PDA

View Full Version : So 3-1 in the NLD, but where’s our identity, where’s our style?

WES
09-26-2021, 05:33 PM
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Some of you cretins really don’t deserve his club.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
09-26-2021, 05:39 PM
The Jap is the new fan favourite.

Tony C
09-26-2021, 06:34 PM
I was hoping Ben White would make this his team but I’m happy to settle for Ramsdale taking command of things.

Who would’ve figured actually signing proper defensive players would work.

Glad there’s no trip to Timbuktu this week.

WES
09-27-2021, 07:56 AM
I was hoping Ben White would make this his team but I’m happy to settle for Ramsdale taking command of things.

Who would’ve figured actually signing proper defensive players would work.

Glad there’s no trip to Timbuktu this week.

Our back five fills me with joy, let's hope they can stay fit for an extended period.

Still like to see him move to 433 with Partey between ESR and Odegaard and Saka and Pepe either side of Boomerang

Made me laugh when I read the Times this morning, Cascarino now thinks we can make top 4 :hehe:

Couldn't be bothered looking for his articles after the first three games where he probably predicted we were in a relegation fight :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
09-27-2021, 07:56 AM

Quite rightfully so - looks a hell of a player

Luis Anaconda
09-27-2021, 07:58 AM
Our back five fills me with joy, let's hope they can stay fit for an extended period.

Still like to see him move to 433 with Partey between ESR and Odegaard and Saka and Pepe either side of Boomerang

Made me laugh when I read the Times this morning, Cascarino now thinks we can make top 4 :hehe:

Couldn't be bothered looking for his articles after the first three games where he probably predicted we were in a relegation fight :hehe:

This - exactly this.

Cascarino is a joke but I don't think he was particularly harsh on us tbf. Think top four is a bit ambitious. Chelsea, City and Liverpool nailed on, I would say. United look most vulnerable. They were dreadful on Saturday

WES
09-27-2021, 08:23 AM
This - exactly this.

Cascarino is a joke but I don't think he was particularly harsh on us tbf. Think top four is a bit ambitious. Chelsea, City and Liverpool nailed on, I would say. United look most vulnerable. They were dreadful on Saturday

The team I described above in age is:

23 24 24 24
21 28 23
26 32 20

Not sure how any Arsenal supporter can't be excited about the future. Will be fun to watch.

Luis Anaconda
09-27-2021, 08:53 AM
The team I described above in age is:

23 24 24 24
21 28 23
26 32 20

Not sure how any Arsenal supporter can't be excited about the future. Will be fun to watch.

Indeed - next Saturday a big test as well though. Some games we are going to need the extra midfielder - if only we had a 21-year-old Belgian international to step in :)

Tony C
09-27-2021, 09:22 AM
4th place would be interesting.

One would assume that this would mean Oodegard had a fantastic season.

In which case show your captaincy skills and get the orc Haaland to Arsenal.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-27-2021, 03:46 PM
Indeed - next Saturday a big test as well though. Some games we are going to need the extra midfielder - if only we had a 21-year-old Belgian international to step in :)

I like the little I've seen of Sambi - but I always think new signings are great until the fück up.

What do you make of him? Could he become a player who could play next to Partey, both destroying and creating, while working hard and not switching off?

Or, if this season goes well, we make Europe and start to look like a team that will get top 4 the year after, do you think we should spluff loads of cash on a MF to play between Partey and the 3 no.10s?

{Though as I said elsewhere, I think with Laca going, they'll prioritise a top drawer 23 year old striker to eventually take over from Auba.}

If we could get that top MF, then Sambi will still have a few years to learn as he plays most games coming on for one of the MFs and playing when rotation happens.

I do worry that Pépé will have been a waste. Big money like Mustafi, to a lesser extent GX, and Laca. Laca's been very good at times, but when we upgraded on Ollie, we really needed to have got Auba and kept Ollie for plan B.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
09-27-2021, 07:17 PM
Quite rightfully so - looks a hell of a player

From the tens of minutes of Tommy's pre Arsenal career i've watched on youtube plus what he's done so far I get the feeling he's better than Ben White in both the RB and CB positions. This isn't a knock on White. Tommy just looks that good.

Tony C
09-28-2021, 11:14 AM
The broship with Ramsdale too :clap:

But now that the dust has settled -

It was only Tottenham..we’ve beaten them before then promptly lost rendering the result meaningless…need to keep winning.

But pleasing to see the continued game by game improvement through Norwich, Burnley and Spurs.

Brighton will be hard work…they scamper about and leave it all on the pitch…so a nice test for this current team. Maupay vs White will be a fiesty contest imo

I contest anyone saying Xhaka had a good or better game for us.

Man was giving the ball away before the first goal went in and was almost cost us when Ramsdale fired a beaut of a pass into him and he was daydreaming. Clumsily tried to foul his way out of it and got away with things.

Just because we scored doesn’t excuse his continued mediocrity.

But hopefully Ramsdale and his back4 have a word with him about this in training this week.

The Insider
09-29-2021, 11:34 AM

Proof it bt voting for him on Friday - poll open at 1500

https://bit.ly/2Wiw35h