PDA

View Full Version : I mean (and I don't wish to bang on about it) it's the tactics

Sir C
10-27-2020, 10:36 AM
of the junior school playground. Everyone just chasing the ball around. Before long I expect to see all 22 players gathered around the penalty area while the 'keeper tries to take a goal kick.

It's a load of old *******s and I'm done with it.

Burney
10-27-2020, 10:53 AM
of the junior school playground. Everyone just chasing the ball around. Before long I expect to see all 22 players gathered around the penalty area while the 'keeper tries to take a goal kick.

I blame the Germans. At least when the Italians sought cynically to suck all the joy out of football they didn't try to hide it.

Sir C
10-27-2020, 11:07 AM
I blame the Germans. At least when the Italians sought cynically to suck all the joy out of football they didn't try to hide it.

I'm done with Germans. A German diplomat was rude to me yesterday and received a full and frank explanation as to why he should never contact my office again. There was even a little industrial language. The coward backed doiwn and apologised.

I hate them b. I've always hated them. Arrogant bástards to a man. (la excepted, natch.)

I'm listening to thon book btw. It's jolly good, isn't it? I rather like how he's presenting it in the form of a rattling good yarn.

Burney
10-27-2020, 11:12 AM
I'm done with Germans. A German diplomat was rude to me yesterday and received a full and frank explanation as to why he should never contact my office again. There was even a little industrial language. The coward backed doiwn and apologised.

I hate them b. I've always hated them. Arrogant bástards to a man. (la excepted, natch.)

I'm listening to thon book btw. It's jolly good, isn't it? I rather like how he's presenting it in the form of a rattling good yarn.

A rude diplomat is surely an oxymoron? You should have asked for your grandad's bike back while you were at it.

Yes, I was worried it might be rather dry, but I rattled through it in no time and was rather sorry when it ended.

Sir C
10-27-2020, 11:34 AM
A rude diplomat is surely an oxymoron? You should have asked for your grandad's bike back while you were at it.

Yes, I was worried it might be rather dry, but I rattled through it in no time and was rather sorry when it ended.

Funnily enough, I recently asked a newly-retired extremely high-ranking diplomat whether, at the end of such a long and distinguished career of diplomacy, he had got a little end-of-termish and was tempted to be gratuitously rude to Angela Merkel. He looked puzzled for a moment, for the thought had never occurred to him. Then he absolutely pissed himself :hehe: Charming fellow.

His others may be worth a look as well, I'd say. https://www.penguin.co.uk/authors/1016713/rowland-white.html

Luis Anaconda
10-27-2020, 02:41 PM

They've killed the No 10, Sir C - what point is there carrying on

WES
10-27-2020, 03:06 PM

Message reported to redgunamo

#itsallaboutno9

Luis Anaconda
10-27-2020, 03:10 PM
Message reported to redgunamo

#itsallaboutno9

False 9 these days, WES. Sad scenes

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-27-2020, 04:31 PM

What would they do with a Bergy nowadays? It didn't work when we played him as a lone forward. No-one ahead of him to pass to.

If there's no place for DB10 in modern football, I'm done with the sport.

Luis Anaconda
10-27-2020, 05:37 PM
What would they do with a Bergy nowadays? It didn't work when we played him as a lone forward. No-one ahead of him to pass to.

If there's no place for DB10 in modern football, I'm done with the sport.

He would be good enough to reinvent himself GG. I mean Harry Kane is being praised as the second coming at the moment for setting up for a few goals. But, yeah, it's hard to get excited at the moment. Young Saka may be our only hope ...

WES
10-28-2020, 08:31 AM
He would be good enough to reinvent himself GG. I mean Harry Kane is being praised as the second coming at the moment for setting up for a few goals. But, yeah, it's hard to get excited at the moment. Young Saka may be our only hope ...

The wee Jocky lad on the left is a pleasure to watch imo. Proper footballer, albeit a defender. And Dani is also quite pleasing, and would be even more pleasing if we had better movement up front, I think.

And whilst I enjoy a bit of creativity as much as the next man, it's also nice playing teams like Chelsea and Liverpool knowing we aren't going to lose 6-0 anymore. We are the Arsenal, after all.

Luis Anaconda
10-28-2020, 10:13 AM
The wee Jocky lad on the left is a pleasure to watch imo. Proper footballer, albeit a defender. And Dani is also quite pleasing, and would be even more pleasing if we had better movement up front, I think.

And whilst I enjoy a bit of creativity as much as the next man, it's also nice playing teams like Chelsea and Liverpool knowing we aren't going to lose 6-0 anymore. We are the Arsenal, after all.
Dani is a lovely footballer. But I agree it is nice to see a bit of solidity - it is whether Mikel can take it up a notch, which we are going to find out soon

Sir C
10-28-2020, 10:43 AM
Dani is a lovely footballer. But I agree it is nice to see a bit of solidity - it is whether Mikel can take it up a notch, which we are going to find out soon

I'm not sure it was relevant, but last night I dreamt that I went to the top of the Empire State Building to watch The Arsenal; our players were mainly giraffes with horse's faces. One was Barney and another was Patrick Vieira. On the left wing was a monkey version of Moses. (My cat Moses, not jewish sea-parter Moses).

Anyway, the game was dull, dull, dull.

Burney
10-28-2020, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure it was relevant, but last night I dreamt that I went to the top of the Empire State Building to watch The Arsenal; our players were mainly giraffes with horse's faces. One was Barney and another was Patrick Vieira. On the left wing was a monkey version of Moses. (My cat Moses, not jewish sea-parter Moses).

I had a dream the other day where I took a job as the CEO of the Sealed Knot and one of my first official duties was to go to some big country house and address the hordes who'd turned up for a battle. So I went there dressed as King Charles I for some reason, which divided the crowd to say the least. And then a group of women from my work turned up and they'd all grown Van Dyck beards. Then I woke up.

So I think you'll agree that that speaks for itself.

WES
10-28-2020, 11:00 AM

Has one of those miniature horses kicked you in the head recently, Charles? :rubchin:

Luis Anaconda
10-28-2020, 12:43 PM

Could have probably done with the Jewish Moses to part the defence hahahahhahah

Is Moses the ginger one - he would be scary as a monkey

Sir C
10-28-2020, 12:49 PM
Could have probably done with the Jewish Moses to part the defence hahahahhahah

Is Moses the ginger one - he would be scary as a monkey

Yes, he’s a proper lump. 7kg of pikie cat.

redgunamo
10-29-2020, 11:50 AM
As is "German diplomat".

A rude diplomat is surely an oxymoron?