PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody use Hello Fresh (or similar)

Pat Vegas
05-18-2021, 09:56 AM
as I have a gimmick mattress now I want to get on the gimmick dinners.

I did a trial box actually seems quite good so far.

Maravilloso Marvo
05-18-2021, 11:45 AM
Hang on Fash, is that actually you or is this a new angle from the advertising bods? Is Chris+ renting out our logins to them?

WES
05-18-2021, 11:57 AM

Yeah I've used three of them - Gusto, Hello Fresh and another one I can't remember.

Hello Fresh the best by some distance imo.

IUFG
05-18-2021, 12:51 PM
Hello Fresh the best by some distance imo.

that wood be my experience, too :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
05-18-2021, 03:47 PM
Hang on Fash, is that actually you or is this a new angle from the advertising bods? Is Chris+ renting out our logins to them?

:nod:

That's right

AFC East
05-19-2021, 01:49 PM

Have you considered shopping for ingredients and creating your own dinner? This interweb thing has plenty of recipes on it, you should try them.

Of course, if you don't really like food, please ignore this message.

WES
05-20-2021, 09:24 AM
Have you considered shopping for ingredients and creating your own dinner? This interweb thing has plenty of recipes on it, you should try them.

Of course, if you don't really like food, please ignore this message.

Not sure I understand your objection. The interweb thing gives you access to Hello Fresh where you can pick a recipe just as you describe. The benefit of it is that you get a great many, different recipes all in one spot.

And then when you choose one, they deliver exactly the fresh ingredients that you need to make it yourself.

All of which encourages people to do more cooking, eat less prepared food, explore more different types of food and waste less fresh ingredients.

I fail to see the downside, AFCE.

AFC East
05-20-2021, 09:52 AM
Not sure I understand your objection. The interweb thing gives you access to Hello Fresh where you can pick a recipe just as you describe. The benefit of it is that you get a great many, different recipes all in one spot.

And then when you choose one, they deliver exactly the fresh ingredients that you need to make it yourself.

All of which encourages people to do more cooking, eat less prepared food, explore more different types of food and waste less fresh ingredients.

Yeah, fair point. It depends on your starting point and it could be a gateway to brighter things.

It just doesn't have the romance of researching a recipe, heading down to the local ethnic supermarket, googling a replacement for some obscure ingredient, coming home, fvcking it all up and chucking it in the bin. Does it?

PSRB
05-20-2021, 11:42 AM

:nod: We also keep the recipe cards for anything that we particulalry enjoy and then order the right ingredients on big shop

WES
05-20-2021, 11:54 AM
:nod: We also keep the recipe cards for anything that we particulalry enjoy and then order the right ingredients on big shop

Had a particularly superb chicken with creamy lentils and mustard sauce the other day that Mrs WES and I have kept the recipe for - quite superb

IUFG
05-20-2021, 01:28 PM
Had a particularly superb chicken with creamy lentils and mustard sauce the other day that Mrs WES and I have kept the recipe for - quite superb

I've never understood why they give you the hard-of-learning-style recipe cards then publish everything they do on their website.

www.hellofresh.co.uk/recipes/

Pat Vegas
05-20-2021, 01:36 PM
I've never understood why they give you the hard-of-learning-style recipe cards then publish everything they do on their website.

www.hellofresh.co.uk/recipes/

I quite like them, rather than keep having to look at my phone or an ipad or something.

What I do like about it is I tend to eat everything in the meal. Even things I think I don't like that much or things I would never buy.

Can't say I have ever bought Bulgur wheat before.