PDA

View Full Version : The toilet traders should be 2 or 3 up

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-02-2021, 05:26 PM
The deep line isn't working. Arteta needs to move them 40 yards up the pitch and really press them.

redgunamo
10-02-2021, 06:25 PM
Clean sheet :cloud9:

The deep line isn't working. Arteta needs to move them 40 yards up the pitch and really press them.

Sir C
10-02-2021, 06:31 PM
Clean sheet :cloud9:

Getting away with a nil nil at the Mighty Brighton. Thank God we humiliated our greatest ever manager for this.

redgunamo
10-03-2021, 10:55 AM
I know it's "only" Brighton and Hove Albion, but i reckon our current manager will be quietly rather pleased with that point, especially as we didn't concede.

Getting away with a nil nil at the Mighty Brighton. Thank God we humiliated our greatest ever manager for this.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-03-2021, 11:04 AM

Couldn't agree more.

redgunamo
10-03-2021, 12:23 PM
That's an unfortunate feature of Wengers legacy; arrogance (lol. Auto-correct actually put "Africans" there).

Remember the embarrassing caviar/sausages quip? We lost the ability to appreciate a hard-earned nil-all draw at a wet and windy Brighton :-(

Couldn't agree more.

Tony C
10-03-2021, 12:47 PM
I knew we weren’t going to win when the ref didn’t blow for a foul on Ramsdale…

In Rugby that would’ve been a sin binning.

Should’ve been a yellow and then another yellow when he fouled ESR late on…can’t believe VAR didn’t check that but wasted a minute checking there’s even though no one appealed for it.

-

Think Brighton overwhelming us at times was more a flaw in our 4231…probably should’ve gone 433 and have AMN in with Sambi & Partey from the start.

Also at some point I’d still like to see us try Pepe as the lone striker. No tracking back or tied to a wing…just let him off his leash.

-

Otherwise I’m still pleased…technically we improved again…that’s a game we easily would have lost in any of the last 11 seasons or so. I know Brighton had loads of chances but our defensive positions made it difficult for them to have clear cut easy chances….when they did get one Ramsdale was strong.

redgunamo
10-05-2021, 08:47 AM
Right. If we want to keep on using the money excuse then we must find a different way to compete. Being really good at set-pieces, for example, and keeping clean-sheets.

Rather than, like in Spain, the whole league trying to fanny-dance like the top boys but without top boy players and then wondering why no-one but the top boys with money ever win the league :homer:

I knew we weren’t going to win when the ref didn’t blow for a foul on Ramsdale…

In Rugby that would’ve been a sin binning.

Should’ve been a yellow and then another yellow when he fouled ESR late on…can’t believe VAR didn’t check that but wasted a minute checking there’s even though no one appealed for it.

-

Think Brighton overwhelming us at times was more a flaw in our 4231…probably should’ve gone 433 and have AMN in with Sambi & Partey from the start.

Also at some point I’d still like to see us try Pepe as the lone striker. No tracking back or tied to a wing…just let him off his leash.

-

Otherwise I’m still pleased…technically we improved again…that’s a game we easily would have lost in any of the last 11 seasons or so. I know Brighton had loads of chances but our defensive positions made it difficult for them to have clear cut easy chances….when they did get one Ramsdale was strong.

WES
10-05-2021, 08:54 AM
Right. If we want to keep on using the money excuse then we must find a different way to compete. Being really good at set-pieces, for example, and keeping clean-sheets.

Rather than, like in Spain, the whole league trying to fanny-dance like the top boys but without top boy players and then wondering why no-one but the top boys with money ever win the league :homer:

Quite. And had our greatest manager ever been able to realise this he might still be with us.

Sadly, he was too arrogant to change. :shrug: