PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Belgian, Headgear and Norwegian Gooner

Dutch Gooner
06-30-2022, 10:55 AM
Have been away from awimb for the past 6 years.....are the above members still around ?

WES
06-30-2022, 12:36 PM
Have been away from awimb for the past 6 years.....are the above members still around ?

No, no and no.

It's a very select group nowadays mate. :nod:

PSRB
06-30-2022, 12:49 PM

Can be found roaming around Twitter, Facebook, etc

Luis Anaconda
06-30-2022, 12:53 PM
Can be found roaming around Twitter, Facebook, etc

And in Headgear's case, the local park

Dutch Gooner
06-30-2022, 01:14 PM
No, no and no.

It's a very select group nowadays mate. :nod:

😁👍...natural selection

pjlincs
06-30-2022, 04:00 PM

Are you in NL? If so, where?

Chief Arrowhead
06-30-2022, 04:41 PM
😁👍...natural selection

The fact that I am still here lays waste to any notion of 'select'. I am the Mohamed Elneny of AWIMB.

Tony C
06-30-2022, 06:02 PM
Most left with Jorge in the great Twitter exodus.

Dutch Gooner
07-01-2022, 06:51 AM
Are you in NL? If so, where?
No I am in DK, in Copenhagen

WES
07-01-2022, 07:05 AM
Most left with Jorge in the great Twitter exodus.

Hmmm maybe - most left during the AWIMB Inquisitions when Headgear and others started banning people. greg mitchell was banned, then his mates left, then Fatneck objected, then he was banned, then his mates left etc etc

Shame really :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-01-2022, 07:58 AM
It's eight years ago that Headgear descended into madness and started banning for ridiculous reasons. The whole modd saga was the trigger. Whether he was a spoof or not was irrelevant - he was polluting the board with his facile drivel - but Headgear decided to be his protector.

It's curious to look at SIMB now. Most of the same members still there, pretty much the same format, and still very lively every day. We are like the last remaining soaks refusing to leave the bar in a defunct old nightclub long after the staff and performers have all gone home :-(

WES
07-01-2022, 08:18 AM
It's eight years ago that Headgear descended into madness and started banning for ridiculous reasons. The whole modd saga was the trigger. Whether he was a spoof or not was irrelevant - he was polluting the board with his facile drivel - but Headgear decided to be his protector.

It's curious to look at SIMB now. Most of the same members still there, pretty much the same format, and still very lively every day. We are like the last remaining soaks refusing to leave the bar in a defunct old nightclub long after the staff and performers have all gone home :-(

Maybe AWIMBers just grew up and realised that spending your life on an internet board was sort of pathetic, Herb. :shrug:

Spurs supporters relish being pathetic :nod:

And to be clear, I'm rarely on here :hide:

PSRB
07-01-2022, 09:08 AM
Maybe AWIMBers just grew up and realised that spending your life on an internet board was sort of pathetic, Herb. :shrug:

Spurs supporters relish being pathetic :nod:

And to be clear, I'm rarely on here :hide:

I think this place could still work, but it's desperately in need of a refresh

WES
07-01-2022, 09:21 AM
I think this place could still work, but it's desperately in need of a refresh

A freshen up technically or just some new blood? Or both?

PSRB
07-01-2022, 09:26 AM
A freshen up technically or just some new blood? Or both?

Well I think a technical refresh would bring in fresh blood. Too many adverts, outdated and the Footymad posts don't help either.

pjlincs
07-01-2022, 11:38 AM
No I am in DK, in Copenhagen

Nice :-)
Daughter was in Groningen for 6 years, moved to Oslo back in January. Went over end May. Lovely city. Expensive!!

Luis Anaconda
07-01-2022, 11:41 AM

Are you suggesting I would be the last person left in a pub, h? I moved to a country with grown-up licensing laws to avoid that sort of thing

Dutch Gooner
07-01-2022, 01:20 PM
Nice :-)
Daughter was in Groningen for 6 years, moved to Oslo back in January. Went over end May. Lovely city. Expensive!!

Yeah, Oslo must be the most expensive capital In Europe....but nice to live I suppose

Tony C
07-01-2022, 01:53 PM
We still don’t know if modd was real.

Basically the person running the account helped destroy the place then left promptly afterwards.

Pretty sure it was an invention…the whole persona was just too real to be true.

Who was behind it? Well…that’s another question.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-01-2022, 02:15 PM

Basically the person running the account helped destroy the place then left promptly afterwards.

use his imbecile persona.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-03-2022, 12:45 PM
use his imbecile persona.

Yup. And then the day after he left, a new poster arrived, talking in pretentiously eloquent English about how Modd had died for our sins or something.

Remember Jorge saying this new chap had become his new favourite poster.

All seemed a bit suspect, if you ask me.

Pat Vegas
07-04-2022, 10:35 AM

It wasn't me. as some suspected.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
07-04-2022, 02:00 PM
It wasn't me. as some suspected.

. . . . . . . .