PDA

View Full Version : If we have another window where we don't buy a Xhaka upgrade, I'm gonna support the

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
06-24-2022, 06:35 AM
Yîds. Seriously.

We already have 4 top players for the attacking 3 behind the striker position. So what do we do? But another cünt just cos he's got the same name as Paddy. And also Raphinia or whatever.

Oh, maybe another CH.

I get GX looked better last year, esp when Partey was fit. But FFS, we need a new striker, a spare LB MA trusts and a bling CM like a fit Partey or a Santi or a Cesc or a Paddy or any of peak form Thomas/Davis/Rocky or a Chippy etc.

Maravilloso Marvo
06-24-2022, 09:00 AM
Yîds. Seriously.

We already have 4 top players for the attacking 3 behind the striker position. So what do we do? But another cünt just cos he's got the same name as Paddy. And also Raphinia or whatever.

Oh, maybe another CH.

I get GX looked better last year, esp when Partey was fit. But FFS, we need a new striker, a spare LB MA trusts and a bling CM like a fit Partey or a Santi or a Cesc or a Paddy or any of peak form Thomas/Davis/Rocky or a Chippy etc.

I must admit, I really do struggle with people evaluating the perceived success of the transfer window when it is only a few weeks in. What exactly is your complaint? That we aren't signing the players in the right order? Take a look at yourself mate.

Pat Vegas
06-24-2022, 09:16 AM
I must admit, I really do struggle with people evaluating the perceived success of the transfer window when it is only a few weeks in. What exactly is your complaint? That we aren't signing the players in the right order? Take a look at yourself mate.

Also everyone seems to be going mental over wages. is this just an Arsenal thing? I really couldn't give 2 shids on what the club plays players. Everyone is brainwashed to use this as an excuse.

on another note. Kroenke's NHL team is one win away from the Stanley cup. So that could be 2 sports trophies for him this year. perhaps he has started to like to win things?

06-24-2022, 10:38 AM

Yes. Precisely that. If he said we need a striker and a MF and anything else is a bonus, then fine.

We need another Partey type creator and destroyer. Yet we've bought Vierra and are liked with Ralphey. Bit like the Willian signing.

PSRB
06-24-2022, 11:19 AM

Indeed. I rate Xhaka, makes us tick and looked so much better in a more advanced position with Partey playing behind him. No surprise it all went :titsup: when Partey got injured

06-24-2022, 03:22 PM
Indeed. I rate Xhaka, makes us tick and looked so much better in a more advanced position with Partey playing behind him. No surprise it all went :titsup: when Partey got injured

Not exactly Santi, is he?

PSRB
06-24-2022, 03:40 PM
Not exactly Santi, is he?

Not many are.

Tony C
06-24-2022, 07:13 PM
I believe as they season progresses this team will evolve with Saliba forcing his way in next to Gabriel and Ben White moving into the defensive midfield…a role he excelled at in the past for other clubs.

Odegaard has the 2nd midfield slot so it leaves Partey, Xhaka, Sambi, Elneny and Patino fighting it out for the final spot.

Tileamans would be the obvious player for the final 3rd position ie Odegaard-White-Tileamans but let’s see if they complete that deal.

My tip is Sambi…2nd season and will have loads of improvement in him as he tries to break into the Belgium WC squad.

But Saliba at the back and White in DM will explain a lot ie

Why we’re not signing a DM

Why we were happy to bypass Bissouma for £25m

Why we’re signing another CH ie Argentinian guy…lol he isn’t coming to wait for Tierney to get injured.

Fits in with Arteta’s tippy tappy possession football philosophy

Convinces Saliba to sign a new contract…only has two years left and the vultures are keeping watch.

Works for Ben…he will excel in that position and I expect him him to be a more exciting version of Declan Rice…White Gilberto will be his new name.

I also like the fact that if anyone thinks White Gilberto is racist then they’re automatically confirming their racism.

06-24-2022, 09:10 PM
I believe as they season progresses this team will evolve with Saliba forcing his way in next to Gabriel and Ben White moving into the defensive midfield…a role he excelled at in the past for other clubs.

Odegaard has the 2nd midfield slot so it leaves Partey, Xhaka, Sambi, Elneny and Patino fighting it out for the final spot.

Tileamans would be the obvious player for the final 3rd position ie Odegaard-White-Tileamans but let’s see if they complete that deal.

My tip is Sambi…2nd season and will have loads of improvement in him as he tries to break into the Belgium WC squad.

Why we’re signing another CH ie Argentinian guy…lol he isn’t coming to wait for Tierney to get injured.

Convinces Saliba to sign a new contract…only has two years left and the vultures are keeping watch.

Works for Ben…he will excel in that position and I expect him him to be a more exciting version of Declan Rice…White Gilberto will be his new name.

I also like the fact that if anyone thinks White Gilberto is racist then they’re automatically confirming their racism.

Fair play, TC. I love you.

Ypu speak more bøllocks than me, but at least you pretend you know what you're talking about.

Luis Anaconda
06-26-2022, 01:45 PM

Been touting White for dm for some time, t. Like your thinking

redgunamo
06-26-2022, 07:53 PM
You two always do that.

Basically any centre-back we have who can trap the ball; You Two: "Play him in midfield!"

It's a curse, I tell you! Vermaelen :-( :shudder:

Been touting White for dm for some time, t. Like your thinking

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2022, 08:59 AM
You two always do that.

Basically any centre-back we have who can trap the ball; You Two: "Play him in midfield!"

It's a curse, I tell you! Vermaelen :-( :shudder:
As a wise man once said (well, Sir C), Thomas was a very good footballer, just not a very good centre half

Sir C
06-27-2022, 10:57 AM
As a wise man once said (well, Sir C), Thomas was a very good footballer, just not a very good centre half

Did I really say that, la? It’s rather good!

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2022, 11:57 AM
Did I really say that, la? It’s rather good!

On many occasions. You may have been drunk at the times

06-27-2022, 12:14 PM

Could it have been after that 6-2 home win against Blackburn {?????} Were 0-1 and 1-2 down. Their second was totally TV5's fault. So he picked the ball up in MF steamed forward and lashed it home from 30 yards. I really enjoyed that game. Nikki B's first touch for the final goal.

Anyway, LA. You're the won with the football brain. Am I wrong to bemoan us not prioritising a CM partner for Partey?

Isn't this like when AW had Almunia in goal and decided "we only have 5 midget no.10s so I'll buy another 2 or 3 this window."*

Or GG {him, not me} saying "We have Hillier and Selley in MF but we really need even more CHs."

*FTR, I loved AW's midget no.10s team. Imagine putting Santi {or Cesc or TR7} between Partey and Odin.

Sir C
06-27-2022, 12:25 PM

I'll be brutally honest la. I have been known to take a drink.

How are things in Muenchen these days? You must be in line for German citizenship soon - or will you remain a permanent Gastarbeiter, like a sort of literate Pauline?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-28-2022, 06:20 AM

How are things in Muenchen these days? You must be in line for German citizenship soon - or will you remain a permanent Gastarbeiter, like a sort of literate Pauline?

Well if bloody psychos like you hadn't dragged us out of the EU, it wouldn't have mattered. We were all citizens of Greater Europea. Have you tried getting a plasterer since you lot fecked all the poles off back to Poland? The English wons want £700 a day and a crack at your missus.

What have you done Sir C, what have you done?

Sir C
06-28-2022, 07:11 AM
Well if bloody psychos like you hadn't dragged us out of the EU, it wouldn't have mattered. We were all citizens of Greater Europea. Have you tried getting a plasterer since you lot fecked all the poles off back to Poland? The English wons want £700 a day and a crack at your missus.

What have you done Sir C, what have you done?

It wasn’t me h. I always said my heart pushed me towards Brexit, but logically it made no sense to vote for it without a proper plan for the aftermath.

Luis Anaconda
06-28-2022, 09:13 AM

I do qualify for residency but I went down the Irish passport route (I also have the British "exemption" til 2027). All is good here - the sun is out and the beer is still cheaper than London.

Luis Anaconda
06-28-2022, 10:42 AM
Anyway, LA. You're the won with the football brain. Am I wrong to bemoan us not prioritising a CM partner for Partey?

Isn't this like when AW had Almunia in goal and decided "we only have 5 midget no.10s so I'll buy another 2 or 3 this window."*

Or GG {him, not me} saying "We have Hillier and Selley in MF but we really need even more CHs."

*FTR, I loved AW's midget no.10s team. Imagine putting Santi {or Cesc or TR7} between Partey and Odin.

I don't think you are wrong to believe we can upgrade on Xhaka but don't think it is as easy or as necessary as you think. For one thing the way Arteta wants to set up means we don't play with a central two or an orthodox number 10. With Odegaard inked in on the right, in the lefthand roleWe need a player who can be both creative and defensively sound - which Xhaka can be, for all his faults. He is also a presence on the pitch. I don't think players like to play against him. In short, yes there are better players out there but not that many that fill the type of player we need. And the striker was definitely the priority. I have faith in Jesus

PSRB
06-28-2022, 11:27 AM
I do qualify for residency but I went down the Irish passport route (I also have the British "exemption" til 2027). All is good here - the sun is out and the beer is still cheaper than London.

It's ******* freezing in Manchester!

Luis Anaconda
06-28-2022, 11:47 AM
It's ******* freezing in Manchester!

I was actually back in the UK for about a month until last week. Weather was lovely :)

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-28-2022, 01:31 PM
It wasn’t me h. I always said my heart pushed me towards Brexit, but logically it made no sense to vote for it without a proper plan for the aftermath.

I'm just joshing you Sir C .. It was worth it to regain control of our borders at least .. remember when thousands of dark folk would just pour across the Channel and deposit themselves here? We don't want those days back do we.

redgunamo
06-28-2022, 02:01 PM
So difficult to tell for sure, isn't it.

But the whole point of being a decent footballer was, IN FACT, to be a decent centre-half, in his case. Otherwise how would we know?! That he was a decent footballer, I mean.

I need more beer.

redgunamo
06-28-2022, 02:11 PM
There's nowt wrong wi' dark folk, imo. Excellent fellows, those; stalwart, honest, stolid, wholesome and true.

Anyway, one or two of them are.

So I gather.

I'm just joshing you Sir C .. It was worth it to regain control of our borders at least .. remember when thousands of dark folk would just pour across the Channel and deposit themselves here? We don't want those days back do we.

06-28-2022, 02:25 PM
I don't think you are wrong to believe we can upgrade on Xhaka but don't think it is as easy or as necessary as you think. For one thing the way Arteta wants to set up means we don't play with a central two or an orthodox number 10. With Odegaard inked in on the right, in the lefthand roleWe need a player who can be both creative and defensively sound - which Xhaka can be, for all his faults. He is also a presence on the pitch. I don't think players like to play against him. In short, yes there are better players out there but not that many that fill the type of player we need. And the striker was definitely the priority. I have faith in Jesus

Cheers. Sensible as ever.

FTR, I always thought a 9 was the no.1 priority and am happy with Jesus. {Dunno much but he's mid-age, won things with City and he's a Brazilian called Gabriel. I'd be more up for Raphinia if he was a Gabby, too.}

Is there not a Santi out there? He could defend as well as create. And he was a midget no.10. And he was the inly midget no.10 in history who could play 1-2s with himself while smiling all the time. I loved him.

Btw, where does this Viera fit in? With ESR that means at least two top players out of the starting line up.

And why are we being linked with a 5'9" CH?

Partey gets injured {as he will} and GX gets one of his red cards {as he does} at the same time, and it's a very expensive bench with Mo and Sambi in MF.

06-28-2022, 02:28 PM
So difficult to tell for sure, isn't it.

But the whole point of being a decent footballer was, IN FACT, to be a decent centre-half, in his case. Otherwise how would we know?! That he was a decent footballer, I mean.

I need more beer.

See above. Those games where he was at fault for goals and made up for it by picking the ball up near half way, surging forward, skipping past a couple of the other lot and then smashing it into the top corner from 30 yards.

That takes football skill.

I think I saw that Luiz hit decent cross-field passes once or twice. Hated him as a defender, mind.

pjlincs
06-28-2022, 03:22 PM

I have faith in Jesus too. Reckon he'll get on the end of a few crosses. Nailed on imo.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-28-2022, 04:37 PM
There's nowt wrong wi' dark folk, imo. Excellent fellows, those; stalwart, honest, stolid, wholesome and true.

Anyway, one or two of them are.

So I gather.

There's a world of difference between black people like us Red, and mere dark (brown) folk. We possess all the qualities you mention, in addition to being splendid dancers, but brown chaps tend to be duplicitous, shiftless and lazy. And let's not forget our enormous talent for doing that rather aggressive, talky singing thing... called "Wrap" I believe.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
06-28-2022, 05:36 PM
There's a world of difference between black people like us Red, and mere dark (brown) folk. We possess all the qualities you mention, in addition to being splendid dancers, but brown chaps tend to be duplicitous, shiftless and lazy. And let's not forget our enormous talent for doing that rather aggressive, talky singing thing... called "Wrap" I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=zBYpzPZzrqA&ab_channel=jeffrey44

As long as they're not honkies from connecticut that's the main thing.

Luis Anaconda
06-29-2022, 08:43 AM
Cheers. Sensible as ever.

FTR, I always thought a 9 was the no.1 priority and am happy with Jesus. {Dunno much but he's mid-age, won things with City and he's a Brazilian called Gabriel. I'd be more up for Raphinia if he was a Gabby, too.}

Is there not a Santi out there? He could defend as well as create. And he was a midget no.10. And he was the inly midget no.10 in history who could play 1-2s with himself while smiling all the time. I loved him.

Btw, where does this Viera fit in? With ESR that means at least two top players out of the starting line up.

And why are we being linked with a 5'9" CH?

Partey gets injured {as he will} and GX gets one of his red cards {as he does} at the same time, and it's a very expensive bench with Mo and Sambi in MF.

Whole point - Santi was a one off. Wish we could find another player like him. No idea about this Vieira though. I'll be honest, I had never heard of him before we suddenly signed him. Looking forward to seeing what he can do from what I have read though. We certainly need another body in midfield (and without wishing to upset Red) I can see this Martinez stepping in there if we were to sign him

06-29-2022, 11:13 PM
Whole point - Santi was a one off. Wish we could find another player like him. No idea about this Vieira though. I'll be honest, I had never heard of him before we suddenly signed him. Looking forward to seeing what he can do from what I have read though. We certainly need another body in midfield (and without wishing to upset Red) I can see this Martinez stepping in there if we were to sign him

So Martinez is a small DM. Bit like Torreira but more expensive. And I thought LT11 was fine until Dick Emery played him as a no.10.

If we can't sign a MF, bring LT and AMN back and see if one of them can step up and make the place their own.

What people forget about the invincibles is that we had two giant MFs. That meant 2 more headers of the ball at corners, both attacking and defending. {Olly G was one of the best at defending corners, btw.}

But having two big MFs who are good at heading as well as the tackling, running, passing bit was vital to that team.

That African Palace are linked with sounds interesting.