PDA

View Full Version : Why did the Americans leave all the keys to their military hardware?

pjlincs
09-02-2021, 07:15 AM
I'm no mechanical expert but shirley if you took the keys with you it would be tricky to get everything going?

And there must be simple ways to disable or mess with a vehicle that could have been done quickly?

Sir C
09-02-2021, 08:13 AM
I'm no mechanical expert but shirley if you took the keys with you it would be tricky to get everything going?

And there must be simple ways to disable or mess with a vehicle that could have been done quickly?

The trucks are one thing, but the aircraft are about as much use to the Taliban as tits on a bull. Without trained ground crew you wouldn't even get the ****ing things started, never mind flying and operating weapons systems.

Pat Vegas
09-02-2021, 08:39 AM
The trucks are one thing, but the aircraft are about as much use to the Taliban as tits on a bull. Without trained ground crew you wouldn't even get the ****ing things started, never mind flying and operating weapons systems.

Maybe they can turn them into modern hipster workspaces.
They already have the beards.

redgunamo
09-02-2021, 09:43 AM
As a parting gift for the Iranians, I think. You know, "Had a lovely time! Thank you for having us." That sort of thing.

It was either going to have to be that or more pallets of cash

redgunamo
09-02-2021, 09:44 AM
They KNOW people, imo.

Tony C
09-06-2021, 09:45 AM
It would appear they’ve found someone who can fly the helicopters.

Started Scarface type hangings…