PDA

View Full Version : Not going to lie.....

PSRB
05-14-2021, 08:02 AM
our new away kit is a belter

7sisters
05-14-2021, 08:14 AM
My Nan had an expression. Lace curtains in the window and nothing in the larder..

WES
05-14-2021, 08:27 AM
My Nan had an expression. Lace curtains in the window and nothing in the larder..

C'mon 7s, we can't be *endlessly* negative, can we?

I see some good young players and the team is playing hard for Arteta; no more the ball playing midfielders strolling about with no interest whatsoever in their defensive responsibilities while we get pasted 6-0.

That is at least, a start. Now if we can make a few good decisions on the player acquisition front and Arteta shows the humility to learn from his mistakes we might see some good progress next season.

Welcome back, BTW :thumbup:

PSRB
05-14-2021, 08:31 AM

I see some good young players and the team is playing hard for Arteta; no more the ball playing midfielders strolling about with no interest whatsoever in their defensive responsibilities while we get pasted 6-0.

That is at least, a start. Now if we can make a few good decisions on the player acquisition front and Arteta shows the humility to learn from his mistakes we might see some good progress next season.

Welcome Jack Grealish

Never going to happen

WES
05-14-2021, 08:51 AM
Welcome Jack Grealish

Never going to happen

No, it would very much surprise me as well.

And not sure it should happen. Not watched him that much but isn't he very much of the 'creative player who wants to play only in their half' type that haunted us in Wenger's final years?

PSRB
05-14-2021, 08:54 AM

And not sure it should happen. Not watched him that much but isn't he very much of the 'creative player who wants to play only in their half' type that haunted us in Wenger's final years?

In fairness, we could do with a creative midfielder. We have plenty of sit and hold, pass the ball sideways, backwards types. I miss the Cesc, Hleb, Rosicky, Cazorla types

redgunamo
05-14-2021, 09:49 AM
Right. English too, which makes it even worse.

IUFG
05-14-2021, 10:01 AM

They've got the colour correct, I'll give them that.

Sir C
05-14-2021, 10:38 AM

See also: Fur coat and no knickers.

Whatever that means. :shrug:

PSRB
05-14-2021, 10:43 AM
See also: Fur coat and no knickers.

Whatever that means. :shrug:

Surely it's a good thing? :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
05-14-2021, 10:51 AM
Surely it's a good thing? :shrug:

Depends if you have to pay for the fur coat

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-14-2021, 11:23 AM

I wish it was the right shade of yellow and that the shorts were blue. But the cannon is lush.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-14-2021, 11:25 AM

We need more ball playing midfielders. The Norgie at no.8. ESR at 10. Saka on one wing, and another no.10 who can dribble on the other.

4-1-4-1 with 4 no.10s between Partey and Auba.

WES
05-14-2021, 12:23 PM
We need more ball playing midfielders. The Norgie at no.8. ESR at 10. Saka on one wing, and another no.10 who can dribble on the other.

Yes, I would agree with that but ESR, Saka, Noggie and Pepe are four very good options, not sure we can afford anyone much better.

What we need is the wee Jockie to stay fit and a RB. Not sure how realistic either of those is.

redgunamo
05-14-2021, 12:37 PM
Are there any pictures of this so-called new away kit then?

Could do a search, I suppose, but everything on the internets is fake nowadays so I want the truth from the source's mouth, as it were :homer:

IUFG
05-14-2021, 12:40 PM
Are there any pictures of this so-called new away kit then?

Could do a search, I suppose, but everything on the internets is fake nowadays so I want the truth from the source's mouth, as it were :homer:

here you go

https://arseblog.news/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/3ecwlg9bquy61.jpeg

redgunamo
05-14-2021, 12:42 PM
You just know we'd end up with four Mesut Özils rather than four Dennis Bergkamps though.

Mmmm, FOUR Dennis Bergkamps #cloud10

redgunamo
05-14-2021, 12:44 PM
Banana milkshake? :thumbup:

here you go

https://arseblog.news/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/3ecwlg9bquy61.jpeg

Tony C
05-14-2021, 01:15 PM
I’m guessing it’s white and they tried a fancy filter?

Cos I’m not keen on the p iss colour.

pjlincs
05-14-2021, 05:21 PM
I’m guessing it’s white and they tried a fancy filter?

Cos I’m not keen on the p iss colour.

According to the Sun:
TODAY, 11:48
THROWBACK
Arsenal's new away kit for next season is inspired by the away kit from 1971!
And the Gunners happened to lift the FA Cup that season. Historical!

The 1971 away kit was a proper yellow. And I'm sure we did something a bit more in 1971!!!!