PDA

View Full Version : How are we going to get on against Chelsea and Man City then?

Sir C
08-16-2021, 09:46 AM
:hehe:

Yes, that is a rhetorical question.

pjlincs
08-16-2021, 09:47 AM

We are one third of the way to my prediction of bottom of the league with zero points after three games.

Sir C
08-16-2021, 09:49 AM
We are one third of the way to my prediction of bottom of the league with zero points after three games.

Might be worth a cheeky monkey on that, p.

Pat Vegas
08-16-2021, 10:43 AM

For the first time I hope we do not win either. Anything that gives Arteta more time is bad for the club.

Ideally he gets smacked this weekend and the crowd leave.

Tony C
08-16-2021, 10:44 AM
We’re going to be the compass joke for a long while imo

What’s the difference between a compass and Arsenal…a compass has 4 points.

PSRB
08-16-2021, 10:48 AM
For the first time I hope we do not win either. Anything that gives Arteta more time is bad for the club.

Ideally he gets smacked this weekend and the crowd leave.

I never want us to lose but it is the silver lining, if we do

Pat Vegas
08-16-2021, 10:51 AM
I never want us to lose but it is the silver lining, if we do

Not sure how he survived our Europa league exit last season to be honest.
I'd like him if he was nice. But he's cocky and arrogant.

PSRB
08-16-2021, 10:53 AM
Not sure how he survived our Europa league exit last season to be honest.
I'd like him if he was nice. But he's cocky and arrogant.

More importantly, he's just not very good

Eboue's Boutique
08-16-2021, 11:20 AM
quality of the squad has been a bigger problem.

Not sure that getting a coach that specializes in bad players would have been a better way forward.

We had top4 form the last 24 games of last season's PL, so with good players we've been alright.

PSRB
08-16-2021, 11:28 AM

Not sure that getting a coach that specializes in bad players would have been a better way forward.

We had top4 form the last 24 games of last season's PL, so with good players we've been alright.

Under no pressure by that point as already blown any chance of top 4. The one pressure game (Europa League) and they bottled it

Eboue's Boutique
08-16-2021, 11:32 AM
Under no pressure by that point as already blown any chance of top 4. The one pressure game (Europa League) and they bottled it

again, key players missing and Villareal are good (even if we would like to pretend otherwise when we're emotional and pissed at the manager)

And whether there was pressure or not in the league matters much less than availability of Odegaard, ESR & Partey for example. Without them we dont have the players to play through the middle.

Tony C
08-16-2021, 11:57 AM
Ramsdale and Sander Berge moves back on.

Wilder will be our next manager :clap:

Pat Vegas
08-16-2021, 11:58 AM
again, key players missing and Villareal are good (even if we would like to pretend otherwise when we're emotional and pissed at the manager)

And whether there was pressure or not in the league matters much less than availability of Odegaard, ESR & Partey for example. Without them we dont have the players to play through the middle.

He's useless.
He's also terrible at dealing with players. Especially the youngsters.

Saliba and Guendouzi bad managment.
Martinelli could never get a game.
Willian played every week and he was crap. when he actually started to play well Areta dropped him.
Would never give Pepe a run of games
he sold our best keeper who suited the style of play he wanted.

the amount of pressure on Saka and now Smith Rowe is ridiculous. He will ruin Smith Rowe at this point.

Now Lacazette and Auba are 'sick'
I am not surprised Auba was shid last season. looks like a man who was promised a lot when he re signed his deal and was let down.

PSRB
08-16-2021, 11:58 AM
Ramsdale and Sander Berge moves back on.

Wilder will be our next manager :clap:

Xhaka given new contract :rolleyes:

Pat Vegas
08-16-2021, 12:01 PM
Xhaka given new contract :rolleyes:

If Xhaka is so amazing, why are not a load of clubs after him? and the ones who were offered peanuts?

Signing him to this new deal is another disaster. we are lumbered with him for years :-(

Eboue's Boutique
08-16-2021, 12:41 PM
He's useless.
He's also terrible at dealing with players. Especially the youngsters.

Saliba and Guendouzi bad managment.
Martinelli could never get a game.
Willian played every week and he was crap. when he actually started to play well Areta dropped him.
Would never give Pepe a run of games
he sold our best keeper who suited the style of play he wanted.

the amount of pressure on Saka and now Smith Rowe is ridiculous. He will ruin Smith Rowe at this point.

Now Lacazette and Auba are 'sick'
I am not surprised Auba was shid last season. looks like a man who was promised a lot when he re signed his deal and was let down.

He's terrible with players but our key talent loves him?

Saliba isnt ready.
Guendouzi has too many touches on the ball, slows our game down and gets easily run past in midfield. He's also a stubborn child that seems to have been a dressing room problem.

Martinelli & Pepe are still too raw, they arent wingers that help us play well as a team (very evident the other day). They werent better at it last season. Arteta rates both but knows both needs work to improve how well they can play over 90min.

We have to demand more from Pepe than what he's been offering. Before spring last season he hadnt improved much with playtime he was given (under Emery as well), but was better towards end of the season.

Willian is more of a 10 type player and Pepe is more of a forward. Was more stylistic reasons why Willian played, and it was just as much Saka who played instead of Pepe (they're more similar except the latter takes the longest time to decide what to do).

Laca & Auba have covid.

Auba was poor after signing his contract. Worked harder before it, just like Özil.

Pat Vegas
08-16-2021, 01:10 PM
He's terrible with players but our key talent loves him?

Saliba isnt ready.
Guendouzi has too many touches on the ball, slows our game down and gets easily run past in midfield. He's also a stubborn child that seems to have been a dressing room problem.

Martinelli & Pepe are still too raw, they arent wingers that help us play well as a team (very evident the other day). They werent better at it last season. Arteta rates both but knows both needs work to improve how well they can play over 90min.

We have to demand more from Pepe than what he's been offering. Before spring last season he hadnt improved much with playtime he was given (under Emery as well), but was better towards end of the season.

Willian is more of a 10 type player and Pepe is more of a forward. Was more stylistic reasons why Willian played, and it was just as much Saka who played instead of Pepe (they're more similar except the latter takes the longest time to decide what to do).

Laca & Auba have covid.

Auba was poor after signing his contract. Worked harder before it, just like Özil.

I though if you had covid it had to be reported to the FA?

WES
08-16-2021, 01:19 PM

What does 24 games have to do with anything? We just lost our first game of the season so we should sack the manager! :hehe:

You're wasting your time on here mate, this place isn't interested in rational, level headed views. We lost a game of Association Football so the manager should be sacked, sacked I say!!! :clap:

Arteta deserves another year at least. As you point out, he certainly hasn't lost the players, they play hard for him. We just need a bit more quality and some patience with the young players and the manager.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we took points from both of the next two games. Arteta has shown the ability to set us up to take something from the top 4 clubs. The days of getting pasted 5-0 or 6-0 during the latter Wenger years seem to be - thankfully - over.

Eboue's Boutique
08-16-2021, 01:52 PM
I though if you had covid it had to be reported to the FA?

I heard someone say they've changed the rules a little for this season. And that maybe PL doesnt want for there to be covid stuff going on already in the first game. I dont know.

I think with food poisoning or normal illness they'd be able to play next weekend but if Covid they have to isolate and cant train, so therefore big doubts (as reported) for next game.

I dont believe we're benching them to try to sell them, but if we did and succeeded I wouldnt really blame Edu if he manages to improve that part of the pitch.

What does 24 games have to do with anything? We just lost our first game of the season so we should sack the manager! :hehe:

You're wasting your time on here mate, this place isn't interested in rational, level headed views. We lost a game of Association Football so the manager should be sacked, sacked I say!!! :clap:

Arteta deserves another year at least. As you point out, he certainly hasn't lost the players, they play hard for him. We just need a bit more quality and some patience with the young players and the manager.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we took points from both of the next two games. Arteta has shown the ability to set us up to take something from the top 4 clubs. The days of getting pasted 5-0 or 6-0 during the latter Wenger years seem to be - thankfully - over.

Yeah, I agree and hope so too. But am concerned we lack a bit too much of our spine (Gabriel, Partey, Laca or Auba) to be able to get results the coming two games. They're both CL finalists with a fantastic 100m signing each.

I reckon we'll play 3atb as niether Laca or Auba seem likely to be available. Maybe Saka & Tavarez as wing backs, with ESR, Martinelli and Pepe upfront.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-16-2021, 02:09 PM
It's all about trying to keep the defeats down to 3-0 so as to keep the confidence up for the league cup game.

WES
08-16-2021, 02:33 PM
I heard someone say they've changed the rules a little for this season. And that maybe PL doesnt want for there to be covid stuff going on already in the first game. I dont know.

I think with food poisoning or normal illness they'd be able to play next weekend but if Covid they have to isolate and cant train, so therefore big doubts (as reported) for next game.

I dont believe we're benching them to try to sell them, but if we did and succeeded I wouldnt really blame Edu if he manages to improve that part of the pitch.

Yeah, I agree and hope so too. But am concerned we lack a bit too much of our spine (Gabriel, Partey, Laca or Auba) to be able to get results the coming two games. They're both CL finalists with a fantastic 100m signing each.

I reckon we'll play 3atb as niether Laca or Auba seem likely to be available. Maybe Saka & Tavarez as wing backs, with ESR, Martinelli and Pepe upfront.

Chambers played a part in both of their goals and watching Tierney going forward makes you wonder how good we might be if we could do that on the right.

Lord but we need a RB. Not sure how that wasn't a transfer priority.

Eboue's Boutique
08-16-2021, 06:46 PM
Chambers played a part in both of their goals and watching Tierney going forward makes you wonder how good we might be if we could do that on the right.

Lord but we need a RB. Not sure how that wasn't a transfer priority.

Yeah, I really agree. I think its because we're stacked with Cedric, Bellerin, Chambers and AMN.

Appearantly Hakimi was a priority before the window but was never a possibility without getting CL football via EL.

Really hope we'll be able to get rid of Bellerin and 1-2 more and painful as it is I reckon it might be quite smart extending with Xhaka as it should give us a bit more room financially for RB this summer and CF next season (compared to if we'd spent 35-40m on a replacement CM and only got 12-15m for Xhaka)

Tony C
08-18-2021, 09:48 AM
4 our best performers came in 2 fa cup semi finals and finals vs top quality opposition with a back 3.

And for a couple of them it was difficult to pick the man of the match…so many contenders.

Got the very best out of Holding and Xhaka.

But for some reason this was all abandoned…first by Wenger then Arteta.

Looking at the squad now I think it would be an easy change to make now…could even try someone like Reece Nelson as the right wing back…seeing were so skint we can’t get someone decent like Max Aarons.

Also…and this is just me..but for my money Tierney goes from being top class to utterly world class whenever he’s played on the left hand side of the 3…but that’s just me.

Leno

White
Gabriel
Tierney

Nelson / Maitland / Cedric
Xhaka
Lokonga
Tavares

Saka
ESR

Pepe

Yeah I’m still gay for Pepe as a striker :nod:

WES
08-18-2021, 11:31 AM
4 our best performers came in 2 fa cup semi finals and finals vs top quality opposition with a back 3.

And for a couple of them it was difficult to pick the man of the match…so many contenders.

Looking at the squad now I think it would be an easy change to make now…could even try someone like Reece Nelson as the right wing back…seeing were so skint we can’t get someone decent like Max Aarons.

Also…and this is just me..but for my money Tierney goes from being top class to utterly world class whenever he’s played on the left hand side of the 3…but that’s just me.

Leno

White
Gabriel
Tierney

Xhaka
Lokonga
Tavares

Saka
ESR

Pepe

Problem with three at the back is that it forces you to leave out one of Saka, Pepe, ESR and Boomerang.

Odegaard looks like he is coming which is excellent news imo.

Leno
F*ck knows RB White Gabriel Tierney
Partey Odegaard
Pepe ESR Saka
Boomerang

Would be my choice. Still don't understand how Gabriel fell out of favour, I don't recall him ever being bad and he's our most athletic CB. Alternatively he can play a more aggressive 433

Leno
Odegaard Partey ESR
Pepe Boomerang Saka

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-18-2021, 02:09 PM
Problem with three at the back is that it forces you to leave out one of Saka, Pepe, ESR and Boomerang.

Odegaard looks like he is coming which is excellent news imo.

Leno
Partey Odegaard
Pepe ESR Saka
Boomerang

Would be my choice. Still don't understand how Gabriel fell out of favour, I don't recall him ever being bad and he's our most athletic CB. Alternatively he can play a more aggressive 433

Leno
Odegaard Partey ESR
Pepe Boomerang Saka

I'd be bang up for that. But when he could have done that last year, he didn't. He moved ESR to the wings and played Odey at 10. When ESR is a much more natural, Bergy-style no.10.

If he does that again, and plays Xhaka in MF we've made next to no improvement this summer.

We have some really skilful players but MA's just crushing all creativity out of them. I don't think I've ever been this depressed about an up-coming season.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-18-2021, 02:46 PM

Leno

White
Gabriel
Tierney

Xhaka
Lokonga
Tavares

Saka
ESR

Pepe

Wenger played Nelson as a wingback at first and he looked alright there.