PDA

View Full Version : They’ve binned Gunnersaurus.

Sir C
10-05-2020, 07:46 AM
What has happened to my club?

Burney
10-05-2020, 08:10 AM

To be fair, Gonnersaurus is the best news to have come out of the pandemic.

Tony C
10-05-2020, 08:44 AM
Great...now we have a green dinosaur claiming benefits :vex:

Burney
10-05-2020, 08:53 AM
Great...now we have a green dinosaur claiming benefits :vex:

27 years that chancer's been stealing a living, t. 27 fúcking years!

I've always hated him. If we ever get crowds back, let's please either abandon the vulgar business of mascots altogether or at least have one whose appearance has something to do with the club and its history. I want a big cannon running around looking like a cock and bóllocks while hugging the kiddies.

Monty92
10-05-2020, 09:00 AM
27 years that chancer's been stealing a living, t. 27 fúcking years!

I've always hated him. If we ever get crowds back, let's please either abandon the vulgar business of mascots altogether or at least have one whose appearance has something to do with the club and its history. I want a big cannon running around looking like a cock and bóllocks while hugging the kiddies.

According to the reports, the fella in the costume is STILL Jerry Quy, who must have been in his 50s when he worked on the Travel Club away day nonce coaches in the 1990s, meaning he'll be well into his 70s by now!

The reports also say he missed his brother's wedding in favour of attending an arsenal game dressed as a dinosaur, which, without the full facts, doesn't sound like the behaviour of someone we should be feeling sorry for...

Sir C
10-05-2020, 09:04 AM
According to the reports, the fella in the costume is STILL Jerry Quy, who must have been in his 50s when he worked on the Travel Club away day nonce coaches in the 1990s, meaning he'll be well into his 70s by now!

The reports also say he missed his brother's wedding in favour of attending an arsenal game dressed as a dinosaur, which, without the full facts, doesn't sound like the behaviour of someone we should be feeling sorry for...

I see that even a global pandemic and the deaths of literally billions hasn't opened your compassion gland. :-(

Burney
10-05-2020, 09:13 AM

It could have been anyone in there, m. Harold Shipman, Jimmy Savile, Fred West - anyone.

Burney
10-05-2020, 09:16 AM
I see that even a global pandemic and the deaths of literally billions hasn't opened your compassion gland. :-(

Look, he's had a bloody good run getting paid an annual wage for 'working' every other weekend from August to May. And in a game with no supporters present, it's hard to argue that the position of club mascot isn't redundant.

Pat Vegas
10-05-2020, 09:22 AM

The time they decided to go with this story actually makes me rather annoyed.

Deliberately bring it out on Deadline day morning to make the club look ridiculous and the token Ornstein we are not signing anybody bull**** tweet.

Sir C
10-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Look, he's had a bloody good run getting paid an annual wage for 'working' every other weekend from August to May. And in a game with no supporters present, it's hard to argue that the position of club mascot isn't redundant.

You can't just discard people because their jobs don't exist any more. The man probably has a mortgage and schoool fees to pay. How would you feel walking in to Mrs f with, "Have a seat, there's something I need to tell you..."

I don't like it.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-05-2020, 09:58 AM
I'd say it's likely they're using covid as a cover story for stuff found on his hard drive.

IUFG2
10-05-2020, 10:15 AM

Good.

The embarassing cnut...

Burney
10-05-2020, 11:05 AM
You can't just discard people because their jobs don't exist any more. The man probably has a mortgage and schoool fees to pay. How would you feel walking in to Mrs f with, "Have a seat, there's something I need to tell you..."

I don't like it.

To be honest, I've spent the last two weeks doing exactly that, so I've become rather numb to it. :shrug:

By the looks of things he's well past retirement age anyway, so he's luckier than many.

Luis Anaconda
10-05-2020, 11:32 AM
To be fair, Gonnersaurus is the best news to have come out of the pandemic.

It worries me that my first thought when I saw the news was B will be happy at least

Burney
10-05-2020, 11:37 AM
It worries me that my first thought when I saw the news was B will be happy at least

The best thing about it is that employment laws mean we can't bring him back with a different wrongun inside him without getting done for constructive dismissal. He's gone for good! :cloud9:

IUFG2
10-05-2020, 11:52 AM
The best thing about it is that employment laws mean we can't bring him back with a different wrongun inside him without getting done for constructive dismissal. He's gone for good! :cloud9:

wd, The Law.

...and hopefully the club have let him keep the costume. I imagine it fúcking stinks inside there.

Burney
10-05-2020, 11:58 AM
wd, The Law.

...and hopefully the club have let him keep the costume. I imagine it fúcking stinks inside there.

I doubt it. He might go rogue and try to trade on the Gunnersaurus brand by doing children's parties and barmitzvahs.

They should ceremonially burn the costume in a funeral pyre in the centre circle before the next home game.

Yesterday Once More
10-05-2020, 12:31 PM
The thing I will always remember him for is joining in the regular minute's silences before games. He used to stand at the end of the line, next to Wenger, and bow his sad, scaly green head. It made the whole thing seem vaguely ridiculous.

Burney
10-05-2020, 12:43 PM
The thing I will always remember him for is joining in the regular minute's silences before games. He used to stand at the end of the line, next to Wenger, and bow his sad, scaly green head. It made the whole thing seem vaguely ridiculous.

He made the entire club seem vaguely ridiculous by virtue of being a seven-foot green dinosaur wearing a choker! :furious:

IUFG2
10-05-2020, 01:14 PM
He made the entire club seem vaguely ridiculous by virtue of being a seven-foot green dinosaur wearing a choker! :furious:

you can still get your fix here, b

https://www.arsenal.com/juniorgunners/news/story-gunnersaurus

for now.

Burney
10-05-2020, 01:24 PM
you can still get your fix here, b

https://www.arsenal.com/juniorgunners/news/story-gunnersaurus

for now.

They've taken down the page that lets you book him for parties.

You see? He was raking it in, the green c.unt.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-05-2020, 01:47 PM
They've taken down the page that lets you book him for parties.

You see? He was raking it in, the green c.unt.

https://i.ibb.co/H2GRhpz/gunersau.png

He looked a rigth dirty ******* in fairness.

Pat Vegas
10-05-2020, 01:49 PM
Time for Awimb to invent a new mascot.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-05-2020, 05:29 PM

Told you Xhaka raped him.

Tony C
10-05-2020, 06:52 PM
Roary the Lion looking for a job after Macclesfield went bust.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-05-2020, 09:52 PM
https://twitter.com/Tayyab__M10/status/1313233842535366656

Tony C
10-06-2020, 06:51 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/j5hdu2/one_can_hope/

Lol

redgunamo
10-06-2020, 07:16 AM
West Ham United have just released Jack Wilshere apparently :rubchin: