PDA

View Full Version : Trust the process.

Sir C
10-18-2021, 08:50 PM
****ing hell. How long can this go on?

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-18-2021, 09:06 PM
Totally out managed by Emery and now Vieira despite having a far, far superior squad. I really, really want Arteta to do well but this is just embarrassing to watch. So he and Edu spend an absolute fortune on buying a mobile back 4 despite ending the last season with one of the best defensive records. OK, fair enough. He wanted ball players from the back to fit his style. But what does he do now that he's acquired them? He tells them against relagation fodder to play deep and sit back and hope for the best..... This is utterly embarrassing. This is basic mangement. After the first goal this should have been a 5-0 job. The dog **** management cost us this defeat.

And that's before we go into the Mavropanovs/Gwen/Torreira being booted out of the squad who were the few positives from the Wenger end/Emery era.

John Bunnell
10-18-2021, 09:18 PM

WES says we're on the right path and I trust him.

John Bunnell
10-18-2021, 09:20 PM
Totally out managed by Emery and now Vieira despite having a far, far superior squad. I really, really want Arteta to do well but this is just embarrassing to watch. So he and Edu spend an absolute fortune on buying a mobile back 4 despite ending the last season with one of the best defensive records. OK, fair enough. He wanted ball players from the back to fit his style. But what does he do now that he's acquired them? He tells them against relagation fodder to play deep and sit back and hope for the best..... This is utterly embarrassing. This is basic mangement. After the first goal this should have been a 5-0 job. The dog **** management cost us this defeat.

And that's before we go into the Mavropanovs/Gwen/Torreira being booted out of the squad who were the few positives from the Wenger end/Emery era.

Agree with all this apart from Torreira. I don't understand the fetishization of him. He was garbage outside of that undefeated run we had at the beginning of Emery's tenure. Utter garbage.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-18-2021, 09:21 PM

Some neck tattooed chav from AFTV got our greatest ever manager sacked cos he assumed everything would be better.

Though tbf, Berni's Ashes curse started the rot.

Tories, chavs, dago managers - hate the ****ing lot of 'em. {Present company and innocent MPs doing their job excepted, obv.}

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-18-2021, 09:22 PM
Agree with all this apart from Torreira. I don't understand the fetishization of him. He was garbage outside of that undefeated run we had at the beginning of Emery's tenure. Utter garbage.

Arse gravy there young cub. Arse gravy.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-18-2021, 09:24 PM
Some neck tattooed chav from AFTV got our greatest ever manager sacked cos he assumed everything would be better.

Though tbf, Berni's Ashes curse started the rot.

Tories, chavs, dago managers - hate the ****ing lot of 'em. {Present company and innocent MPs doing their job excepted, obv.}

The ironic thing about the same said Chavs is that they're telling their massive followers not to put any money into AFC (despite the Kronke's actually backing the managers) all the while they're captialising the Arsenal brand name for £100'000's per year for themselves.

WES
10-19-2021, 07:59 AM
The ironic thing about the same said Chavs is that they're telling their massive followers not to put any money into AFC (despite the Kronke's actually backing the managers) all the while they're captialising the Arsenal brand name for £100'000's per year for themselves.

True to form the anti-Arsenal cretins are back :clap: :clap:

No sign of you when we pasted Spurs playing glorious football, of course, but then again that was all of 2 games ago.

4 wins and 2 draws in our past 6 games, manager just named Manager of the Month but a draw at home to palace and you all crawl out from under your rocks.

At least you're all consistently pathetic :thumbup:

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-19-2021, 10:04 AM

No sign of you when we pasted Spurs playing glorious football, of course, but then again that was all of 2 games ago.

4 wins and 2 draws in our past 6 games, manager just named Manager of the Month but a draw at home to palace and you all crawl out from under your rocks.

So you enjoyed watching us get out played by Palace at home. Fair play.

WES
10-19-2021, 11:48 AM
So you enjoyed watching us get out played by Palace at home. Fair play.

I didn't enjoy it, it was sh1t. I turned it over after about 70 minutes. But it had nothing to do with management, the players simply didn't play well. Partey was awful, and not just giving it away for the goal, his passing was appalling generally. Odegaard was anonymous pretty much, perhaps he doesn't like playing further back although he wasn't any better second half. But they are good players, and they will return to form.

Some times players just play badly, that's part of football.

The difference is that when we play well I celebrate it. When we play badly I comment on it without reducing myself to the level of an 8 year screaming child calling for the manager and every player I dislike to be sacked.

People like you, Bunnell, GG and the Kent used car salesman disappear when we have a good result and only come on here to whine like little bitches when we drop points.

This place is meant to be for Arsenal supporters. There is no world in which your behaviour could be considered 'support'.

IUFG
10-19-2021, 12:12 PM

It has been too long already, SC. I want any Arsenal manager to do well but ***cing hell...

I'm getting quite bored by it all. Last night was insipid, flaccid ****e.

Again.

IUFG
10-19-2021, 12:21 PM

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/130/bagdad-bob.gif

Sir C
10-19-2021, 12:27 PM
It has been too long already, SC. I want any Arsenal manager to do well but ***cing hell...

Again.

I'm all for patience and the realities of rebuilding, i... but it's been two years. And what we're seeing is truly awful.

WES
10-19-2021, 12:50 PM

Again.

Alright IUFG? Did you watch the NLD?

IUFG
10-19-2021, 12:59 PM
Alright IUFG? Did you watch the NLD?

I'm well thanks, W. I trust you are too?

I did see the NLD, I thought them were incredibly poor and us marginally better. But, importantly, much betterer for a 20 minute spell.

Tony C
10-19-2021, 01:26 PM
Can we just get 1 game with Pepe as the striker rather than isolated out on a wing?

Just one and then I’ll shut up about him being a striker :nod:

Think the main misjudgment last night was being clever with Right Guard next to Partey…would’ve played him in the 3 with Saka and ESR and have Lokonga next to Partey.

Discount Pep made the rookie error of over thinking things imo

Like Tommy…lord that was bad but I wonder how much of last night was down to Discount Pep’s instructions. He’s not that bad a player. Ok it’s a faster pace of football and he’s still adjusting but man looked like Bellend at times. At some point Discount Pep needs to realise his ideas are farked up. Me myself…I’ve no idea what an inverted right back is…ffs talk about completely over complicating the easiest position on the pitch.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-19-2021, 02:05 PM
Can we just get 1 game with Pepe as the striker rather than isolated out on a wing?

Just one and then I’ll shut up about him being a striker :nod:

Think the main misjudgment last night was being clever with Right Guard next to Partey…would’ve played him in the 3 with Saka and ESR and have Lokonga next to Partey.

Discount Pep made the rookie error of over thinking things imo

Like Tommy…lord that was bad but I wonder how much of last night was down to Discount Pep’s instructions. He’s not that bad a player. Ok it’s a faster pace of football and he’s still adjusting but man looked like Bellend at times. At some point Discount Pep needs to realise his ideas are farked up. Me myself…I’ve no idea what an inverted right back is…ffs talk about completely over complicating the easiest position on the pitch.

He actually played well on the wing yesterday. Tracked back and defended well, seems to be developing an understanding with Tommy - which was great for the goal. And the goal showed why we need Auba central.

I'd be up for it as an emergency or in a 442 with Laca deep when chasing a goal.

But last night showed our problems are MF. Woeful from Sambi and Partey..

Eboue's Boutique
10-19-2021, 03:03 PM
I'm all for patience and the realities of rebuilding, i... but it's been two years. And what we're seeing is truly awful.

its been 5 or 6 games with this backline and GK. Conceded both goals from quite silly turnovers.

WES
10-19-2021, 03:12 PM
He actually played well on the wing yesterday. Tracked back and defended well, seems to be developing an understanding with Tommy - which was great for the goal. And the goal showed why we need Auba central.

I'd be up for it as an emergency or in a 442 with Laca deep when chasing a goal.

But last night showed our problems are MF. Woeful from Sambi and Partey..

Midfield passing was shocking, Partey, Sami and Odegaard.

At one point Partey had the ball in the middle with Pepe in acres of space on the right with one man to beat, Boomerang in a good position at the opposite side. I was screaming for him to ping it to him and instead we got a lazy looping ball that meant the chance went begging as the defenders recovered. That was a common theme, we just didn't pass the ball well enough in midfield. Would also liked us to have used Tierney more, that left sided obsession seems to have disappeared.

Not too sure how we blame Arteta for the fact that the midfield players had on off night on the ball.

WES
10-19-2021, 03:13 PM
its been 5 or 6 games with this backline and GK. Conceded both goals from quite silly turnovers.

Yes, I thought the back five was good again, undone only by two midfield errors and two good finishes.

Eboue's Boutique
10-20-2021, 10:48 AM
Midfield passing was shocking, Partey, Sami and Odegaard.

At one point Partey had the ball in the middle with Pepe in acres of space on the right with one man to beat, Boomerang in a good position at the opposite side. I was screaming for him to ping it to him and instead we got a lazy looping ball that meant the chance went begging as the defenders recovered. That was a common theme, we just didn't pass the ball well enough in midfield. Would also liked us to have used Tierney more, that left sided obsession seems to have disappeared.

Not too sure how we blame Arteta for the fact that the midfield players had on off night on the ball.

I wonder if Tierney's form is partly due to Xhaka not being in the team to find him with those long direct passes with good timing. Usually KT can just take the ball in his stride and be pretty much past his defender, whilst now he has to work harder to get past.

Also, I think the strategy is to often overburden Partey but we fail to take advantage of the superiority (in numbers) that should give us elsewhere on the pitch. We paid extra for Ramsdale & White because they have fantastic feet for longballs, but we didnt manage to find our forwards in the space Palace must've given up for committing to their press and outnumbering Partey.

Ramsdale looked frustrated at our forwards yesterday when we struggled to play out, but I couldnt see on the telly for much of the game whether they moved well or not. I'm guessing Auba & Pepe didnt, atleast during some spells of the game.

I reckon we lack Laca at CF or Odegaard at 10 in our buildup. I think with one of those recieving the ball a bit further up in the middle of the park our game starts to look much better and more difficult to predict.