PDA

View Full Version : Back from a lovely 2 weeks in Portugal

PSRB
08-10-2021, 04:36 PM
have we discussed how **** the Hundred is?

pjlincs
08-10-2021, 04:44 PM
Not sure it requires discussion.

A match that appeared on tv in a rain break from proper cricket last week seemed to avoid showing the absent crowd as much as possible.

I was at Trent Bridge last Thursday for Jimmy's magnificent spell. The roar that greeted Kohli's first innings dismissal was immense and the noise that followed JA for his potential hat-trick ball was pretty decent too.

PSRB
08-11-2021, 08:29 AM
Not sure it requires discussion.

A match that appeared on tv in a rain break from proper cricket last week seemed to avoid showing the absent crowd as much as possible.

I was at Trent Bridge last Thursday for Jimmy's magnificent spell. The roar that greeted Kohli's first innings dismissal was immense and the noise that followed JA for his potential hat-trick ball was pretty decent too.

Pity the umpires just seemed desperate to take the players off as soon as the 1st raindrop landed

pjlincs
08-11-2021, 11:46 AM
I caught a bit of the third days play on tv on the Friday which was also rain affected.
Bumble made the case quite forcibly that people have paid a lot of money to watch the cricket not the groundstaff.
Some people travel quite a way too. The chaps behind us on the the Thursday had come over from Norn Ireland (for two days play).