PDA

View Full Version : Carleasewimb I have a question

Pat Vegas
10-28-2020, 11:17 AM
I quite like idea of the leasing but have a question.

When the lease is up do I have to stump up another deposit each time I get a new car? This bit it’s putting me off

Burney
10-28-2020, 11:22 AM

When the lease is up do I have to stump up another deposit each time I get a new car? This bit it’s putting me off

Well of course you do. If you move from one rented flat to another, you still have to pay a deposit, don't you? Besides, your deposit on a car lease is really nothing of the sort. It's simply a down payment that reduces the amount you pay monthly.

Pat Vegas
10-28-2020, 11:31 AM
Excellent, I am off to the Mercedes showroom.

Though I will wait a bit to be honest.

Sir C
10-28-2020, 11:32 AM

Yes, unreasonable as it may sound, you need to pay something towards owning or using a new car.

Burney
10-28-2020, 11:38 AM
Yes, unreasonable as it may sound, you need to pay something towards owning or using a new car.

This would never have happened if we'd elected Corbyn.

WES
10-28-2020, 11:47 AM

carwow is your friend in these matters, Pat.

As someone who is a veteran leaser now (both my cars are leased and I shall never buy another one) my recommendation is to not get stuck on a particular car. Use carwow and look for the best deals. For some reason the manufacturers release certain cars at certain times with great deals so you can get a steal if you have an open mind and some patience.

Good luck :thumbup: