PDA

View Full Version : So, let us take stock of the weekend's achievements

Yesterday Once More
02-14-2022, 12:27 PM
The club with "no history" have now won two European Champions' League and a World Club Championship under the Russian.

Meanwhile, the American who owns a club which has nothing but its history and which now dreams of snatching fourth place has just won the SuperBowl with his US Franchise.

Give me dirty russian money, every time.

Tony C
02-14-2022, 01:07 PM
I’m told Ruben Neves has written to the NFL about the Rams players celebrating afterwards.

Luis Anaconda
02-14-2022, 01:26 PM
The club with "no history" have now won two European Champions' League and a World Club Championship under the Russian.

Meanwhile, the American who owns a club which has nothing but its history and which now dreams of snatching fourth place has just won the SuperBowl with his US Franchise.

Give me dirty russian money, every time.

That just says a lot about you - and not in a good way

Yesterday Once More
02-14-2022, 04:42 PM

And accepting relentless mediocrity says plenty about you and indeed anyone else foolish enough to pay to watch this shell of a once-great club.

John Bunnell
02-14-2022, 05:08 PM

As if you wouldn't reverse Kroenke/Abramovich with Arsenal/Chelsea 🙄🙄🙄

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2022, 10:16 AM
And accepting relentless mediocrity says plenty about you and indeed anyone else foolish enough to pay to watch this shell of a once-great club.

Bless - you mistake moaning on a website for 20 odd years as some kind of positive action. I don't accept mediocrity, I merely support my football club in good times and bad. Shame you forgot that a long time ago

PSRB
02-15-2022, 03:38 PM
Not a chance, despise the raging criminal and everything he's done to the game. No fan of KSE but no, I would not swap owners

Yesterday Once More
02-15-2022, 04:38 PM
Bless - you mistake moaning on a website for 20 odd years as some kind of positive action. I don't accept mediocrity, I merely support my football club in good times and bad. Shame you forgot that a long time ago

As someone who started to follow Arsenal in the late 60s and followed them home and away in the early 80s, I need no lectures about supporting in good times and bad. But that club that bears the name today is now completely unrecognisable from the one I loved. When we first started to fall behind in the late "noughties" I hoped and even believed that the club would respond. But we didn't, and I am so glad I walked away. We have an owner who is happy to coast, and the managers he appoints reflects that. I don't give a damn where the owners, managers or players come from: I care that they are either unwilling or unable to equip the club for the modern era.

Sir C
02-16-2022, 07:32 AM
As someone who started to follow Arsenal in the late 60s and followed them home and away in the early 80s, I need no lectures about supporting in good times and bad. But that club that bears the name today is now completely unrecognisable from the one I loved. When we first started to fall behind in the late "noughties" I hoped and even believed that the club would respond. But we didn't, and I am so glad I walked away. We have an owner who is happy to coast, and the managers he appoints reflects that. I don't give a damn where the owners, managers or players come from: I care that they are either unwilling or unable to equip the club for the modern era.

If you have ‘walked away’, why must you continue to subject us to your bilious drivel?

redgunamo
02-16-2022, 12:34 PM
In fairness, the Superbowl is *like* a trophy. :love: Kroenke.

WES
02-17-2022, 03:47 PM

So from 1973-1988 you were following a club that was unrecognisable from the the one that exists now because - presumably - they would not have accepted the mediocrity on display now? You mean they would not have accepted struggling to finish 4th during those 16 years as we are doing now?

Try thinking again YOM. But think harder this time.