PDA

View Full Version : The lead is now 300

Tony C
07-04-2022, 10:17 AM
I think they can declare now (obviously not) but they’ve got better bowlers than those Kiwi morons to defend this now.

Got to hope Jasprit pulls a Root and declares too late. He’s new to this so maybe he completely blows it.

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2022, 10:32 AM
I think they can declare now (obviously not) but they’ve got better bowlers than those Kiwi morons to defend this now.

Got to hope Jasprit pulls a Root and declares too late. He’s new to this so maybe he completely blows it.
We're not batting four sessions, might as well go to tea

Tony C
07-04-2022, 12:34 PM
Tell you what…if India come out bowling sloppy then England have a squeak.

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2022, 12:41 PM

Would be a good time for the Crawley experiment to come off. Can't see it though

WES
07-04-2022, 02:10 PM

Nice start, chasing 297 at this point is starting to look reasonable.

And as we all know, English batters NEVER collapse :-)

WES
07-04-2022, 02:24 PM
Nice start, chasing 297 at this point is starting to look reasonable.

And as we all know, English batters NEVER collapse :-)

Brilliant. 100/0 and no sign of a wicket falling anywhere

WES
07-04-2022, 02:37 PM
Brilliant. 100/0 and no sign of a wicket falling anywhere

Oopsie :-)

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2022, 02:38 PM
:redcard: You can have no arguments, Wes

WES
07-04-2022, 02:40 PM
:redcard: You can have no arguments, Wes

Fairy muff :driving:

Tony C
07-04-2022, 02:42 PM
A little deceptive because India didn’t show up.

Maybe they thought the game was over :shrug:

Jasprit needs to fire them up during Tea…but he never seemed like that sort of player to me.

WES
07-04-2022, 03:06 PM
A little deceptive because India didn’t show up.

Maybe they thought the game was over :shrug:

Jasprit needs to fire them up during Tea…but he never seemed like that sort of player to me.

Oh dear :-(

WES
07-04-2022, 03:08 PM
Oh dear :-(

Lets' be honest, because it's India, had we got to 200/0 today everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, would have been thinking this was bent as f*ck.

Thankfully, the two wickets have put that thought out of our minds :-)

PSRB
07-04-2022, 03:09 PM
Lets' be honest, because it's India, had we got to 200/0 today everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, would have been thinking this was bent as f*ck.

Thankfully, the two wickets have put that thought out of our minds :-)

Stupid run out, 3 down now

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-04-2022, 04:20 PM

I wondered whose fault that was.

Tony C
07-04-2022, 04:34 PM
England odds on now…oh dear.

India were day dreaming for most of them day then thought a couple overs after tea would work :shrug:

PSRB
07-05-2022, 10:57 AM
England odds on now…oh dear.

India were day dreaming for most of them day then thought a couple overs after tea would work :shrug:

Hundreds for Root and Bairstow, doing this at a canter

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2022, 12:27 PM
Hundreds for Root and Bairstow, doing this at a canter

I'm not comfortable with this winning easily lark. Very un-English

PSRB
07-05-2022, 12:29 PM
I'm not comfortable with this winning easily lark. Very un-English

Could see it completely rattled India, do feel that we have unfortunately shown our hand too early in regards the next Ashes series

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2022, 12:39 PM
Could see it completely rattled India, do feel that we have unfortunately shown our hand too early in regards the next Ashes series

The change had to come - we have a year to calm down. maybe even Stokes can learn not to try to hit every ball for six by next summer

PSRB
07-05-2022, 12:42 PM
The change had to come - we have a year to calm down. maybe even Stokes can learn not to try to hit every ball for six by next summer

Yes, was working at County level but test is a different level

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-05-2022, 02:20 PM

You mean the Stokes who scored 2 or 3 off 40 balls the eve before the Headingley miracle? The Stokes who has one of the two best forward defensives in the team?

Oh, you mean if the new Bazball Stokes can be sure that the team now get the script and he play with a mix of sense an aggression like he used to?

But yes, this is a bit un-English winning like this.

I remember 4 test series where both KP and Bell scored 2 Daddy tons each. Bit in 4 tests, YJB and Root have 3 eat, and an unbeaten 70/80 in a run-chase. If Pope had scored fewer or NZ more, that would be 4 in 4 for both.

PS Lees - yea or nay?

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2022, 02:24 PM
You mean the Stokes who scored 2 or 3 off 40 balls the eve before the Headingley miracle? The Stokes who has one of the two best forward defensives in the team?

Oh, you mean if the new Bazball Stokes can be sure that the team now get the script and he play with a mix of sense an aggression like he used to?

But yes, this is a bit un-English winning like this.

I remember 4 test series where both KP and Bell scored 2 Daddy tons each. Bit in 4 tests, YJB and Root have 3 eat, and an unbeaten 70/80 in a run-chase. If Pope had scored fewer or NZ more, that would be 4 in 4 for both.

PS Lees - yea or nay?
Was specifically referring to the Stokes of this summer - I think he has a superb technique normally.

I like Lees - definitely worth a run for the rest of the summer. Not many options out there that haven't been tried

redgunamo
07-05-2022, 02:56 PM
We're actually quite good at this game.

On our day ..

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2022, 03:48 PM
We're actually quite good at this game.

On our day ..

We've all had our day, red

redgunamo
07-05-2022, 08:26 PM
Yep. All washed up now, as the man says :-(

We've all had our day, red