: we’ve hosted Brazil-Argentina so this will be a doddle.

PSRB
09-13-2022, 12:00 PM
I remember this lol but thought it was thrown out.

There’s two problems…

1. Chile, Colombia and Peru waited until after all of the group games had been played to raise the issue so put it seemed like sour grapes and a last desperate attempt.

2. Peru already played their extra qualifier vs Australia and lost but throwing out Ecuador means they finish 4th and qualify automatically and Colombia should get a chance to do a qualifier….what do you do? Ring up the Aussies and tell them to play Colombia now for a place.

Messy…I suppose you have to go through…remove all of the Ecuador results so it’s like they never took park and then whoever finishes 4th and 5th in the recalculation you make them play a one off game for the final spot.

Have the match at the Emirates :nod: we’ve hosted Brazil-Argentina so this will be a doddle.

Based on the matches affected and if all resulted in 3-0 default wins, Chile would then qualify for the play-off spot....an amusing mess

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2022, 01:06 PM
Based on the matches affected and if all resulted in 3-0 default wins, Chile would then qualify for the play-off spot....an amusing mess

I have a feeling they'll just ignore it.

On a South American note - interesting to see Utd fans gloating that their players have been called up by Brazil while our trio haven't.

Edu's pulled a smart one here (although I doubt Gabriel will make the final squad anyway, Martinelli probably will and Jesus is a cert)

PSRB
09-13-2022, 01:14 PM

On a South American note - interesting to see Utd fans gloating that their players have been called up by Brazil while our trio haven't.

Edu's pulled a smart one here (although I doubt Gabriel will make the final squad anyway, Martinelli probably will and Jesus is a cert)

On the flip side, I think ESR will miss out on WC place. Injury and cancelled matches have screwed his chances.

I don't think they can ignore it...then again, it's FIFA

Tony C
09-13-2022, 01:49 PM
Yep I think everyone missed the point on the World Cup this year.

I would say for your average manager has his squad already picked and it’s mostly down to whose fit and playing well.

The idea a player needed CL football to get in is a joke.

I think a real wild card for Southfail would be Balogun if he keeps scoring for fun.

At least on the standby list.

PSRB
09-13-2022, 03:41 PM
Yep I think everyone missed the point on the World Cup this year.

I would say for your average manager has his squad already picked and it’s mostly down to whose fit and playing well.

The idea a player needed CL football to get in is a joke.

I think a real wild card for Southfail would be Balogun if he keeps scoring for fun.

At least on the standby list.

Wonder what odds you can get on Harry Kane getting an injury that rules him out of the WC tonight? :rubchin:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-13-2022, 07:43 PM

I refuse to believe the Brazza's have a better CH than Gabby. Brazza's attack like peak-Wengerball but know nothing about defending.

cf David Luiz {or even Santos though I liked him cos he never played for the Chavs.}

Who have they got as CH? 'Arrreee Magweereenyo?

redgunamo
09-15-2022, 09:16 AM
In fairness, they're pretty well-stacked throughout. ANY of our lads can consider themselves lucky if they make the cut.

I refuse to believe the Brazza's have a better CH than Gabby. Brazza's attack like peak-Wengerball but know nothing about defending.

cf David Luiz {or even Santos though I liked him cos he never played for the Chavs.}

Who have they got as CH? 'Arrreee Magweereenyo?

09-15-2022, 01:03 PM
In fairness, they're pretty well-stacked throughout. ANY of our lads can consider themselves lucky if they make the cut.

Fair play. I don't follow intl football but will give the Brazza's a quick glance in the WC if our lads are playing.

Who are their CHs? Anyone I'd have heard of? How did that coont Luiz win intl caps?

redgunamo
09-16-2022, 08:28 AM
Right. I don't know who the current chosen ones are but they've got Marquinhos (not our one; chap at PSG), Éder Militão, recently joined Real Madrid but possibly injured right now, and Bremer who plays for Juve.

Also there's Roger Ibañez at Roma, often deployed at CB but also a DM, and that old geezer at Chelsea, Thiago Silva.

I do like our Gabriel (Magalhães) though, because he's a "southpaw".

Fair play. I don't follow intl football but will give the Brazza's a quick glance in the WC if our lads are playing.

Who are their CHs? Anyone I'd have heard of? How did that coont Luiz win intl caps?

09-16-2022, 03:34 PM
Right. I don't know who the current chosen ones are but they've got Marquinhos (not our one; chap at PSG), Éder Militão, recently joined Real Madrid but possibly injured right now, and Bremer who plays for Juve.

Also there's Roger Ibañez at Roma, often deployed at CB but also a DM, and that old geezer at Chelsea, Thiago Silva.

I do like our Gabriel (Magalhães) though, because he's a "southpaw".

Ah, ok. So they do have a few. Our Gabby's been incredibly impressive since he signed. I rate the fella.

Luis Anaconda
09-19-2022, 09:35 AM

Same reason he won the league and cup in three different countries, the Champions League and the Europa League. He was a damned good player. If you can't see that, you really have no credibility

09-19-2022, 09:55 PM
Same reason he won the league and cup in three different countries, the Champions League and the Europa League. He was a damned good player. If you can't see that, you really have no credibility

I only watched him in Red and White. And he was a Cünt.

Luis Anaconda
09-20-2022, 08:36 AM
I only watched him in Red and White. And he was a Cünt.

He really wasn't - check out his massive contribution to the FA Cup win for a start

09-20-2022, 05:27 PM
He really wasn't - check out his massive contribution to the FA Cup win for a start

Don't try to use facts on me, LA. Won't work. In the old days we could sign Chavs like GG {him, not me} and John Hollins and all would be good. Ever since they've become the spawn of satan, all our signings have made us worse. Gallas, Cech, Luiz, Willian. Hate them all. I raise you a Paddy Jennings, Willie Young and Sol Campbell. Says it all, imo.

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Don't try to use facts on me, LA. Won't work. In the old days we could sign Chavs like GG {him, not me} and John Hollins and all would be good. Ever since they've become the spawn of satan, all our signings have made us worse. Gallas, Cech, Luiz, Willian. Hate them all. I raise you a Paddy Jennings, Willie Young and Sol Campbell. Says it all, imo.
Oh, I full appreciate your point of view, gg. It is what football is about after all. Hating Chelsea.

Can't believe you left out Steve Walford from the Spurs signings. Best celebration ever

PSRB
09-21-2022, 10:00 AM
Oh, I full appreciate your point of view, gg. It is what football is about after all. Hating Chelsea.

Can't believe you left out Steve Walford from the Spurs signings. Best celebration ever

I see Munich are unsettling Kane :-) Levy should have cashed in 2 seasons ago....mind you, Kane should also have left them then.

09-21-2022, 11:01 AM

Ouch. I'd honestly forgotten about him. Our sub in '79.

But yes, this modern Chelsea are evil. Vile club.

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2022, 11:15 AM
I see Munich are unsettling Kane :-) Levy should have cashed in 2 seasons ago....mind you, Kane should also have left them then.

He would love it here